Changes By Celebrity ---- Unrelated to COVID

Pinboy

11 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think the Revolution is done.  

Wait till we get back cruising and we'll see a new form of " Revolution " .

2500 Cruisers " revolving " into Jr Protocol Enforcers --

I can just imagine--- elevators, lounges, theater , shops ( previously enjoyed Rolex watches not included ) , spa , gym ( first 3 days only , after that it's empty ) , and watch out for your safety in the OVC   ( the 6 ft rule won't work here -- not a chance . I've been on many cruises and you can trust me on this one ). 

I would like the iLounge back.

I read that they were taking it away on Silhouette.

Did they actually make 4 new cabins and where can we now go for advice.

I liked the iLectures, where I learnt a lot of IT at.

Edited by upwarduk

Just now, upwarduk said:

Vi would like the iLounge back.

Rumor has it that many Staff working the iLounge were having nervous breakdowns teaching SR. Citizens, oops, can't say that, what buttons to press . I am very good ( ?? ) on computers ---- the guy knew my cabin number and name by my 3rd visit on Day 1 and on day 2 gave me back my 90 minutes after he asked me if I " logged off " .  " Logged Off ??  What do you mean ??  "

Sound familiar ???

Please, this is just for fun --- I know most folks reading this would be ready to " take my head off " and are much better than me on computers. 

36 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I would like the iLounge back.

I read that they were taking it away on Silhouette.

Did they actually make 4 new cabins and where can we now go for advice.

I liked the iLectures, where I learnt a lot of IT at.

The iLounge room disappeared on the Silhouette after the revolution, but they still have several tables, computers and a printer next to the railing on Deck 5 by the World Class Bar.  They still have a couple of staff available to help with internet connection issues.  

Edited by ipeeinthepool

11 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The iLounge room disappeared on the Silhouette after the revolution, but they still have several tables, computers and a printer next to the railing on Deck 5 by the World Class Bar.  They still have a couple of staff available to help with internet connection issues.  

Does that mean that they no longer sell iPads? 

I am due for another one and was hoping to buy on my August 1st cruise. For passengers from UK, we got a great deal, no 20% VAT and depending on the current exchange rate, we could make further savings.

The iPad mini I am using now was bought on our 2015 Baltic cruise and the savings were so good, I could buy 128gb for slightly less than £390, which meant I didn’t exceed my customs allowance. Unfortunately, it is no longer updating to the latest 13,5 IOS.

6 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I am due for another one and was hoping to buy on my August 1st cruise. For passengers from UK, we got a great deal, no 20% VAT and depending on the current exchange rate, we could make further savings.

The iPad mini I am using now was bought on our 2015 Baltic cruise and the savings were so good, I could buy 128gb for slightly less than £390, which meant I didn’t exceed my customs allowance. Unfortunately, it is no longer updating to the latest 13,5 IOS.

I'm sorry but I don't know if they are still selling iPads.  

• Like 1

While there were exceptions, as shown by @upwarduk's post, I believe that the pricing wasn't particularly advantageous for many passengers, and the available items not always the most current models, so I imagine sales didn't justify continuation. The one time I needed a bit of kit, having somehow misplaced the charger for my iPhone somewhere between our pre-cruise hotel and our cabin, they didn't have any. I had to wait until our first port of call to buy one.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

They had them on Edge in February. I didn't price them as I'm a weird one who is fine with my nook, iPhone, and laptop and does not feel the need for another tablet, but they had them.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, Pinboy said:

Remove the term " Additional Tip " reference on the bill in the Specialty restaurants. It's already included in the price.

I guess it's for exemplary service in the specialty restaurants. I don't tip extra as never had a server who has gone above and beyond. 

On 5/22/2020 at 4:34 PM, osborne66 said:

Le Petit Chef - very disappointing and not worth $55 

My last cruise October 2019 we were offered Le Petit Chef for 40 each and declined. People at our table went and were disappointed.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, Fouremco said:

Isn't that what the OP is asking for, issues worth discussing not related to COVID-19? If you have bigger things to focus on unrelated to COVID-19, this thread provides the opportunity to do so.

Well said.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 4:04 PM, amias said:

osborne66

Nothing to add except to agree about local bands, but also noticed your signature.  I am a Scouser too!  Cheers.

Always great to meet new Scousers 

Just need the Football season to recommence so we can win the title 

On 5/23/2020 at 6:37 PM, George C said:

I am a few years older , we always referred to Italian ice as Italian ice, there was other types of ice sold in local grocery stores that was not Italian ice, it was on a stick.

I finally know what you're talking about.....never heard of 'ices'...I think it's what we called in Toronto  a 'popsicle'.   yes?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I guess it's for exemplary service in the specialty restaurants. I don't tip extra as never had a server who has gone above and beyond. 

We've always tipped extra in specialty dining...the staff always treated us very well and go beyond what most servers in other venues provide....having said that, most servers don't have the time....we provide them 'extra' at the end of our cruise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

I finally know what you're talking about.....never heard of 'ices'...I think it's what we called in Toronto  a 'popsicle'.   yes?

I grew up in England and called a popsicle an ice lolly. Moved to Quebec and a soda was a soft drink. Then to Ontario where it became a Pop.  

9 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

We've always tipped extra in specialty dining...the staff always treated us very well and go beyond what most servers in other venues provide....having said that, most servers don't have the time....we provide them 'extra' at the end of our cruise.

When my DH and I cruised together (no longer cruises due to health) he always tipped extra at end of cruise. Now as I mostly travel solo and pay double occupancy it's a bit more difficult. 

24 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Bang On-- We do exactly the same. 

( Watch how fast this thread will turn into " Gratuities "  which has been discussed before. I never knew that there are people that withdraw the prepaid Gratuities , then " stiff " the Staff -- Unbelievable-- No Conscience  !!! )

Add a Lawn Club Grill to all ships to mirror the Reflection and Silhouette- remove the hot glass concession from all other S class ships to replace with the LCG.  On the Edge, enclose the faux grill, so guests can comfortably enjoy the grill, which isn't covered and protected from the environment- and AC of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oceangoer2 said:

Yes but of course that is different than Italian ice which was always in a cup.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, drakes2 said:

My last cruise October 2019 we were offered Le Petit Chef for 40 each and declined. People at our table went and were disappointed.

I loved Le Petit Chef , I thought it was very entertaining, it was 55 in February but we had splurged on a royal suite which includes all specialty restaurants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

When my DH and I cruised together (no longer cruises due to health) he always tipped extra at end of cruise. Now as I mostly travel solo and pay double occupancy it's a bit more difficult. 

Understandable...wish they'd direct more of the solo cost to the people who help make the cruise enjoyable!

40 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes but of course that is different than Italian ice which was always in a cup.

I think we call it a sherbert or sorbet?  I remember on very hot sea days bar attendants served us 'ices' in a cup on the sundecks.  TMI below?

Sherbet — which is alternatively spelled sherbert — is a frozen fruit and dairy product that contains anywhere from 1 percent to 2 percent milkfat from milk or cream. Anything below 1 percent is referred to as water ice, anything between 2 and 10 percent is considered a frozen dairy dessert, and anything above 10 percent is generally labeled ice cream.

On the other hand, sorbet usually implies a fruit-based frozen dessert with little to no dairy — although the use of the term sorbet is unregulated. To add to the confusion, in other parts of the world, sherbet may refer to a fizzy powder stirred into beverages, or a beverage made of diluted fruit juice.  The main difference: sherbet contains dairy and sorbet does not.

Italian ice
Italian ice is a sweetened, finely granulated frozen dessert made with fruit or other natural or artificial food flavorings, similar to sorbet. Italian ice is similar to sorbet and snow cones, but differs from American-style sherbet in that it does not contain dairy or egg ingredients. It is derived from the Sicilian granita, a related dessert which was brought by Italian immigrants to the United States.