Changes By Celebrity ---- Unrelated to COVID

Pinboy

On 5/22/2020 at 5:31 PM, Pinboy said:

The " Additional Tip " that is added on to the bill goes into the pool for that restaurant. I was told that by a Maitre'D in Murano. We always give an additional tip directly to the Server , which they keep for themselves. 

Additional Tip goes to the pool, I agree with that.  Some how, a $10 always seems to go into the servers's pocket, 😉 I wonder how that happens?  😊

I forgot...yes, let’s see something in place of “Bait on Five”.

I laughed out loud at that one.  Sushi did have an outstanding pear cocktail made exclusively for that venue in WCB.  Sadly, we hear it's been dropped.

2 hours ago, Pickels said:

Some how, a $10 always seems to go into the servers's pocket, 😉 I wonder how that happens?  😊

You hand it to the Server--- if you feel you would like to. 

It's over and above a tip that's already included in the price.

As you might have read in this thread and others, not everyone does this. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pickels said:

No kidding? 😄!

Really-- that's true. NO kidding---What's so funny ? 

I'm sure you're not the guy that removes the Gratuities ( Tips where I'm from ) and " stiffs " the Staff  ??

Edited by Pinboy

Hi, Nope, not I-- We've been cruising since 2003, and have NEVER removed the automatic gratuities AND have always given extra gratuities to the staff: cabin steward, assistant, butler, maitre-d, servers, waiters, assistant waiters etc.  I was trying to extend some humor saying that the guy that brings us our soda, winds up with a 10 spot in his pocket.  I do know how it got there.  😉

• Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 9:08 AM, George C said:

I loved Le Petit Chef , I thought it was very entertaining, it was 55 in February but we had splurged on a royal suite which includes all specialty restaurants. 

We enjoyed le petit chef.  Enjoy on all ships that offer it

2 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Hi, Nope, not I-- We've been cruising since 2003, and have NEVER removed the automatic gratuities AND have always given extra gratuities to the staff: cabin steward, assistant, butler, maitre-d, servers, waiters, assistant waiters etc.  I was trying to extend some humor saying that the guy that brings us our soda, winds up with a 10 spot in his pocket.  I do know how it got there.  😉

We do exactly the same .

As a matter of fact, it is only since joining CC that I found out that it is possible to remove the Gratuities and can't believe that people actually do it, and worse still , admit to doing it. 

It upsets me just writing this .

4 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

We do exactly the same .

As a matter of fact, it is only since joining CC that I found out that it is possible to remove the Gratuities and can't believe that people actually do it, and worse still , admit to doing it. 

It upsets me just writing this .

Do what I do. I don't concern myself with why and what others do. NONYA. 😎

Just now, davekathy said:

Do what I do. I don't concern myself with why and what others do. NONYA. 😎

I could care-less what anyone does also -- was only expressing an '' opinion " .

" NONYA "-- I haven't got a clue what that means . ( Still a rookie at this ) 

On 5/23/2020 at 3:06 PM, davekathy said:

What's an ices? 

It's what happens to bridges before roads according to most signs along the roads I've travelled.

I have not heard it referred to as a noun before...

DSC01355.JPG

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

I could care-less what anyone does also -- was only expressing an '' opinion " .

" NONYA "-- I haven't got a clue what that means . ( Still a rookie at this ) 

More than "expressing an opinion" when you say, " It upsets me just writing this" .

NONYA =  Acronym/slang for "None Of Your Business". BTW, not a CC thing. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Argo. said:

It's what happens to bridges before roads according to most signs along the roads I've travelled.

I have not heard it referred to as a noun before...

Thanks for the laugh.

The picture sure brings back memories of the sorbet parade on earlier Celebrity cruises in the Caribbean. 

It appears there are a few of us that haven't heard of Italian or flavored ice referred to just as "ices". 

Edited by davekathy

On 5/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, Pinboy said:

For something new , how about a thought or two relating to changes you'd like to see Celebrity make Not related to Covid ?

Here's just a few ideas :

The amenities in the stateroom --- the soap bar with the little specs ( ?? ) , the hard plastic containers with shampoo , body lotion, and shower gel ---  the previous ones were easier to use, pen and pad in staterooms  ( they are already in suites ).

Remove the term " Additional Tip " reference on the bill in the Specialty restaurants. It's already included in the price.

Eliminate the Captain's 10 AM announcement of the vessel's current position , wind speed, distance traveled since last port. 

Hire a Caribbean band for sailings in the Caribbean .

We miss Bistro on Five and Silk Harvest on the Reflection and Silhouette.

The theme shows in the Theater have been the same for the past few years-- enough with the acrobats. 

Your thoughts ?

Get rid of the tiny "tables" that are replacing the bigger tables!  Bring back the regular size tables that the "remodeling/renovation is doing away with!