What Carnival food/dish/drink do you miss the most?

ninjacat123

10 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I used to enjoy to a Brandy Alexander after dinner each evening until they started using half and half rather than cream.

Yes, why have they done that!? Not just there, can't get heavy cream for my coffee. I only have one cup a day but I can't enjoy it without heavy cream. Wondering if I would be allowed to bring my own on?

In response to the OP, I really miss Guy's Burgers and escargot. Just don't see escargot that often when not on a cruise ship!

• Like 2

I miss the macaroni and cheese with fried chicken on top that they used to have on the brunch menu. I only had it once or twice before they revamped the menu, but it was delicious! Other old menu items I miss - the Caribbean pepper pot soup and the steak salad - both on the old lunch menus. As far as current items I miss - the entire Alchemy bar menu. 😃

• Like 1

PS Thanks to the OP for starting this thread! I had completely forgotten about the Mongolian steak salad and the Caribbean pepper pot soup. One quick google later, and I found the recipe for the soup - the ingredients are going on my grocery list for next week! 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 7:34 PM, jperry2011 said:

and a strange one.. the MDR Caesar salad.

I agree, the MDR Caesar is very good. The Vista class ships have Fresh Creations (salad bar) during lunch on the Serenity deck on sea days. The Caesar is pretty much the same there, but it's a much larger portion. I was surprised by the size of the portions of salads there.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:40 PM, firefly333 said:

Bbq and their sides on conquest and dream class. Didnt like on vista served in the heat outside. Wasnt near as good

We didn't like the Pig & Anchor BBQ at all! The mac & cheese had a funky texture and wasn't good, my pulled pork was flavorless (other than the smokiness), my chicken was terrible, and I didn't like any of the sauces. We have yet to try the Ol' Fashioned BBQ.

• Like 4

It's a bit of an off-the-wall item, but I really miss the bearnaise sauce they used to serve with the steak & eggs during sea day brunch. Back with the old menu. When they changed to the new menu, they switched over to a creamy peppercorn sauce. For me, that bearnaise brought that piece of fillet mignon to a different level. I tried to ask for it on our last cruise, but was told they didn't have it. Then I asked for it at dinner one night in the MDR and got a sauce that looked similar, but wasn't near as good.

I miss Guy's burgers, but for a different (non-shutdown) reason. I think they've seriously gone downhill in recent years. A few years ago, I couldn't get enough of them and would crave them for a year leading up to our next cruise. But they steadily got worse with every cruise. On the Horizon a few months ago, for the first time ever, I couldn't even finish one of them, the flavor was that bad. So I miss what they used to be.

I'm becoming a bigger & bigger fan of the pizza. I'm not a big fan of thin crust, but Carnival's pizza is excellent. And it really hits the spot late at night.

• Like 3

They used to have the best crab cake in the Steakhouse back in the day (years ago).  I was so sad when it dropped from the menu!  I would love for that to come back 😊. Otherwise I miss the Mongolian Wok and most of the soups in the dining room.  I also really miss the Alchemy Bar!!

• Like 2

I miss the West Indian Pumpkin soup. OMG...that was so good! And I can't stand to eat pumpkin anything! I miss the grilled chicken and steak sandwiches they used to cook on the Lido Deck. The Caesar salads are the best! And my all-time favorite is the Grand Marnier Souflee! At least 2 or 3 when having them.

And I will be celebrating 20 years as a member of Cruise Critic next month!

Edited by jordanaire
  • Like 2

I don't know how they do it...but the hotdogs from the deli are the best hotdogs ive ever had. So my answer is...hotdogs lol ….oh yeah and also breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2020 at 8:44 PM, Saint Greg said:

That flaming tomato soup was good.

You see JH Gave out the flaming tomato soup recipe?? Like I’m gonna be charring or crushing any of those vegetables or grating or drizzling anything. 
Just bring it back Carnival!! 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 2