Where do service animals go to the bathroom?

On 5/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, lenquixote66 said:

That is what I always thought but there was a woman holding a tiny dog and her husband said it was an Emotional support dog.She seemed to be very friendly with many of the ships officers.

Did you report it to Security/Guest Services?

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 9:04 PM, Mallefiscent said:

I wonder how many dogs miss that little box.

Male service dogs that are trained by professional service dog organizations are trained to squat to pee.

8 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

it's not that little. 

Agreed, I have seem it, and it’s maybe 6’ square. 

I think the aim could worse in the men’s bathroom. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2020 at 2:11 AM, L454S said:

You know, there are a lot more people with allergies to pet dander and pet hair than there are people with emotional lap dogs(read PET).

Imagine these folks getting a cabin where an emotional(read PET)animal has been for a week. So, I guess we have to decide who gets the flying fickle finger of fate?

I think I know which way I might lean.

I don't know how they handle it on cruise ships, but I know Disney has set rooms that dogs can be in.  If you let them know you have a pet allergy, they won't put you in that room. 

2 hours ago, Mallefiscent said:

I don't know how they handle it on cruise ships, but I know Disney has set rooms that dogs can be in.  If you let them know you have a pet allergy, they won't put you in that room. 

That's good to know, I had heard years ago of "smoking" rooms at certain hotels.

Alas, RCI does not practice this. If you have pet dander/pet hair allergies, I guess you get the finger from Mr./Mrs. Entitled. Another option might be to go and plead your case at the guest services desk for another room.....good luck with that.

Edited by L454S
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, L454S said:

That's good to know, I had heard years ago of "smoking" rooms at certain hotels.

Alas, RCI does not practice this. If you have pet dander/pet hair allergies, I guess you get the finger from Mr./Mrs. Entitled. Another option might be to go and plead your case at the guest services desk for another room.....good luck with that.

That is too bad.  It can be a very bad trigger for people with asthma.  I will write to them and suggest it.   If they are aware that other big companies are doing it, maybe they will consider it.   With all the Covid stuff though, I doubt if they do anything about it at the moment.  Then again, if they are already in flux and making changes, maybe they will throw it in there too. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 8:18 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

FYI, Royal no longer allows emotional support animals aboard their ships.  Service animals only. 

I’m so glad they did this and airlines/businesses are following.  The emotional support animals were getting out of control. 

On 5/22/2020 at 5:11 PM, blueridgemama said:

There are litter boxes filled with wood chip like material. They were located on the running track on deck 5 on Oasis of the Seas. I'm guessing they are emptied and cleaned by the crew

Yes I saw these also On Oasis in February when walking the track