Cruise Critic Community

Hi

Im looking at a Grand Suite on Symphony which comes with Suite Lounge access.

However, I am getting conflicting reports - are the alcoholic beverages free all day and evening or are they only free during a set "cocktail hour" time each evening.

Thank You

Posted (edited)

Beer/wine/water from 11am-11pm and cocktails during Happy Hour which can be 4:30-8:00 or 5:00-8:30

Wines can be different than those shown. 

Suite Lounge Beverage Menu.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

4 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

Once sailings resume the Suite lounges will be a Thing of the past. 

There is always one person unable to answer a straight forward question without adding their own depressing thoughts (and who has zero knowledge of what will and wont be happening).

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Beer/wine/water from 11am-11pm and cocktails during Happy Hour which can be 4:30-8:00 or 5:00-8:30

Wines can be different than those shown. 

THANK YOU Suzy - much appreciated.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

Other than being non-responsive. How would the suites lounge differ from any other bar. Have you been in the suites lounge on the symphony? The cruise line wants to sells suites more than inside rooms. 

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, 123funcruiser said:

My Magic 8 Ball say's, "don't count on it"! 🎱

2 hours ago, 123funcruiser said:

Ridiculous!! The passenger willing to drop $20K-$30K is the passenger they want back immediately 

The seats are pretty well space in the suite lounge anyway.

On 5/23/2020 at 8:55 AM, 123funcruiser said:

Last week Bayley said it might take a few months for things to get back to normal,  the more things change the more they stay the same.  Have you noticed as bars open they are filled with no masks and no social distancing, just packed as usual.  

On 5/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, 123funcruiser said:

Official source link please.  

On 5/23/2020 at 12:03 PM, Couple-Somerset said:

There is always one person unable to answer a straight forward question without adding their own depressing thoughts (and who has zero knowledge of what will and wont be happening).

THANK YOU Suzy - much appreciated.

Ignore the voices of "gloom and doom"....there is always one in the batch.  

Trolls...don't feed them.  😉 

23 hours ago, davekathy said:

My Magic 8 Ball say's, "don't count on it"! 🎱

And your Magic 8 ball...has very mystical and magical powers that come from the voice of ages.  😉  

Damn...wish I would have kept mine like you did.  Dumb kid.  

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, island lady said:

And your Magic 8 ball...has very mystical and magical powers that come from the voice of ages.  😉  

Damn...wish I would have kept mine like you did.  Dumb kid.  

Yeah, it's got a few scratches and a hair line crack in it with an old peace symbol stuck on it ☮️, but it still works. It''s going to be 61 years old this year. I'm a lot older and have a few more cracks and scratches, but it's a lot wiser. 🎱 I didn't even know it was still around until my mom presented it to me in 2014. 😲 Long story... Now it sits on my desk next to my laptop.

Edited by davekathy

Yes for symphony. Suite lounges on the oasis class ship serve some beer and wine during the day. Other ships like mariner class, even though they have a suite lounge,  do not serve alcohol during the day.  

symphony  is a beautiful ship with fantastic entertainment. Enjoy. 
m

On 5/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, 123funcruiser said:

And you know this how? 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yeah, it's got a few scratches and a hair line crack in it with an old peace symbol stuck on it ☮️, but it still works. It''s going to be 61 years old this year. I'm a lot older and have a few more cracks and scratches, but it's a lot wiser. 🎱 I didn't even know it was still around until my mom presented it to me in 2014. 😲 Long story... Now it sits on my desk next to my laptop.

Oh that is so cool...what a great story!  Wish my Mom had kept mine for me...drats.  😉   Bucky wanted me to ask you if you also kept your "Etch a Sketch"....first I pad??!!  😄  😄   

image.jpeg.f77d1464f025d39775064817f841f51b.jpeg

Edited by island lady

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh that is so cool...what a great story!  Wish my Mom had kept mine for me...drats.  😉   Bucky wanted me to ask you if you also kept your "Etch a Sketch"....first I pad??!!  😄  😄   

image.jpeg.f77d1464f025d39775064817f841f51b.jpeg

Nope. But I do have my Rubik's cube from 1974. Still haven't figured that sucker out!! 🤬 I should take it on our next cruise and challenge someone in the DL to figure it out. Next round of drinks on me if someone can. 🍷 😄 That's if the DL doesn't go away like a poster claims will happen to the SL on this thread. :classic_rolleyes: 

Edited by davekathy

On 5/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Ridiculous!! The passenger willing to drop $20K-$30K is the passenger they want back immediately 

Pretty much the only passengers paying anywhere near 20K in September are STAR and they don't need any SL drama.  

BTW, 10K is probably more accurate even for STAR

I personally don't know or care if SL's, CL's, or DL's are open once cruising resumes.  So trivial at this point.  If I want a drink I can buy one at the bar.  Not to mention the crap food on offer.

We're just D+ but have no intention of cruising for the foreseeable future.

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

I took mine apart to see how it worked. 😄

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, blueskadoo said:

Do suite lounges include soft drinks like cokes for all day too? 

Yes,  Soft drinks and water for everyone who has access.    There is a full bar in the lounge, that has been open all day.  Those with drink packages, those who want to purchase a drink or  those with drinks included in the accommodations can get service.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Even though we go to the suite lounge when we cruise to have a drink, we have always  purchased the drink package.

We like to try different drinks and if we do not like them, oh well on to another.

This way when we are at the pool or around the ship I do not have to travel to the lounge to get a pop, or glass of wine during the day, but rather quench my thirst with what I want where I want it.

I wish the suite lounge would get a blender though.........my back up drink is a Frozen strawberry daiquiri and when I am not able to get that It is a  Skinny Pirate (Captains and diet coke).

Stay healthy

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty much the only passengers paying anywhere near 20K in September are STAR and they don't need any SL drama.  

BTW, 10K is probably more accurate even for STAR

My figures were intended as total for an entire suite, not just per passenger, I wasn’t clear