Cruise Critic Community

On 5/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, 123funcruiser said:

Once sailings resume the Suite lounges will be a Thing of the past. 

go kick some rocks

32 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My figures were intended as total for an entire suite, not just per passenger, I wasn’t clear

That is the cost for an entire suite. 

September/October are much cheaper than mid summer or Christmas 

Our STAR Suite on Allure TA was 11 grand for 3

GS on Harmony in August was under 3 grand for two, and upcoming OS on Symphony is just over 3 grand for two.

Typical cost for a GS is 5 grand for two in my experience 

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes,  Soft drinks and water for everyone who has access.    There is a full bar in the lounge, that has been open all day.  Those with drink packages, those who want to purchase a drink or  those with drinks included in the accommodations can get service.  

M

That's pretty much only Oasis ships.

Orher ships typically are coffee only during day, maybe some cookies

13 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

What constitutes a Suite Lounge drama please?😯

I'd rather not open that can of worms right now

Thanks for the answer! Followup question...if you're in a Star or Sky level suite on an Oasis class ship, do you get the cokes/waters and stuff in the room for free as well? or is it a mini-bar like every other room on the ship? Sorry to ask so many questions- just happy to get clear info for once. We're (hopefully) going on HotS in an Owners Suite at Thanksgiving and its our first Royal, and my husband is a HUGE diet coke drinker!! 😊

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

That's if the DL doesn't go away like a poster claims will happen to the SL on this thread. :classic_rolleyes: 

LOL...what?...the "one post wonder"?  😄 😄  

Cool about your Rubik's cube.  Had one briefly...same result.  😵

57 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'd rather not open that can of worms right now

LOL...you had to know someone would ask.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:19 PM, John&LaLa said:

Pretty much the only passengers paying anywhere near 20K in September are STAR and they don't need any SL drama.  

BTW, 10K is probably more accurate even for STAR

Never had one for that price.  

Well, call me stupid but still confused. I think there is bar service from 11am to 11pm but the happy hour , free drinks, sodas, etc is only from 4:30 to 8pm. If you want to purchase a drink or have beverage package you can do so outside happy hour specified times but doesn’t sound like you can grab a “coke” pro bono and walk out the door. 

44 minutes ago, jwc1027 said:

Well, call me stupid but still confused. I think there is bar service from 11am to 11pm but the happy hour , free drinks, sodas, etc is only from 4:30 to 8pm. If you want to purchase a drink or have beverage package you can do so outside happy hour specified times but doesn’t sound like you can grab a “coke” pro bono and walk out the door. 

You can grab a soda or bottle water from 11-11 on Oasis class ships

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2020 at 2:28 PM, John&LaLa said:

That is the cost for an entire suite. 

September/October are much cheaper than mid summer or Christmas 

Our STAR Suite on Allure TA was 11 grand for 3

GS on Harmony in August was under 3 grand for two, and upcoming OS on Symphony is just over 3 grand for two.

Typical cost for a GS is 5 grand for two in my experience 

I wish we got prices like that over here!  I got YC on MSC for £4000 and Star on Allure for the same week was over £11,000!  I believe you get more perks, and private exclusive areas with MSC YC including your own pool and deck!.  Drinks are included throughout the ship all day too! 🥂

Edited by little britain

On 5/25/2020 at 9:32 AM, John&LaLa said:

That's pretty much only Oasis ships.

Orher ships typically are coffee only during day, maybe some cookies

Yes correct. The question was for  Symphony so I provided info for that class. 

m

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, jwc1027 said:

OP is talking about Symphony...which is an Oasis class ship.  If you are booked in a GS and above, the SL provides complimentary beer/wine/(and yes soda)/water from 11 to 11.  Complimentary mixed drinks during the regular happy hour time.  Also applies to Pinnacles.  

As John stated...SL on Oasis class ships only.  

Edited by island lady

On 5/24/2020 at 1:50 PM, island lady said:

Official source link please.  

Exactly. Unlikely there is one since doing such a thing would be pure insanity. Maybe the OP was just a “stick seeking something to stir”?

On 5/24/2020 at 11:46 PM, voyager70 said:

I personally don't know or care if SL's, CL's, or DL's are open once cruising resumes.  So trivial at this point.  If I want a drink I can buy one at the bar.  Not to mention the crap food on offer.

We're just D+ but have no intention of cruising for the foreseeable future.

I guess you didn't care to answer the OP's original question? 

49 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Exactly. Unlikely there is one since doing such a thing would be pure insanity. Maybe the OP was just a “stick seeking something to stir”?

OOPS... I didn't mean the OP, I meant the poster of the question that @island lady was referring to. I need to not post when I am short on time!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, island lady said:

OP is talking about Symphony...which is an Oasis class ship.  If you are booked in a GS and above, the SL provides complimentary beer/wine/(and yes soda)/water from 11 to 11.  Complimentary mixed drinks during the regular happy hour time.  Also applies to Pinnacles.  

As John stated...SL on Oasis class ships only.  

TY Island lady. Yes I will be in a GS on Symphony this November and have not previously sailed on Oasis class ships so I do appreciate your clarification. I have sailed on Celebrity with access to "Michaels Club" Retreat lounge and their policy is very similar.

Edited by jwc1027

1 hour ago, jwc1027 said:

TY Island lady. Yes I will be in a GS on Symphony this November and have not previously sailed on Oasis class ships so I do appreciate your clarification. I have sailed on Celebrity with access to "Michaels Club" Retreat lounge and their policy is very similar.

You are most welcome.  🙂  

I am booked on Allure early November, then on Harmony late November...I hope we both get to keep those cruises.  😮  We love CK and the SL....enjoy!!  🤗

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

I guess you didn't care to answer the OP's original question? 

Goodie!!  More available seats in the lounges for us!!  🙂 

On 5/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, blueskadoo said:

Thanks for the answer! Followup question...if you're in a Star or Sky level suite on an Oasis class ship, do you get the cokes/waters and stuff in the room for free as well? or is it a mini-bar like every other room on the ship? Sorry to ask so many questions- just happy to get clear info for once. We're (hopefully) going on HotS in an Owners Suite at Thanksgiving and its our first Royal, and my husband is a HUGE diet coke drinker!! 😊

Only Star Class get the complimentary drinks in their suite.  Sky Class can go to the Suites Lounge and get them but not delivered to their suite.