Lockdown lifted in French Polynesia starting from May 21, 2020

Hutchinj

Here is the latest on the FP lockdown from the Tahiti Tourism office. The highlighted part seems to be a bit contradictory to the FP President's May 20th Announcement which stated ATN flights would resume July 1st (with restrictions). I guess the situation is still developing...

https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/

Lockdown lifted in French Polynesia starting from May 21, 2020

After two months of lockdown and following the improvement of the health situation, the authorities declared the end of lockdown in French Polynesia starting from May 21, 2020:

• Access to the territory for all non-residents of French Polynesia is still suspended (since March 18, 2020), until further notice. Commercial flights will be resumed following specific regulations which will be announced in 15 days.
  • Domestic flights will start their operations from May 22nd, with Air Tahiti flights serving only 10 islands: Huahine, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Rangiroa, Tikehau, Fakarava, Rurutu, Tubuai, Nuku Hiva and Hiva Oa.
  • Sailing yachts which have been welcomed in overcrowded mooring areas must leave and resume their trip.
  • All companies and administrations will resume their activities.
  • Restaurants, bars and nightclubs will resume their activities under usual conditions.

@wendy...I can’t believe no mention of masks, gloves or as much distancing ...But wait till “on the ground” requirements  ( hotels, resorts, tours, restaurants etc ) and I’m sure it will be mentioned once people from outside are allowed to visit..cruise ships are on another level regarding screening / boarding security, cleanliness, health of crew/passengers, food service, and no buffetts I’m sure..I’m assuming Wendy you are in favor of these precautions to keep everyone safe and the region open again if that what it takes ? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...