M-class cappuccino availability in Oceanview

goofysmom99

I'm in the throes of choosing a cabin (not a suite) on the Millennium.  My in-cabin morning cappuccino is sacrosanct so my question is, can you get a take-away cappuccino in the Oceanview?  I know I can on an S-Class but I haven't tried on an M-class.  I don't want to eat in the Oceanview or even sit down - just order a cappuccino, get it, and leave.  Is that possible?  Or only in Cafe al Bacio, in which case I'd book midship rather than aft.  

21 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I'm in the throes of choosing a cabin (not a suite) on the Millennium.  My in-cabin morning cappuccino is sacrosanct so my question is, can you get a take-away cappuccino in the Oceanview?  I know I can on an S-Class but I haven't tried on an M-class.  I don't want to eat in the Oceanview or even sit down - just order a cappuccino, get it, and leave.  Is that possible?  Or only in Cafe al Bacio, in which case I'd book midship rather than aft.  

So is this just a question of what is a shorter walk from your cabin to get your take-away cappuccino?

22 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

wait.. you can get cappuccino's at the buffet?!

where/how? free?

On the S class, there is a small bar at the entrance to the OV, they also have one of the faux espresso machines there. The coffee drinks are not free, but you can walk up, or have the server get you one after you are seated.

**note of caution**  if you are entitled to free espresso drinks as part of your loyalty level, be sure to tell the server not to charge you.  They do not automatically check like they do at  Cafe al Baccio. 

Several times on the Reflection in Feb. I had to go to the front desk to have coffee charges from the OV removed.  After that I stopped ordering them at the OV,  went straight to al Baccio to get my latte to avoid that (admittedly minor) annoyance. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

wait.. you can get cappuccino's at the buffet?!

where/how? free?

They are not free but if have drink packages it will be included, otherwise you pay.  

They are available at the bar that is situated inside near the entrance of OceanView buffet.  This bar has all specialty coffee that El Bacio would have.  Also, Celebrity has servers that go around to tables to ask for drink orders and they will get it for you, take your card and return with card and drink ...specialty coffee/OJ/etc.

There are also servers that go around with a cart serving regular free coffee tea but cappuccinos are not done by them.

1 hour ago, begood2me said:

Not sure why you wouldn't just got to the coffee bar.  

As the OP explained, they are considering room location and getting a cappuccino short steps from the room in the morning is obviously important to them and it sounds like they may prefer a room nearer Oceanview.  Life's choices.

Edited by poffles

On 5/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, poffles said:

As the OP explained, they are considering room location and getting a cappuccino short steps from the room in the morning is obviously important to them and it sounds like they may prefer a room nearer Oceanview.  Life's choices.

First world country problems!

1 hour ago, begood2me said:

First world country problems!

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Welcome to the entirety of Cruise Critic!

You beat me to it and ditto this 100% ... was trying to think of anything on here that would be any different.

Agree it's clearly not first world problems but I certainly don't come here for that so I"m not sure what point you are trying to make and it's the nature of these forums, be kind!  Fits right in with talk about where to eat, chair hogs, what to wear, what should I pack, is this a good room, do they have this wine, did I get a good deal, do you think they will have a sale this weekend, what was the name of your butler, do you tip extra ..... 🙂

Edited by poffles

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Welcome to the entirety of Cruise Critic!

That's true.  However, the question in itself is valid.  I have ordered latte's in the oceanview and the server get the drink.  I haven't done it by walking up to a bar, from what I can recall.  My general choice is to either order in the suite or get one in the coffee bar as that is usually most convenient for me. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2020 at 1:20 PM, begood2me said:

That's true.  However, the question in itself is valid.  I have ordered latte's in the oceanview and the server get the drink.  I haven't done it by walking up to a bar, from what I can recall.  My general choice is to either order in the suite or get one in the coffee bar as that is usually most convenient for me. 

At least on Edge in February you could do it either way in the OV - you could wait in line yourself to get it OR you could sit and a server would (eventually) come and see if you wanted anything.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:23 AM, poffles said:

They are not free but if have drink packages it will be included, otherwise you pay.  

They are available at the bar that is situated inside near the entrance of OceanView buffet.  This bar has all specialty coffee that El Bacio would have.  Also, Celebrity has servers that go around to tables to ask for drink orders and they will get it for you, take your card and return with card and drink ...specialty coffee/OJ/etc.

There are also servers that go around with a cart serving regular free coffee tea but cappuccinos are not done by them.

Just to clarify, the OV bar does not serve the full menu of specialty coffee drinks offered by al Bacio.  And when we were on the Reflection last September they did not even have the full range of flavored syrups offered by al Bacio.