Parking with hotel stay

ozzysdad

9 hours ago, ozzysdad said:

Do any hotels in the Southampton area offer a nights stay with a weeks parking included? Normally get the train down but contemplating driving if our late October cruise goes ahead.

We have stayed and parked at the Hilton and Holiday Inn.  There were so many doing this at the Hilton that the transfer was by coach which was fine going out but when we got back one couple had taken a taxi without letting anyone know so we waited unnecessarily for over an hour so we would not take their coach in the future but would get our own taxi, the other drawback was that there was nowhere else nearby to eat.  Holiday inn was much better, closer to the town centre so plenty of places to eat and the transfer was by taxi, we were back in the car and on the road on return with in 20 minutes of disembarking.

Edited by Josy1953

Dolphin Hotel, part of the Mercure chain do (or did) a cruise and stay package. I think you have to book the cruise and stay package directly through Dolphin.  Like Wowzz says it may be cheaper to book hotel & parking separately though.  

11 hours ago, ozzysdad said:

Do any hotels in the Southampton area offer a nights stay with a weeks parking included? Normally get the train down but contemplating driving if our late October cruise goes ahead.

We stayed at the Meon Valley hotel and left our car for 8 nights and had a return taxi included.

The hotel is about 15 minutes taxi ride to the port.

It has its own golf course surrounding the hotel and other leisure facilities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Dolphin Hotel, part of the Mercure chain do (or did) a cruise and stay package. I think you have to book the cruise and stay package directly through Dolphin.  Like Wowzz says it may be cheaper to book hotel & parking separately though.  

The benefit of separate hotel and port parking, is that you are in total control of when you arrive and leave the port, no waiting for a taxi and you only have to unload and load the cases once.  Plus you have a larger area from which to seek out a good value hotel.

Edited by terrierjohn

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We stayed at the Meon Valley hotel and left our car for 8 nights and had a return taxi included.

The hotel is about 15 minutes taxi ride to the port.

It has its own golf course surrounding the hotel and other leisure facilities.

We stayed there once. It's ok, but better hotels are around. It was a Marriot, but they sold it off. A City centre hotel is probably more convenient.

19 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We stayed there once. It's ok, but better hotels are around. It was a Marriot, but they sold it off. A City centre hotel is probably more convenient.

If you want leisure facilities it is great but I had to use the sat nav to find it.

Next time I will look at the Holiday Inn which is next to the city terminal gate or the harbour hotel.

We used to always fly down and stay at the Premier Inn Westquay.

There is a big multi storey car park attached to this Premier Inn so might be worth checking out as the car park has direct access by bridge to the Westquay shopping centre.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ozzysdad said:

Book a room on the Club Floor.

https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-at-the-ageas-bowl-southampton-SOUAGHI/about/park-and-stay.html

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Winchester last year (not cruise related) and I noticed they did a 'stay, park and ride' to the cruise port, but I don't know how much it is...just giving you options!

Simon

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ozzysdad said:

We nearly always stay at the Mercure Dolphin. It is not the best hotel in Southampton, it is an old building and a bit quirky, but convenient for the City centre, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the breakfast is good and has always worked out a LOT cheaper than booking a room plus separate parking. Cars remain on site throughout. You do need to book it direct... some hotel booking sites offer the package but is easier to deal with them direct.

23 minutes ago, Mysticalmother said:

We nearly always stay at the Mercure Dolphin. It is not the best hotel in Southampton, it is an old building and a bit quirky, but convenient for the City centre, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the breakfast is good and has always worked out a LOT cheaper than booking a room plus separate parking. Cars remain on site throughout. You do need to book it direct... some hotel booking sites offer the package but is easier to deal with them direct.

They are part of Accor,which range from Fairmont right down through novatel to budget. We joined their loyalty scheme years ago and you get a bit of a discount and points which you can use for money off. My DW does ridicule me a bit as I join any loyalty scheme that is going. I am very loyal to everybody.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

That's where we stay. Near shops for any last minute emergency purchases (handbag last year!)  and near plenty of restaurants if you don't want to eat in the hotel.

ETA.I think we  paid £240 for overnight stay with breakfast, taxi to and from port plus 28 nights parking. 

Edited by ohnonotmeagain

We stay at HolidayInnExpress West just off M271 so very convenient includes buffet breakfast and a pub within walking distance and then we use Parking4cruises. We have paid as low as £48 for the room which is basic but clean and then go to pub for evening meal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zombatar said:

We have always stayed at the Grand Harbour Hotel. Its very nice, right in the centre of the city on West Quay Road so really easy to get to.

Peter and Jenny

If you get the timing right you can get a good deal at this hotel. We had up to 14 nights parking with bed and breakfast for our now cancelled June cruise. It included free cancellation (fortunately) and taxi transfer, one way only bizarrely for some reason, for £141. So allowing £10 for the missing taxi transfer can be a good deal at a reasonable hotel. You can go for a non refundable option for about £15 less.

1 hour ago, kenhem said:

If you get the timing right you can get a good deal at this hotel. We had up to 14 nights parking with bed and breakfast for our now cancelled June cruise. It included free cancellation (fortunately) and taxi transfer, one way only bizarrely for some reason, for £141. So allowing £10 for the missing taxi transfer can be a good deal at a reasonable hotel. You can go for a non refundable option for about £15 less.

One of the better hotels in Southampton, we do the carpets for them. 

You often get the cruise entertainers doing a turn in there. 

It was DeVere but is called Leonardo I believe now. 

Andy 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

One of the better hotels in Southampton, we do the carpets for them. 

You often get the cruise entertainers doing a turn in there. 

It was DeVere but is called Leonardo I believe now. 

Andy 

We're due to stay there for an October cruise so if cruising is ok by then I'll include your carpets in my review 😁

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kenhem said:

We're due to stay there for an October cruise so if cruising is ok by then I'll include your carpets in my review 😁

Brown squirly carpet custom made by Wilton carpets covers the public areas.. 

Not very nice but they seem to like it... 

Andy 

39 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Brown squirly carpet custom made by Wilton carpets covers the public areas.. 

Not very nice but they seem to like it... 

Andy 

Do you know whether they park cars on site securely or do they take them elsewhere?

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

from your stateroom via the Internet.

To be honest, if anyone wants to pinch my car, go for it. I'm certainly not going  to pay £10 a day to check if my car is in situ!

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be honest, if anyone wants to pinch my car, go for it. I'm certainly not going  to pay £10 a day to check if my car is in situ!

If you paid the £10 a day WiFi charge you could check on your car and see all your business emails,😁. A bargain.