When do you think you'll cruise again?

grest

We are hoping that our long booked cruise and land tour down under will happen in January 2021. Of course that depends on New Zealand and Australia letting us in, let alone the ship we are supposed to cruise in.

After that we will be looking at an East Coast Canada or a return to Alaska which would visit ports we haven't been to and probably a land portion.

Edited by Blackduck59

On 6/5/2020 at 4:32 PM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

I am afraid Holland America is not going to have any more cruises this year.

Why do you say that? They are still offering/selling their Fall/early winter sailings as we type. Are you speaking from some sort of 'inside information' or something. I realize that they have cancelled many of their sailings for the remainder of the year, but not all of them.

Or are you simply betting that they will cancel the rest of them before Fall?

I am holding out less hope than previously that I will cruise this year or even early in 2021. I just moved my BTB Med cruise (Celebrity) from Oct 2020 to Oct 2021, and my HAL SA/Antarctica cruise from Jan 2021 to Jan 2022 because I think the former dates are too risky. Even if cruising resumes, the images of the impacted cruises last year, especially with regard to Asia and South America, are all too fresh in my mind. Also, we are still without any idea of what guidance is going to be required for ships going forward. And nothing has changed regarding vaccine availability or treatment.

Sorry to sound bleak. Believe me, I had to do a lot of thinking to come to grips with my decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I am holding out less hope than previously that I will cruise this year or even early in 2021. I just moved my BTB Med cruise (Celebrity) from Oct 2020 to Oct 2021, and my HAL SA/Antarctica cruise from Jan 2021 to Jan 2022 because I think the former dates are too risky. Even if cruising resumes, the images of the impacted cruises last year, especially with regard to Asia and South America, are all too fresh in my mind. Also, we are still without any idea of what guidance is going to be required for ships going forward. And nothing has changed regarding vaccine availability or treatment.

Sorry to sound bleak. Believe me, I had to do a lot of thinking to come to grips with my decision.

I think you’re being realistic.  In March I thought I’d be going on a January, 2021 cruise but in mid -April cancelled that and have deferred all cruising plans to 2022 at the earliest.