When do you think you'll cruise again?

grest

18 hours ago, Doubt It said:

We are also looking at Globus tours to see the world when things open up enough. Had a most amazing tour of Austria, Switzerland, France and Germany and a return on the QM2 from Hamburg, last June. No cruise has ever beat the value for money, the sights, the local food period. Globus specializes in North Americans and Aussies/Kiwis. They stay 2 days in each city, so really excellent site seeing. A fairly high end tour company. 

If people think social distancing on cruises will be a problem, imagine it on a packed tour bus with 40-50 other people, every day.

No thanks. I've done some of those tours when I first started exploring Europe, but I wouldn't book one now.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

If people think social distancing on cruises will be a problem, imagine it on a packed tour bus with 40-50 other people, every day.

No thanks. I've done some of those tours when I first started exploring Europe, but I wouldn't book one now.

We like coach touring in addition to cruising.  As you say though, the issues around coronavirus are pretty similar; we cancelled three tours (well before the tour companies took action) for this year and don’t plan on trying again until 2022.... same as our cruising schedule.  For the time being, we’ll enjoy some travel in Canada to the extent we’re able.

Rebooked our 3 cruises that got canceled while on the Rotterdam 3/11 having to get off 3/15 in PV!

we booked Koningsdam back in 3/19 Hawai’i/Mexico 24 day 1/9/31! Fingers crossed it won’t be canceled!

1/29/22-2/12/22 Rotterdam Panama Canal and then  going on Oceania 17 day RT

Miami to Miami Carribean Cruise.

Denise😊

• Like 1

We are booked on a Southern Caribbean from San Juan in late November and plan on going if the ship sails. Our May Mediterranean cruise was canceled, so we booked flights to Denver for August and plan to tour the Rocky Mountains for a week.

Our next cruise will probably be a river cruise - perhaps one right here in the United States.  Our one of the smaller coastal ships, like American Cruise Line. For now, we are being cautious.  We love cruising, but perhaps the industry became too large for its own good.  We may be seeing a culling of the fleet, so to speak.  The other day we watched a video of two ladies' review of the Oasis of the Seas......just the lines of crowds alone indicate that that ship may be  ill-suited for the post-Covid market

Here's an article by a longtime cruise reviewer (60 cruises in 30 years).  It's quite a read.  She says that even after the pandemic ends, "it will take a lot to get me to board a cruise ship of any size."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/a-longtime-cruise-reviewer-answers-the-question-what-will-it-take-for-you-to-cruise-again/2020/05/28/144283be-9f54-11ea-9590-1858a893bd59_story.html

17 minutes ago, mainelycruising said:

Our next cruise will probably be a river cruise - perhaps one right here in the United States.  Our one of the smaller coastal ships, like American Cruise Line. For now, we are being cautious.  We love cruising, but perhaps the industry became too large for its own good.  We may be seeing a culling of the fleet, so to speak.  The other day we watched a video of two ladies' review of the Oasis of the Seas......just the lines of crowds alone indicate that that ship may be  ill-suited for the post-Covid market

What about airlines where we're crammed into seats like sardines?  They're even less suited, IMO, for the post-Covid market.

Here's an article by a longtime cruise reviewer (60 cruises in 30 years).  It's quite a read.  She says that even after the pandemic ends, "it will take a lot to get me to board a cruise ship of any size."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/a-longtime-cruise-reviewer-answers-the-question-what-will-it-take-for-you-to-cruise-again/2020/05/28/144283be-9f54-11ea-9590-1858a893bd59_story.html

No one will go on a socially distanced cruise. Her article is silly.

Either normal cruises or none at all.

Who would go on a cruise like she describes? Anyone?

I started a new thread for this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 hours ago, Roz said:

What about airlines where we're crammed into seats like sardines?  They're even less suited, IMO, for the post-Covid market.

In reality, chances of getting Covid19 onboard an aircraft are very slim. All airliners have very powerful airconditioning systems with HEPA filters that catch and hold 99.99% of all virii particules.

Air is refreshed every couple of minutes, and basically, your breath and droplets are being sucked into these systems. 

Plus, why on Earth do people think that the conditions we are facing now will be permanent?! They are not, and even this ridiculous “new-normal” will cease to be implemented as soon as possible.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Rebooked our 3 cruises that got canceled while on the Rotterdam 3/11 having to get off 3/15 in PV!

we booked Koningsdam back in 3/19 Hawai’i/Mexico 24 day 1/9/31! Fingers crossed it won’t be canceled!

1/29/22-2/12/22 Rotterdam Panama Canal and then  going on Oceania 17 day RT

Miami to Miami Carribean Cruise.

Denise😊

Denise...I'm not sure I understand what dates you are on the Koningsdam to HI...is that January of '21? We are booked R/T SD for a 1/16 departure...and I believe it goes on to MX after that...is that the one you are booked on?

5 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Denise...I'm not sure I understand what dates you are on the Koningsdam to HI...is that January of '21? We are booked R/T SD for a 1/16 departure...and I believe it goes on to MX after that...is that the one you are booked on?

Yes! 1/9 out of our home town San Diego. 24 day Mexico/Hawai’i  Mexico back to San Diego heading to Hawaii on 16th!

Denise😊

37 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

No one will go on a socially distanced cruise. Her article is silly.

Either normal cruises or none at all.

Who would go on a cruise like she describes? Anyone?

I started a new thread for this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd be happy to go on a socially distanced cruise.  So there.

17 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Booked on that one too, moved our FCC to it.  Keeping fingers crossed!  

Will just have to see hun?. I hope so. All of our monies from our 3 cruises that were refunded and 2 FCC we put on our cruises in 2022! I need to do those cruises again 

and really enjoy them !,

Have a great day and will all keep our fingers crossed.

Denise😊

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mainelycruising said:

There are small cruise ships who sail the Great Lakes between Canada and the US. Mostly Europeans are the guests, but worth looking into.

Can take a train from NYC and Chicago to a port to get aboard.

I am looking forward to a long overdue trip through the magnificent Canadian Rockies.

1 hour ago, Doubt It said:

There are small cruise ships who sail the Great Lakes between Canada and the US. Mostly Europeans are the guests, but worth looking into.

Can take a train from NYC and Chicago to a port to get aboard.

I am looking forward to a long overdue trip through the magnificent Canadian Rockies.

Bolding is mine.  Did you hear Garneau’s announcement this morning.  

Anything over 100 people on board (if I understood the announcement correctly) including passengers AND crew will not be permitted until Oct. 31, 2020 - including rivers and lakes.  I’m waiting for the official link in writing and will post it on the thread I started with the announcement.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been eyeing a 23 day Transatlantic for October 2021. Right now can’t talk anyone into going along. Not because of the current situation but because they’ve been to most of the ports or don’t want to be gone that long.  So, I’m not sure I want to drop that much as a single.

21 hours ago, kazu said:

Bolding is mine.  Did you hear Garneau’s announcement this morning.  

Anything over 100 people on board (if I understood the announcement correctly) including passengers AND crew will not be permitted until Oct. 31, 2020 - including rivers and lakes.  I’m waiting for the official link in writing and will post it on the thread I started with the announcement.

kazu, yes I was aware well before it became public knowledge.

I bring up the Great Lakes cruise industry to inform CC posters of this cruise option, the same as others have been mentioning the new Viking Mississippi cruise option.

The point being that many people are moving beyond traditional cruising to embrace other options - and Excellent to be sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doubt It said:

kazu, yes I was aware well before it became public knowledge.

I bring up the Great Lakes cruise industry to inform CC posters of this cruise option, the same as others have been mentioning the new Viking Mississippi cruise option.

The point being that many people are moving beyond traditional cruising to embrace other options - and Excellent to be sure.

At some point I would like to do a Columbia River cruise or a Great Lakes cruise, but was saving those for when I no longer can or want to fly overseas.  I may be doing a Columbia River cruise sooner than I thought. 😉  US river cruises are as expensive or more expensive than European river cruises.  

We are booked on NA for Dec 2020 and plan to go. If all is well, we will book are next cruise while on board. We love cruising and hope to continue for years to come. And yes a safe vaccine will be a huge boost for the cruise industry and society as a whole.

• Like 1

Our September HAL cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii was just canceled by Canada so our next booked cruise is June 2021 on Oceania from London to New York City via the North Atlantic.  We were supposed to be in Seward today on our cruise from Tokyo to Vancouver.  

6 minutes ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Our September HAL cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii was just canceled by Canada

Canada hasn’t cancelled your cruise, just your embarkation port.  Only HAL can do that and they  may well decide to embark from a different port 😉  However, from what Hawaii has said to date, it is unlikely their ports will be open to cruises in 2020, as well.

28 minutes ago, kazu said:

Canada hasn’t cancelled your cruise, just your embarkation port.  Only HAL can do that and they  may well decide to embark from a different port 😉  However, from what Hawaii has said to date, it is unlikely their ports will be open to cruises in 2020, as well.

My wife is hoping they move the disembarkation to an American port and then visit a Mexican port like Cabos. Or we board the ship in Puerto Vallarta. Carnival has a nice facility there.