When do you think you'll cruise again?

grest

On 5/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

Yes! 1/9 out of our home town San Diego. 24 day Mexico/Hawai’i  Mexico back to San Diego heading to Hawaii on 16th!

Denise😊

So hoping this will end up going!!! 

• Like 1

I want to book, too.  Badly!  :)  But what are the chances of being able to purchase decent Travel Medical insurance?   Right now, of course, none cover Covid-19. Going forward, how will this work?   Will it be covered once there is a vaccine and you have been vaccinated?   Is that what it will take to have insurance for peace of mind?

Edited by SilvertoGold

For the first ever, I have no cruise booked.

I know what I want and I know where I would like to go but until I get my deposit back and know that my last FCD is in place and know it is safe to go, I am not booking.

It’s killing me not to have a cruise to look forward to but no way do I want to go through the unknown another time.  Two dashing of plannings is enough,  thank you 

I know what I want and I know where I would like to go but until I get my deposit back and know that my last FCD is in place and know it is safe to go, I am not booking.

It’s killing me not to have a cruise to look forward to but no way do I want to go through the unknown another time.  Two dashing of plannings is enough,  thank you 

Same with us.
Hoping to see harbours will be opening to cruise ships again soon. In Europe most of the country’s will open for tourists in June or 01st of July. So hope to be on a HAL ship again in December...!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

14 hours ago, kazu said:

We too have no cruise booked and, in fact, have stopped our typical researching and planning.   Our notional next cruise was to be, and hopefully eventually will be, my wife’s graduation gift when she finishes her post-graduate studies in July 2021.   I have promised to do her number one bucket list cruise that includes St Petersburg.   While we’re pretty confident this all will pass we have too many unanswered questions and concerns right now to book anytime soon.   

Edited by Randyk47

We are on the same page.  In fact, we have our next two years of travel plans tentatively mapped out.  Cruises are not part of those plans.  They could be but certainly not until at least 2021.

We do not live to cruise.   We place our health and our well being above bravado and above some misplaced loyalty to a for profit cruise corporation.  We also like to know exactly what we are buying before we put our money down on the table.

Edited by iancal
  • Thanks 1

Planning to spend a few weeks in my beloved Ireland in the late summer. Air fares are reasonable and I'm hopeful the the health and safety issue with the airlines will be better sorted out by then.

No cruises until further notice. Too many uncertainties right now.

Edited by DFD1

I think what will be crucial to decision making regarding future travel - how travel insurance will  be worded.  How much or how  little will they cover, and the parameters of conditions, regarding COVID-19 risk.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

2 minutes ago, CJcruzer said:

I think what will be crucial to decision making regarding future travel - how travel insurance wil” be worded, and in the future,  how little or much they will cover regarding COVID-19 risk.

Carol

Yours is an interesting perspective. Travel insurance or not....sick is still sick... and a ventilator is still a ventilator...and the risk is still the risk.

1 minute ago, DFD1 said:

Yours is an interesting perspective. Travel insurance or not....sick is still sick... and a ventilator is still a ventilator...and the risk is still the risk.

Agreed, but even a trip such as you posted, visiting Ireland - is still travel outside the country- which would mean travel insurance.   I was not speaking strictly about cruising - and independent, or land-based tour, or river cruise poses the same question re travel insurance.

And again I agree a risk is still a risk, sick is still sick -

Carol

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Actually, I think I would be more concerned with flying than cruising  - but our travel usually has both!

And think on a long haul flight, having to use the washroom!   Not very kept up, at the best of times (except for EVA air, which is a phenomenal airline).

1 minute ago, CJcruzer said:

Agreed, but even a trip such as you posted, visiting Ireland - is still travel outside the country- which would mean travel insurance.   I was not speaking strictly about cruising - and independent, or land-based tour, or river cruise poses the same question re travel insurance.

And again I agree a risk is still a risk, sick is still sick -

Carol

You're right. I'll have it whenever I leave the country....and cancellation insurance even for major travel in the US.

The risk for us is not being able to buy comprehensive travel medical insurance.  We need normal coverage so we don't get stuck paying American (or other countries')  hospital costs while traveling.  Right now, Covid-19 is obviously not covered, so, travel is really not possible. How will this work?

What interests me is what people on this thread will be doing for any travel insurance, medical, interruption, etc.

My particular aim is summer 2021. I am sure it will be a very nice season to travel and enjoy your time without any worries about getting stuck on board or catching a disease. Moreover, I will have time to save some money to get the best deal available and yes, it will certainly be Princess. The best cruise liner in the world 🥰

2 hours ago, CJcruzer said:

I think what will be crucial to decision making regarding future travel - how travel insurance will  be worded.  How much or how  little will they cover, and the parameters of conditions, regarding COVID-19 risk.

Carol

1 hour ago, DFD1 said:

You're right. I'll have it whenever I leave the country....and cancellation insurance even for major travel in the US.

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

The risk for us is not being able to buy comprehensive travel medical insurance.  We need normal coverage so we don't get stuck paying American (or other countries')  hospital costs while traveling.  Right now, Covid-19 is obviously not covered, so, travel is really not possible. How will this work?

What interests me is what people on this thread will be doing for any travel insurance, medical, interruption, etc.

There are two ways the insurance companies can reduce their risks for pandemics.  

The first is wording that excludes coverage.

The second is a huge increase in costs.  

It not the first, then the second.

IOW, don't count on affordable travel insurance.

Not cruising in the next year. Awaiting the refund from our cruise that was supposed to take place this summer. Disappointed after two years of planning. With so much uncertainty, mask wearing and social distancing I am hesitant to move forward. The cruise money is instead going towards new blinds for the windows in our condo. I sorely do want to cruise again (done 13 of them so far and usually had one planned before taking off on the current one) but not in the manner given under what health authorities are proposing - that only tells me its too early and that I am better off finding some better use for my hard earned money. Once burn...twice shy as they say.

Remember when they told us we needed to isolate for two weeks to flatten the curve.......over two months ago!

Edited by Bramcruiser
Fear of the grammar and spelling police

6 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

We will resume cruising after this silly 'social distancing' and mask wearing is over with.

I'm not aware of an epidemiologist who regards social distancing and mask wearing as "silly."  Can you point to one?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

We will resume cruising after this silly 'social distancing' and mask wearing is over with.

That seems a rather cavalier attitude considering the amount of illness and death surrounding this virus.

• Like 2

We cancelled a big HAL trip from May. Have another in September to Canada that will cancel. Had three land trips cancelled so far this year. Not sure if a Fall land trip will take place or not, but it is possible to drive instead of fly as planned. We will see. 
The lack of Covid coverage with  travel insurance out of country is a big deal. Feeling safe is a big deal. I am afraid both of those pieces are a ways out from being resolved. I Worry that  cruise lines are in trouble and putting money out there might not be wise for future travel. We are thinking if we travel in 2021 it will be land or American river/harbors cruise. The likelihood for us is realistically not before 2022, but damn, I hope I am wrong. 

We currently have 3 cruises booked for next year, a 28 Day B2B (Hong Kong -> Tokyo) in February/March and a 16 day Canada/Greenland in August/September. Not really expecting to do the 28 Day B2B at this point, unless we get a vaccine or a good therapeutics for treatment. As we used FCDs for all the cruises we don't have a lot of $$$ out at this point, so not really worried about that. Have considerably more $$$ tied up with Princess awaiting a refund of the deposit for our cancelled August Greenland. 

Oh well, we will just have to wait and see what happens. The DW and I have decided that we will not be cruising until either there is an effective vaccine or good therapeutics for treatment. The risk is just too high. I'm not too keen on going on a cruise and having to wear a mask all the time. It makes we wonder how many folks will actually visit Disney/Universal starting in July and have to wear masks in the wonderful Florida Sunshine. It was in the high 80's here today and I pretty uncomfortable for the short time I was out at the local Lowe's getting some sprinkler stuff for repairs. I can't imagine a long day at parks with one on.