Cruise Critic Community
oskidunker

How do I pick a cabin?

With Princess a deck plan is displayed so you can pick a room. I went through to where you put your name and address in and I got no deck plan. Nov 1 , 2021 CNARY Islands. Looking an  an unobstructed  balcony on Victoria.

Posted (edited)

First of all, here's a link to the full deck plans for Queen Victoria in pdf format. The link to it disappeared from the Cunard US website some time ago.

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/inventory-assets/ships/QV/9/qv-deck-plans-2019.pdf

When going through the booking process on the Cunard website, you can see individual sections of the deck plans showing cabin availability for that specific section.

After selecting the category of cabin you want (Britannia Balcony, for example), Cunard will automatically pick a cabin for you which will be indicated in the "Your room" section of the "Your voyage summary" page. You should see a link there to "Change your room".

Once you've selected "Change your room", you'll be taken to a "Room selector" page where you can then choose a specific section (Aft, Mid-Aft, Mid, Mid-Forward, or Forward) and a specific deck. At that point, you should see the deck plan for that particular section and deck showing which cabins are available for your selected cabin category. For example, here is the portion of the deck plan I'm seeing during the booking process for your voyage (V126) when I request a Britannia Balcony cabin Forward on Deck 8.

152491238_VoyageV126BritanniaBalconyForwardDeck8.jpg.c1105f90d04810e927c546185a214643.jpg

One thing to be aware of is that the Cunard website will show a maximum of 10 available cabins for any particular section and deck. That's the case in this example. There may be other available cabins which you can check using the "Search for a specific room by number" function on the "Room selector" page.

Hope this helps. I'll be glad to try and help further if I can.

Edited by bluemarble

To follow up on my previous post, I see there is something funky going on with how the Cunard US website is displaying the QV deck plans during the booking process for some of the sections on deck 4. For example, here's what I'm seeing for the deck plan when I request a Britannia Balcony cabin in the Forward section of Deck 4 on QV.

2370515_VoyageV126BritanniaBalconyForwardDeck4.jpg.9aeb22ca276665da0110836ec508904e.jpg

This is pretty clearly a glitch with the Cunard US website, so don't be too perplexed if you run into something like this when you are trying to choose a cabin. As other regulars on this forum can attest, the Cunard websites are not exactly bug free.

On the UK site, deck plans are accessed under "The Experience" on the top banner on the main page, then "Our Ships".

Are cabins near the lifts to be avoided or is the noise minimal?

3 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

In my experience minimal.

4 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

We've had cabins near the lifts on several occasions and have had no issues with noise. The only noise issues like that we've had is with cabins directly across from crew access doors. Some slamming of doors in that case, although that usually doesn't happen during the nighttime, but can be disturbing for late sleepers in the morning.

No noise whatsoever from the lifts. They are in their own foyer.

We've had Q3's a few times and they are right beside the lifts and you cannot hear anything. 

21 hours ago, oskidunker said:

With Princess a deck plan is displayed so you can pick a room. I went through to where you put your name and address in and I got no deck plan. Nov 1 , 2021 CNARY Islands. Looking an  an unobstructed  balcony on Victoria.

Oskidunker,

The deck plans for the QV are available on the US Cunard web site which presently looks like this:

922923683_ScreenShot2020-05-25at11_19_12AM.thumb.png.02455035219cc65e824b2e245fdb9d49.png

From there scroll down about half way to you see the Queen Victoria:

1389762703_ScreenShot2020-05-25at11_18_07AM.thumb.png.df751f321c79d1e920be5f65bca26c60.png

Scroll down about 2/3's of the way and click on "Discover more":

508930384_ScreenShot2020-05-25at11_18_35AM.thumb.png.9a4b4ef4c19a540db583b1cb69c85c51.png

Select you deck level and then scroll do to see the deck plan:

133565491_ScreenShot2020-05-25at11_18_47AM.thumb.png.e3b59b45e2888d671924eebd6e86ba88.png

Hope this helps. We find the cabins to be very quiet. However, there appears to be some correlation between how quiet the cabin is in the morning and how much wine we have had the night before. 

Jack

Posted (edited)

The deck plans can indeed be viewed on the Cunard US website as Jack has indicated. One limitation with that however is there is no color key provided there to tell you what the specific cabin categories are for the cabins as shown on those deck plans.

The "Discover more" pages on the Cunard website for QE and QM2 provide links to download the deck plans in pdf format to solve that problem for those two ships. And the page for QV on the Cunard UK website provides a link to download the deck plans for QV there.

But for over a year now, the link to download the full QV deck plans in pdf format has been missing from the Cunard US website. That's one of my pet peeves with the US website and one which I have reported several times via the "Feedback" function, apparently to no avail. To address that issue, I provided the link to download the QV deck plans in my first post above.

Edited by bluemarble