"New" MSC Seashore YC pool.

KyleClark

ER ... The decks with cabins have the wrong numbers, as I said earlier some YC Insides of available cabins on a dummy booking show an RS and Deluxe cabin which means the actual deck plan cannot be Seashore.

5 hours ago, sidari said:

ER ... The decks with cabins have the wrong numbers, as I said earlier some YC Insides of available cabins on a dummy booking show an RS and Deluxe cabin which means the actual deck plan cannot be Seashore.

The deck plans shown for SEASHORE definitely differs from those shown for SEASIDE, so I feel they are for SEASHORE.  You can even see some of the reworked public areas.  For whatever reason the cabin numbers on the deck don’t match what has been loaded into the booking engine.  I don’t know if this is all cabin numbers or just some.  I haven’t investigated.  Most likely they renumbered certain or all cabin numbers since the deck plan was released on the website.  Hopefully they get that updated but being that it’s MSC it’s anyone’s guess when that will be done.  

Edited by eroller

Attached is Deck 16 for SEASHORE as shown on the US MSC Website.  It's the same as what is shown on the cruisemapper site.  Definitely not SEASIDE.  SEASIDE has only six inside YC cabins in a row on Deck 16.  SEASHORE has 8 as you can see here.  It's definitely SEASHORE.  No question there.  

Now what is loaded into the booking engine when you actually book a cruise may be incorrect, but the deck plans on the general website are correct for SEASHORE, at least on the US site.  

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.36.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.39.53 PM.png

Edited by eroller

12 hours ago, eroller said:

Attached is Deck 16 for SEASHORE as shown on the US MSC Website.  It's the same as what is shown on the cruisemapper site.  Definitely not SEASIDE.  SEASIDE has only six inside YC cabins in a row on Deck 16.  SEASHORE has 8 as you can see here.  It's definitely SEASHORE.  No question there.  

Now what is loaded into the booking engine when you actually book a cruise may be incorrect, but the deck plans on the general website are correct for SEASHORE, at least on the US site. 

And therein lies the problem.  I booked a sailing on March 5, 2022, and at the time (March 28th), the booking engine was showing the Seashore layout.  I wouldn't let me pick a cabin, though, so I ended up having to call MSC to get the particular cabin I wanted.  Now, I'm looking at doing a B2B and it is back to the Seaside deckplan on the site. Back ot the phones with Customer Service, who's hands are tied by an IT department that makes Customer Service an oxymoron.

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

And therein lies the problem.  I booked a sailing on March 5, 2022, and at the time (March 28th), the booking engine was showing the Seashore layout.  I wouldn't let me pick a cabin, though, so I ended up having to call MSC to get the particular cabin I wanted.  Now, I'm looking at doing a B2B and it is back to the Seaside deckplan on the site. Back ot the phones with Customer Service, who's hands are tied by an IT department that makes Customer Service an oxymoron.

That is a big problem for sure.  It's more important that the deck plan is correct on the booking engine than the general website.  Most people of course are going to reference the deck plan that shows on the booking engine when selecting a cabin, as that is what populates.  And no wonder the cabin numbers are not matching.  Obviously MSC has the correct deck plan for SEASHORE since it's posted on their general website.  Why they have not loaded it into the booking engine is beyond me ... but again this is MSC so I'm not surprised!  Now with fewer people working in the office due to furloughs and layoffs you have to wonder when things like this will get corrected.  

Edited by eroller

7 hours ago, JAGR said:

Back ot the phones with Customer Service, who's hands are tied by an IT department that makes Customer Service an oxymoron.

Just a friendly suggestion to help reduce your frustration, perhaps:  why are you not utilizing the services of a travel agent?  Let that person deal with Customer Service.  It's not going to cost you any more.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Just a friendly suggestion to help reduce your frustration, perhaps:  why are you not utilizing the services of a travel agent?  Let that person deal with Customer Service.  It's not going to cost you any more.

Understand, but most agents don't like dealing with this much, either, and, by nature, I am one who likes to find my trip and then transfer to the agent.  Creature of habit and experience, at least in my part of Ohio

Thanks

On 5/28/2020 at 9:03 AM, JAGR said:

...and it is back to the Seaside deckplan on the site.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, eroller said:

It's more important that the deck plan is correct on the booking engine than the general website.  Most people of course are going to reference the deck plan that shows on the booking engine when selecting a cabin, as that is what populates.

I can confirm (found out the hard way) that the deck-plan shown when booking SeaSHORE is still SeaSIDE.

The good news is that the stateroom numbers match the correct category. For example, If you want the Royal Suite (16037 on Seaside, 16043 on Seashore), you can select 16043 BUT DON'T click "see your stateroom on a plan" because you will see the wrong thing. If you try to be sneaky and book a Deluxe Suite (16043 on Seaside deck plan), you won't get the magic free upgrade to the Royal Suite.

I'm willing to bet that if I call MSC and ask for "Deluxe Suite 16043" on Seashore, the phone rep will see 16043 as a Deluxe Suite and give it to me for Deluxe Suite price.. :classic_tongue: (it's worth a shot)

7 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I can confirm (found out the hard way) that the deck-plan shown when booking SeaSHORE is still SeaSIDE.

The good news is that the stateroom numbers match the correct category. For example, If you want the Royal Suite (16037 on Seaside, 16043 on Seashore), you can select 16043 BUT DON'T click "see your stateroom on a plan" because you will see the wrong thing. If you try to be sneaky and book a Deluxe Suite (16043 on Seaside deck plan), you won't get the magic free upgrade to the Royal Suite.

I'm willing to bet that if I call MSC and ask for "Deluxe Suite 16043" on Seashore, the phone rep will see 16043 as a Deluxe Suite and give it to me for Deluxe Suite price.. :classic_tongue: (it's worth a shot)

Yes MSC has loaded the wrong deck plan into the booking engine. 

For the correct deck plan for SEASHORE, you have to go to the general MSC website and look at the ship information.  

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/ships/msc-seashore

If you're looking at the deck plan for 16 and see YC inside handicap cabin 16039, that is the Seaside deck plan. That's the cabin I had on out Sept.19th cruise that I just cancelled. Cabin 16045 HDCP is the Seashore.

1 hour ago, hairychick said:

If you're looking at the deck plan for 16 and see YC inside handicap cabin 16039, that is the Seaside deck plan. That's the cabin I had on out Sept.19th cruise that I just cancelled. Cabin 16045 HDCP is the Seashore.

16045 is what is shown on the SEASHORE deck plan on the link I provided.  The deck plan is correct on the general website, but not on the booking engine.  

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 2.59.53 PM.png

• 8 months later...
On 3/3/2021 at 10:07 PM, mmbcater said:

Just found a MSC Seashore Technical "DRAFT". Not responsible for alterations!! Thats totally up to MSC 😂

SEASHORE_2020_techsheet_draft.pdf 2.61 MB · 17 downloads

I haven't compared the two to see if there are differences, but here is another tech sheet draft I posted in January. I encourage folks to see if they are the same or if Seashore is a work in progress. 🙂

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2769050-seashoredeck-20/?tab=comments#comment-60678462

@mmbcater Thanks for bringing this subject up again! Lots of questions beginning to circulate about the Seashore.

Bret