I’m getting dolled up for this cruise!

RPB123

So my Mexican riviera cruise is still just over 300 days out, but that isn’t stopping me from planning. Especially with everything going on right now, this cruise gives me a lot to look forward to. 

I will be going with one of my good friends and this will be a fun and relaxing vacation. That said, we both are into clothes and fashion and welcome any opportunity to wear a cocktail dress. We’re also both single 😉

Here’s what I have planned for dinnertime attire for the 7 day cruise. I believe there are two elegant nights (Carnival Panorama). I will be going with casual-ish accessories for the non-elegant nights but will probably add a fun wrap or light blazer as I tend to get cold. Much of this was just ordered (Dillard’s has a pretty good sale going on currently) and so who knows what will fit and be kept. This is all a bit of a departure from my usual black that I wear to work and I’m thrilled. 

4F945D06-5C6B-47FC-B522-06D1653A57C3.jpeg

• Like 2

Good morning, I am not a dress gal but must say, I love the colors.  I hope your upcoming cruise sails smoothly. 

Have no clue what the "the new normal" on a cruise ship will be like............hopefully all will go well.

Nice dresses!  I especially like the first two, with interesting necklines.  I love wearing dresses on cruises.

I like the jumpsuit, too.  I recently bought a daytime one similar to it, for my April cruise that didn't happen.  

• 2 weeks later...

So all the dresses I order have arrived. I’m in LOVE with the floral print/one shoulder dress. It reminds me of a late 80’s or early 90’s dress and I feel so glamorous in it! The only one that’s not a perfect fit is the red one and so I don’t think I will end up taking with me on this cruise. I need to have the top altered, but I think I’m still going to keep it as it was under $100 and would be perfect for a dressy holiday event. 

Since this is a fun spring break cruise I decided to look for another brightly colored cocktail dress and I ordered this pink off the shoulder number for the 2nd elegant night of my cruise. I hope it fits as now it’s sold out. 

I’ve been on an online shopping spree lately, so many sales and markdowns at Dillard’s and Nordstrom. Now I’m looking for shoes and  accessories. 

9917EC3C-0B8F-484B-BD4E-07B89ED3A2B3.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Try to limit yourself to one pair of very comfortable dressy shoes...it’s hard. I do one dressy pair & one dressy flat for all evenings 

That would certainly be the prudent thing to do, but I don’t think it’s likely to happen, lol. I will probably need three pairs of dressier shoes for dinner and then at least two casual pairs for daytime wear. The one good thing is that the dressy heels I’ll likely be bringing are strappy heeled sandals and won’t take up much space in my luggage. I can’t do flats with cocktail dresses,  it just wouldn’t look right. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 10:32 AM, awhfy said:

Try to limit yourself to one pair of very comfortable dressy shoes...it’s hard. I do one dressy pair & one dressy flat for all evenings 

On 6/7/2020 at 1:37 PM, RPB123 said:

That would certainly be the prudent thing to do, but I don’t think it’s likely to happen, lol. I will probably need three pairs of dressier shoes for dinner

Your dresses are all bright colors, so a single pair nude color heels/wedges work with all of them.  If you really wanted to, you could dress up a couple of them with a pair silver or gold glitzy heels for the fancier nights but still wear a single pair of nude heeled sandals the other nights.  That at least keeps it to two pair. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been telling myself that I won't buy any cruise things til I know I have a cruise coming up.  But, yesterday, browsing, I found and bought two dresses:  a multi-color cocktail dress, and a pink and green print sundress.  Ladies Day and Senior discounts, so how could I not?  Sigh....

On 7/2/2020 at 3:58 PM, shipgeeks said:

I've been telling myself that I won't buy any cruise things til I know I have a cruise coming up.  But, yesterday, browsing, I found and bought two dresses:  a multi-color cocktail dress, and a pink and green print sundress.  Ladies Day and Senior discounts, so how could I not?  Sigh....

I don't remember how close to Pittsburgh you are, but maybe Gateway Clipper cruises are happening?

Gateway Clipper, what a good idea!  My favorite summertime cruise substitute.

I just checked their website.  They are scheduled to begin tomorrow.  It's not clear what the spacing requirements, etc. will be, but I am putting this on my wish list.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
So all the dresses I order have arrived. I’m in LOVE with the floral print/one shoulder dress. It reminds me of a late 80’s or early 90’s dress and I feel so glamorous in it! The only one that’s not a perfect fit is the red one and so I don’t think I will end up taking with me on this cruise. I need to have the top altered, but I think I’m still going to keep it as it was under $100 and would be perfect for a dressy holiday event. 

Since this is a fun spring break cruise I decided to look for another brightly colored cocktail dress and I ordered this pink off the shoulder number for the 2nd elegant night of my cruise. I hope it fits as now it’s sold out. 

I’ve been on an online shopping spree lately, so many sales and markdowns at Dillard’s and Nordstrom. Now I’m looking for shoes and  accessories. 
9917EC3C-0B8F-484B-BD4E-07B89ED3A2B3.thumb.jpeg.a3aedde7c5a4d3fd55de2d652984f4d4.jpeg

Ugh, all they have left are 6’s[emoji35]. That pink number is so pretty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums