FCC??

13 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We just did it under L&S.  $700 applied to Allure last year for Nov 2020 TA.  Did the L&S to Harmony Oct, 2021 and all credits and OBC carried over.  

Our FCC was applied to our next booked cruise. I want to L&S that cruise but not waste the FCC so I want to take it from that cruise, so it's not wasted, and apply it to the next cruise that we have booked. I have called 4 times and get a different answer each time.

4 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Our FCC was applied to our next booked cruise. I want to L&S that cruise but not waste the FCC so I want to take it from that cruise, so it's not wasted, and apply it to the next cruise that we have booked. I have called 4 times and get a different answer each time.

Yes it can

Edited by Ourusualbeach

i was told once I use a FCC, I cannot move from that cruise.  Once it is put into place on a cruise, I'm dedicated to that cruise.  I cannot move it without losing it.  Example: If I choose to cruise in Oct 2021, then decide to change, I'm not allowed.  Incorrect information?  Would I possibly lose any deposit I had put down if it was a NRD?  No RCL special program such as Lift and Shift would be in use.

TIA for input.

15 minutes ago, squale2 said:

If I told my TA to apply my FCC to my booking and found that due to Royal Caribbeans rules it did not use much of it - can I request a refund instead even if she applied it?

Only if the fcc was from a cruise rcl cancelled

I believe even if cruise cancelled any FCC will be returned as FCC.

From their website about cannceled cruises:

If you used a Future Cruise Certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate. This will be for 125% of any new monetary funds paid on this sailing, plus the reactivated value of your original certificate at 100% of its worth, with an expiration date of December 31st, 2021 and a sail by date of April 30th, 2022.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Only if the fcc was from a cruise rcl cancelled

Yes, it was fcc from a cruise rcl cancelled. TA says that they don't think that I can submit the request for a full refund if the FCC was applied to another cruise.  I had to apply it to another cruise just to see how much of it would be used.  

Just trying to figure out if I still have the refund option 

This is what I'm going by, where it says you can request a refund even if you received the fcc and they will deactivate the fcc

, if you prefer a full refund, which is a lower value of the offer above, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have until the end of this year – December 31, 2020 – to request a refund and deactivate your certificate. 

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit. 
    • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you. 
  • We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits. 
  • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your request. 
  • Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

54 minutes ago, squale2 said:

Yes, it was fcc from a cruise rcl cancelled. TA says that they don't think that I can submit the request for a full refund if the FCC was applied to another cruise.  I had to apply it to another cruise just to see how much of it would be used.  

Just trying to figure out if I still have the refund option 

You will have to call and ask. 

I tried again today and they will not transfer my deposit to a cruise on another itinerary and ship in 2021. They said I would have to wait 30 business days to get the FCC.  I will have to wait until then to book, hopefully the one they canceled for  lack of deposit will still be there 6 weeks from now. They said pay the whole deposit of 900.00 and then put the additional 400.00 on when I get the FCC. No way will I put even more money down. I was on phone for 2 hours yesterday and 3 hours today, and Hawaii.gov says no cruises until second half of 2021, so I am  screwed anyway.

Edited by sugcarol
more info

I received one email today with one of my fcc and it has expiration date of may 28 2021.  I thought they were good thru at least december 2021.  This is a fcc for one of the europe cruises I cancelled 2 weeks ago for baltic cruise this august.  Is this right?

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I received one email today with one of my fcc and it has expiration date of may 28 2021.  I thought they were good thru at least december 2021.  This is a fcc for one of the europe cruises I cancelled 2 weeks ago for baltic cruise this august.  Is this right?

Doesn’t sound right to me. This is from the CWC.  

Previously announced on March 6, 2020, the flexibility to cancel up to 48-hours prior to sail date in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit will continue, though the eligible sailing window has been extended to now include all sailings through April 2022 (all open deployment as of May 6, 2020)

Similar issue to others, it seems.  I was originally booked on the August 7 sailing of Ovation to Alaska.  Couldn't commit to final payment, so opted for FCC of the deposit I paid.  Got my "future cruise credit" certificates via email today, but only for 4 of the 5 passengers booked.  What's more confusing is that the certificates expire May 28, 2021.  I don't even understand the significance of that date - these were for the August 7, 2020 sailing.  My understanding is that the FCC was at least valid thru 2021 - definitely not only 9 months from the original sailing.  Anyone know?

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Doesn’t sound right to me. This is from the CWC.  

Previously announced on March 6, 2020, the flexibility to cancel up to 48-hours prior to sail date in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit will continue, though the eligible sailing window has been extended to now include all sailings through April 2022 (all open deployment as of May 6, 2020)

We just received 2 more fccs this morning so now all 4 of them have expiration date of may 28 2021.

2 were for a cruise to depart on august 8th out of copenhagen for baltic.  We were doing a b2b with 2nd leg sailing on august 18th.  I cancelled both of these cruises on final payment due date of may 10th and may 18th.

So our fccs are for our NRD of $250 pp per cruise.

No idea where this may date came from either.  Very strange.  Definitely calling them this weekend.  Will let you know.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We just received 2 more fccs this morning so now all 4 of them have expiration date of may 28 2021.

2 were for a cruise to depart on august 8th out of copenhagen for baltic.  We were doing a b2b with 2nd leg sailing on august 18th.  I cancelled both of these cruises on final payment due date of may 10th and may 18th.

So our fccs are for our NRD of $250 pp per cruise.

No idea where this may date came from either.  Very strange.  Definitely calling them this weekend.  Will let you know.

Thanks.  Definitely would like to hear the reasoning on the date. 

I also received my FCC today and it has the 28 May 2021 expiration date. It clearly states on the email that the cruise must be taken by the expiration date. I had planned to take a cruise in July. I guess I'll trying calling RCCL.