Over 70 Fit to Sail letter still showing required ?

48traveler

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It was put to rest. As I said above it comes and goes. IT malfunction

I'm sure cruiselines know most seniors wouldnt cruise with them again. I'd find another way to vacation. Seniors are their bread and butter who doesnt have to worry about 2 week vacation time, can do 5 to 10 cruises a year they would lose.

Imagine having this hanging over your head to get it signed within a week before you cruise. I wouldn't book and either would most seniors. Carnival knows they would lose a large part of their cruisers. So do other lines. No doctor would sign and take on the liability. 

I do expect to sign my life away liability wise on a new health form when I board, releasing carnival too.

Yes it's not in faqs anywhere. I've looked.

Sorry I got mad. Being told it would be easy to get a doctor to sign off  set me off,, but I shouldnt have reacted. Sorry. Good night.

This is an answer to my email to Carnival

Thank you for your email.

In reference to your email, we anticipate several new operating procedures and protocols when we return to service.  Decisions about underlying health conditions will be made in consultation with the CDC closer to sailing.  If you believe your personal health might impact your ability to cruise, you can choose to cancel and receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the non-refundable cancellation fees. All other requests for sailings beyond 9/3 with the exception of Alaska and ships mentioned for Miami, Port Canaveral, and Galveston) will need to be deferred until we have made a definitive decision and we are closer to your departure.

Guest Access Support
Carnival Cruise Line

8 hours ago, 48traveler said:

This is an answer to my email to Carnival

Thank you for your email.

In reference to your email, we anticipate several new operating procedures and protocols when we return to service.  Decisions about underlying health conditions will be made in consultation with the CDC closer to sailing.  If you believe your personal health might impact your ability to cruise, you can choose to cancel and receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the non-refundable cancellation fees. All other requests for sailings beyond 9/3 with the exception of Alaska and ships mentioned for Miami, Port Canaveral, and Galveston) will need to be deferred until we have made a definitive decision and we are closer to your departure.

Guest Access Support
Carnival Cruise Line

I think this is the time to wait for people over 70+ or health issues, Try a AI in Mexico, Jamaica or the DR for the time being...until this all gets worked out.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

I think this is the time to wait for people over 70+ or health issues, Try a AI in Mexico, Jamaica or the DR for the time being...until this all gets worked out.....

Wow,  not in that age or anywhere near it but don't see how that would be any different. Plus cruising never turned out be as bad as the hype was, for spreading the virus. Take out the ships that were blocked from docking by various countries, the amount of cases and deaths was exremely low especially when you factor the amount of people that were cruising over that time period.

13 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Already done all that  Grew tired of airport security waiting lines, etc.

I agree if these letters are such a good idea then anyone that works with the public in the last 6 months better have it. They are more of a threat. We aren’t in our 70’s but my hubby has diabetes. It’s  managed fine but what doctor is going to sign a letter taking that responsibility.

Edited by footballbabe3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 48traveler said:

Already done all that  Grew tired of airport security waiting lines, etc.

sure, no lines on cruise ships. I have never waited in TSA for as long as debarkation takes

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:58 PM, firefly333 said:

Of course you would not see difficulty, you arent affected. Not that it's your business but it's been a while since I saw a doctor, my last 2 gp quit. So I don't have a doctor who knows me or has any of my history. Now the virus hit. I was going to try and go but now waiting for gp office to get better and many dont take new patients. The emergency places, took my dad to 2 and said they dont take anyone with medicare, evidently medicare doesnt pay well. .. now add in doing it within 7 days of your cruise. No bother, easy peasy. No wonder they call your age the me me me generation.

I'm well aware older generation has more risk, duh again. My parents are 94 and 101 and scared to death. Anyone who says over should have to have a letter obviously isnt affected, let the other guy do it, not me me me. 

I hear your generation mostly gets their news from headlines, they rarely take the time to read to the 3rd and 4th paragraph of news.

Telling me I'm more at risk isnt exactly news. If im willing to sign something releasing carnival from harm, let it be my choice not you. Good for you a rn. I'm also very well educated and let it be my choice. I havent been anywhere in over 2 months except food and meds. For me and my elderly parents, wear my mask and take precautions... I will be careful on the cruise. 

I've even googled trying to volunteer for vaccine trials. Doing what I can to get vaccine as soon as i can be safe. I knew when you posted you had to be young.

PS most people my age say no way would their doctor sign such a letter, but of course you dont get that either. I'm willing to sign a release to carnival. 

I just worked a Double so forgive my late response. 

I meant no offence I just see this as Carnival trying to protect themselves and I asked a couple doctors that I work with at the hospital in which I work at and some said they would produce such a letter and others not so much so I do see where it could be a problem. Why is this a my generation thing? It isn't and I get my news from multiple sources because if you take each source with a grain of salt and come to the middle you will probably find the truth. Also this has nothing to do with my generation at all just simply my view point and that of carnivals trying to protect themselves this isn't about me it is about the Elderly such as yourself and Carnival. You are also assuming an awful lot you don't know anything about me or what my own medical issues could or could not be. 

1 minute ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I just worked a Double so forgive my late response. 

I meant no offence I just see this as Carnival trying to protect themselves and I asked a couple doctors that I work with at the hospital in which I work at and some said they would produce such a letter and others not so much so I do see where it could be a problem. Why is this a my generation thing? It isn't and I get my news from multiple sources because if you take each source with a grain of salt and come to the middle you will probably find the truth. Also this has nothing to do with my generation at all just simply my view point and that of carnivals trying to protect themselves this isn't about me it is about the Elderly such as yourself and Carnival. You are also assuming an awful lot you don't know anything about me or what my own medical issues could or could not be. 

As far as your medical, I said younger people have medical issues but dont require a letter, so yes to me it is about age.

If you weren't so young you would get how it would mean most seniors simply would not book this line. Imagine having it hanging over you and worrying about getting it signed last minute in the last 7 days before you boarded. Many doctors here are co opt and not that easy to get into and see any particular week, what if mine went on vacation the week it had to signed. No senior would book, or very few.

I wouldn't and have it worrying me to get it signed within 7 days of boarding. I was booked jan 2nd. Imagine having to get into a doctor during that holiday weekend. I probably never book again on the cruiseline who did that to me. It is about age, and it not affecting you so you don't see what a issue it would be. You cant know every state, or me finding a doctor who doesnt know my history well signing a letter here.  Like I said currently I'm without a gp, needing one but none currently have any records, he would have to sign not knowing my history. .. except what i tell him. If this virus gets us back to more normal I will get a new gp. 

• Like 2