Celebrity Cruises Favorite food.

josephml1

12 hours ago, sonnycruises said:

My fave is the lamb burger in Luminea. My wife's favorite is surf and surf (lobster and scallops). For dessert she has Grand Marnier Souffle while mine is apple pie ala mode.

You are right about the lamb burger.  Add mint sauce to the burger and wow!

2 hours ago, barko4441 said:

It's served in Luminae. It's a good desert but not as decadent as I had expected or hoped for.  I used to love the vianese cake on the main dining room menu.  It was fantastic. 

I do love good chocolate 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, begood2me said:

One was Lamb Biryani as the chef was from Hyderabad, India.  Wow.  The second was jerked chicken from a Jamaican chef.

Reminds me of a time I was seated next to an Indian couple who ordered Indian no meat as they were vegan and the man shared his meal with me which included spicy papadums and biryani rice. The entire meal was so delicious I had to get it on another cruise.  Some of those Indian chefs are fabulous cooks.

8 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Reminds me of a time I was seated next to an Indian couple who ordered Indian no meat as they were vegan and the man shared his meal with me which included spicy papadums and biryani rice. The entire meal was so delicious I had to get it on another cruise.  Some of those Indian chefs are fabulous cooks.

Absolutely! Someday we will get back to cruising so we can all enjoy the pampering at sea and getting our favorite meals.  There is something for everyone.  

• Like 1

My husband and I rarely eat in the MDR or at the buffet, but even so, my favorite meal(s) are all of them!  The reason being?  I don't have to prep, cook or clean up after the meal!  Can't wait to get back on the high seas!  Be well and safe everyone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Nobody has mentioned yet the flaming chocolate sphere.

4 hours ago, begood2me said:

It's served in Luminae. It's a good desert but not as decadent as I had expected or hoped for.   

I do love good chocolate 🙂

They served a chocolate sphere in Eden on Edge made with white chocolate.  Wonderful!   😋

Edited by Texed
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Some of those Indian chefs are fabulous cooks.

Every day in the OVC they offer absolutely delicious Indian food. 

My favorite lunch is the butter chicken , basmati rice, and papadum .

Escargot

Chateaubriand (from Murano)

Filet Mignon (Lawn Club)

Omelette from the buffet - because they are hand crafted, and taste better on a cruise ship!

What a fun post...thank you! 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bikerunner said:

The classism definition makes me laugh.  But back to the subject at hand.  I have always found really good to great food onboard. I have not been to luminaire since I have no need to pay for a suite so I guess since I can’t get in there I’m part of the subject of classism to funny, Room is to sleep in n store clothes but that’s my opinion I know many enjoy the little extras.  I know food well, went to culinary institute in ny and worked and ran hotels n restaurants for 25ish years.  I like the main dining room and only once in all my cruises can I think of I didn’t enjoy it.  Was mainly because of family that was traveling with us at that time.  I enjoy the escargot and many of the other dishes on board. The only thing I truly did not like was last year on reflection on thanksgiving they made a terrible stuffing. It was just bad.  LCG is one of my favs just because it’s food done simple n well.   I always find great things in buffet n like the rotating themes there.  

Yeah, they don't always make food like grandma did! LOL

I remember my first cruise in 1996 and they had "biscuits & gravy" at the Windjammer on the Monarch of the Seas. The biscuits were flat and the gravy was brown beef gravy....

T

after eight mint chocolate chip ice cream used to be outstanding but it's lost something the last few years.  That was always a must get and something to hope for the next day in oceanview.  

13 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Yeah, they don't always make food like grandma did! LOL

I remember my first cruise in 1996 and they had "biscuits & gravy" at the Windjammer on the Monarch of the Seas. The biscuits were flat and the gravy was brown beef gravy....

T

I have had many excellent dishes on Celebrity, in the MDR as well as specialty restaurants, but I have to admit when I saw this thread, the first thing I thought of was the worst food I had on Celebrity - the meat loaf in Blu. We were toward the end of a transatlantic, and I should have said lets go to OVC and just have a salad, but dinner is our most looked forward to evening entertainment, so there we were and I tried the meat loaf - just say no to the meat loaf and have a different wonderful choice.

The Indian food is great - if you like it or want to try something beyond the OVC offerings, they do an Indian multi-course dinner one evening in Sushi on Five. This was on Reflection, but I think they have done it on other ships as well.

Favs I haven't seen mentioned are the lavash crackers at dinner, the bouillebaisse in Le Petit Chef and the pizza on Edge.

15 hours ago, Texed said:

They served a chocolate sphere in Eden on Edge made with white chocolate.  Wonderful!   😋

I've only seen it in Luminae.  There are videos of it on YouTube.

Breakfast treat for me, toasted sesame seed bagel, cream cheese, pickled herring, red onion, capers and a squeeze of fresh lemon😋

Rum & raisin gelato..2 scoops!

Fresh baked bread on the table, always try and resist fail.

FG😄

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I've only seen it in Luminae.  There are videos of it on YouTube.

We had a great dinner in Eden.  And, the white chocolate sphere was a great added touch.  😋

Just now, Texed said:

We had a great dinner in Eden.  And, the white chocolate sphere was a great added touch.  😋

We did not dine in Eden when we were on Edge.  The cruise was too short to try everything we wanted to do.  Hoping next time comes soon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, josephml1 said:

Ok, lets keep the thinks going.

I love the Grand Marnier Souffle

also a Dirty Martini with extra olives.  Its a good appetizer. 🙂

My new favorite is the Aperol Spritzer.  Sometimes I'll substitute with Campari both equally good. 🍸

• Like 1

The first thing that came to mind was the white chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies. I'm not a big sweet lover (just a big guy), but I loved them. They were very hard to find though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

The chocolate tart in el Baccio - it's like eating decadent fudge Mom used to make!  Not too sweet, either!

I love the chocolate tart also as well as the eclairs just wish it had real cream inside but I know that's asking too much. I'll sometimes bring them to my cabin to enjoy with a drink on the balcony. 

• Like 1