Celebrity Cruises Favorite food.

josephml1

7 hours ago, Xport said:

Lawn Club Grill--a specialty restaurant on Silhouette and Reflection--offers an oversized freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, served with ice cream, as an offering on the dessert menu...

One of the best and simple deserts out there.  Hot baked cookie in a small baking dish with fresh vanilla ice cream, high fat content, melting on top.  So good and simple   Nothing fancy at all but simple.  

On 6/9/2020 at 9:21 AM, drakes2 said:

I've also found the desserts are not up to the same standards of days gone by. I used to love their New York cheesecake but now only order it from cafe al Bacio.

Celebrity's desserts are still far better than what we get on NCL.  Royal Caribbean's are about the same as Celebrity's.

While Celebrity's desserts are not as good (like the Crepe Suzette) as years ago, they are still fairly good.  

8 hours ago, Xport said:

Lawn Club Grill--a specialty restaurant on Silhouette and Reflection--offers an oversized freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, served with ice cream, as an offering on the dessert menu...

OMG yummy!  I remember these and agree with you!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, lyndarra said:

There is so much good food on offer but the dish that consistently comes to mind for me is Beef Wellington, always great.

I love beef Wellington but it always seems to be served on the same night as Lobster night.  Solution: Order both and skip the apps. 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I love beef Wellington but it always seems to be served on the same night as Lobster night.  Solution: Order both and skip the apps. 

I have noticed that also. Oh, decisions, decisions.😁

Not a problem for me. I'm not that much into seafood and I could get great local lobster at home if I desired. However, the only time I find Beef Wellington on a menu is when cruising so that makes it a bit special.

• 2 months later...

My favorite? ALL the meals, snacks, desserts, and drinks I didn’t have to make & do the dishes for! 

So hard to choose just a few to callout as shiny stars - but a few do come to mind. 😀

Escargot from MD,  Branzino from Murano, Almond croissants from Al Bacio, Rose sorbet from the ice cream station and an ice cold Lemon drop martini from the MB.  

Counting down until we can sail again! 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:00 PM, drakes2 said:

They used to have the Beef Wellington in the Midnight Grand Buffet but of course that is gone.  Also, they had in Crepes on Five a Grand Marnier crepe that was really good but that of course is now Bait on Five.   Now you still get the Grand Marnier soufflé' in Murano, my favorite desert on Celebrity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cappuccino and almond croissants from Cafe al Bacio, especially when my husband goes to get them and brings them back to our cabin. Creme brûlée. Peanut butter ice cream. Cold soups. Warm goat cheese appetizer. Smoked salmon plate at the Elite breakfast. Grand Marnier soufflé in Murano.  Now I’m hungry!

On 9/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, dkjretired said:

They used to have the Beef Wellington in the Midnight Grand Buffet but of course that is gone.  Also, they had in Crepes on Five a Grand Marnier crepe that was really good but that of course is now Bait on Five.   Now you still get the Grand Marnier soufflé' in Murano, my favorite desert on Celebrity. 

“Bait on 5”... very funny!

The Crepe Ballon Rouge is my favorite in Murano. 😋