Refund denied?

2 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

Susie, that wasn't meant to be a response to you. I respect your opinion. The cheerleaders where Regent can't do anything less than perfect is what irks me.

If you believe that cheerleaders believe that Regent can do no wrong, you may not be reading our posts (I am definitely not the only Regent cheerleader on this board).  I just posted that customer service agents that are rude should be fired.  I could also do a rant about included excursions (but this is not the place for that discussion).  I believe that Regent is doing the best that they can under the circumstances!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's that little "thing" again. Why in the world do people have to seemingly justify why they would like their $$$ back? It' nobody's business what they can or should be able to afford. Also. everyone is sick of hearing about the poor. overworked Regent employees. They should be glad that they still have a job and their company should be pumping some back up resources into this situation. There is no point in deflecting to what other cruise lines are doing because this is the Regent forum.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fizzy said:

There is no point in deflecting to what other cruise lines are doing because this is the Regent forum.

I was not saying that the even worse failings of another luxury line justify Regent doing a poor job of handling refunds.  I was just pointing out that, at least so far, Regent is meeting the standard that they set for themselves and that at least one other line is not. 

Comparisons are valid and useful for helping people decide what line to book in the future.  Normally we see threads comparing the onboard experience, but at the moment we don't have that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fizzy said:

There's that little "thing" again. Why in the world do people have to seemingly justify why they would like their $$$ back? It' nobody's business what they can or should be able to afford. Also. everyone is sick of hearing about the poor. overworked Regent employees. They should be glad that they still have a job and their company should be pumping some back up resources into this situation. There is no point in deflecting to what other cruise lines are doing because this is the Regent forum.

Believe you're right, it's what is happening right now.  What Regent is doing, and what you expect in real time, anything else doesn't matter.

I’ve had to cancel a veritable cornucopia of cruises on other cruise lines. My Celebrity refund came in two weeks. The one from Royal Caribbean took about three, but Regent’s parent company Norwegian won the sweepstakes and returned my almost fully paid deposit for a suite on a Dubai to Capetown cruise in 6 days. And that was about two weeks ago.

Sure, we all know only too well that times are tough, that we’re all going through this, that everyone is human, that inexperienced personnel might have been shifted into customer service positions, that we have to be understanding, etc, etc, etc. Sure, there are a ton of possible excuses. I’ve read them all here. But so what.

For a cruise line that aspires to be the gold standard in the cruising world, and arguably comes pretty close, a delay this long in refunding customers’ hard earned money is pretty much inexcusable. I’m not a frequent Regent cruiser, but for those who are, it’s a black mark I wouldn’t soon forget.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I was not saying that the even worse failings of another luxury line justify Regent doing a poor job of handling refunds.  I was just pointing out that, at least so far, Regent is meeting the standard that they set for themselves and that at least one other line is not. 

Comparisons are valid and useful for helping people decide what line to book in the future.  Normally we see threads comparing the onboard experience, but at the moment we don't have that.

SusieQft..... I am sorry I came off that way. Of course comparisons can be valid but  I was trying to get ahead of the expected Regent defense line by attempting to keep my comment specific and didn't do a good job of it.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, katykrol said:

thanks to all who have supported me. Life shouldn’t be this hard. 

Katykrol, I was very unhappy to hear about your experience with Regent customer service.  This thread sort of got derailed by other issues, but I am still concerned about you and your situation, and I am sure that others are as well.  We are hoping that you can reach a satisfactory resolution of your refund request.  Have you made any progress, or do you have any other news since your last post?

Karen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I got my full refund  only after a dispute with my credit card company. A month ago my CC statement showed a new charge from Regent.  It's says "REBILL  from Regent for nearly $1,000! Today I see a credit from Regent for  $329?

The charge and credit makes zero sense. No email, no explanation of any kind for either. 

Please check your credit card statements everyone. The Regent folks are getting creepy now. Yes, I will dispute this new charge as well immediately.

51 minutes ago, btreklaw said:

I got my full refund  only after a dispute with my credit card company. A month ago my CC statement showed a new charge from Regent.  It's says "REBILL  from Regent for nearly $1,000! Today I see a credit from Regent for  $329?

The charge and credit makes zero sense. No email, no explanation of any kind for either. 

Please check your credit card statements everyone. The Regent folks are getting creepy now. Yes, I will dispute this new charge as well immediately.

Call Regent - it is entirely possible that this is legit. There are scenarios that would cause this and you should speak to them directly and back it up with an email. Perhaps the direct communication would help solve the current difficulty.

Got my money credited back to my credit card on 6/18 for Sept 22 Oceania cruise which I cancelled on 6/15.  Only 3 days.  Very impressive. 

Still waiting on Regent and it has been 2 months since they cancelled.

6 minutes ago, RachelG said:

Got my money credited back to my credit card on 6/18 for Sept 22 Oceania cruise which I cancelled on 6/15.  Only 3 days.  Very impressive. 

Still waiting on Regent and it has been 2 months since they cancelled.

When YOU cancel, the software process the refund.

When the CRUISE LINE cancels, it has to be done manually....twice.

Exactly the same process for all 3 NCLH lines...they are actually being processed by the same people based on date of cruise (the cancellations).

3 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

When YOU cancel, the software process the refund.

When the CRUISE LINE cancels, it has to be done manually....twice.

Exactly the same process for all 3 NCLH lines...they are actually being processed by the same people based on date of cruise (the cancellations).

AHA, well that makes sense on why I got it so quickly.  Not complaining, just surprised.

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my refund last week. I need to add it all up because it came in bits and pieces to make sure it was all there. I have no idea if my dispute helped move it along or what the deal was.  But I did get my money back. Thanks for all the support here. Much appreciated 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

Wonder why it took me over 2 months when I cancelled.

Not a clue...but the data is holding true for everyone else.

Maybe you cancelled at the last minute after making full payment and they processed it like it was their cancellation?

I actually cancelled it the day before my friend did the same and he got his back within 3 days. Same cruise, same TA. It was weeks before final payment was due. Regent couldn’t explAin why either. I did eventually get my refund so all’s well that ends well. 

On 6/28/2020 at 7:16 PM, katykrol said:

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my refund last week. I need to add it all up because it came in bits and pieces to make sure it was all there. I have no idea if my dispute helped move it along or what the deal was.  But I did get my money back. Thanks for all the support here. Much appreciated 

Yes add it up, like I said I thought I got my refund--however a few weeks later we got another refund.  I didn't count at the time, but Regent did and send the balance due later.

Just read this on the Regent Facebook page.  I wasn't sure where to post it but decided on one of the "too many" refund threads would work.  

:posts on supplier groups and closed TA Facebook groups. The posts are painful to read, but here on this page, it pains me the most. I not only sail Regent with my family, I am also a travel agent and sell it. And, I sell a ton of it. Why, because the brand is so superior to others, those that sail Regent are some of my most liked humans and friends and the people that work behind the scenes have a love for it like no other. Let me tell you a little about the people in the corporate office. Their pay has been slashed. Their staff has been cut. The remaining folks are on four-day work weeks, yet still working six days a week FROM HOME, while taking care of their autistic and/or challenged children, sick spouse, elderly parents, kids with activities and no camps in which to send them to, etc. all while trying to keep up with the bills and the demands of their job. They still show up EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR YOU, despite the daily berating from customers and agents alike. NOBODY is singling anyone out. There is no conspiracy to not refund anyone or change a future cruise credit policy because they don’t like your last name. We are in a WORLD CRISIS and everyone is doing their best, including me as an agent, mother, friend, daughter. We need more positivity, hope, sharing of dreams, unity and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times. I hope you’ll agree and focus on the things we all love about Regent and look forward to.

• Like 2

If there is no conspiracy and no other issues whats so over, why are we not getting our refunds on time? Why do we have to call the agency like every once a week to know the status of our refund? What I mean to say is that people are not well informed and we have to either keep calling them or just sitting there waiting for a miracle to happen 

• Haha 1