Cruise Critic Community
SusieQft

Crystal Refund Roll Call

On 7/1/2020 at 9:39 PM, avalon1025 said:

Every morning is like Christmas,  I wake up all excited and run down to check my credit card to see if I received a refund!    ...111 days no refund

I know the feeling...I am waiting more than 80 days now for refunds from Lufthansa and a couple of hotels, which I had booked directly via their web page. All hotels I had booked via Expedia were refunded within three weeks of cancelling.

Ivi

23 hours ago, CUTTERSAM said:

Spoke once to the TA from the Crystal site and emailed him a couple of times only to get an automated reply.  I get all sorts of junk from Crystal now I am so frustrated with them I don't even read it.

I just got a special delivery of cash. 153 bags of $100 bills with a note to distribute it to those passengers who had not yet received their refunds. They also sent me a list of names but I don't know who gets how much nor their addresses and thus I'm keeping it all for myself. 🙂 I wish ..

Oh my, lesson learned.  I just wrote a fairly lengthy post.  Went back to page 1 to double check that I had included all the requested information before hitting send, returned to find my reply had vanished.  Argh.  So now I will keep this short.

Sail date of 3/1/21 for a b2b Asia cruise

4/2/20 Crystal "official" refund requested form received.

7/3/20 93 days and still waiting.

Thankfully had "only" paid the 25% deposit totaling $5,812, $1,000 of which is not truly refundable just transferable to a different cruise.   So waiting to see the balance of $4,812 actually refunded. 

In June I contacted my agent again to ask about the delay and story of what may (or may not) be happening with the refund as like an idiot I was actually thinking of booking one of their October 2020 Serenity special cruise offerings.   Crystal of course was more than happy to transfer my $5,812 to the October sailing but would not just transfer $400 of it which is the total deposit required for those sailings.   Hmmmm.   I was assured via my agent the refund would be coming by mid July.   Like an idiot I gave them a fresh $400 deposit opting to see if the refund from my April cancellation would actually appear mid July. 

Then I too received the Crystal email regarding the refund delays which it sounds like now may not happen until fall.  I had concerns before but now and REALLY not getting a warm fuzzy feeling at this point.   

Very sad to see Crystal handling things in this fashion.  We have been die hard fans since 2005, 14 cruises ago.  I knew years ago when they went on their spending binge building the plane , all the river boats and the 2 major ocean liner redos that it seemed like over the top spending.   

Will post again if anything changes and we actually ever see any of our money again.  Very sad. 

6 hours ago, andiamo76 said:

Like an idiot I gave them a fresh $400 deposit opting to see if the refund from my April cancellation would actually appear mid July. 

I am glad you said it instead of me.

1) there will be no cruise in October

2) I would not give them 1 CENT before they had the decency to refund what they owe me