Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
richwmn

The Daily for Wednesday May 27, 2020

Recommended Posts

today is National Senior Health & Fitness Day


While money doesn't buy love, it puts you in a great bargaining position.


Meal suggestion for today - South Indian egg curry with rice & lentil pilau

 

At Sea Indian Ocean
Maasdam destination Lubuan eta 5/29
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Jakarta eta 6/1
Rotterdam destination Reunion eta 5/28
Volendam destination Jakarta eta 6/1


Cape Town Anchorage
Veendam
Zuiderdam currently docked


La Paz Anchorage
Oosterdam


Manila Anchorage
Amsterdam
Eurodam
Noordam
Westerdam


Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam


Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The meal suggestion for today doesn't do anything for me. With everything else going on the National Senior Health & Fitness Day is very appropriate, I think for most people on this forum and the times we live in. Stay safe & healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily Report.

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it has been known to bring a smile or two.😉

It's a good time for Senior Health and Fitness Day.  I'll pass on your suggestion for dinner, but thanks anyway.

It's another hot, humid day here.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay healthy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Rich for the Daily report.

 

National Senior Health and Fitness Day -- great -- we all need to stay home.

 

I'll pass on today's dinner suggestion -- too much spice for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning rich. Thank you for the Daily Report.

We are going to friend's house for dinner tonight. I don't know what they're going to be serving. I love Indian food.

 

Good morning to my fellow Dailyites and wonderful sisters Cat and Denise. Went for dinner with a close friend of ours last night. A lot of tears shed. I do not like goodbyes.

 

Everyone behave yourselves. Stay safe and healthy. XX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning and thank you for the Daily Rich.  I'll pass on the dinner suggestion today.  National Senior Health and Fitness Day.  Good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning all! Great to see my CC Sisters, Joy & Denise!

 

How appropriate - my gym just started its classes this week!

 

I would want to try tonight’s meal suggestion, before making it. My local Indian restaurant has not reopened yet. Tonight is Moroccan Salmon with cauliflower rice & sweet potatoes for me. I will throw in some dried cranberries & possibly some dried mango. Neither of which sounds very Moroccan, but....

 

Hoping today’s launch goes off as scheduled. If weather permits, I will head to one of our local ocean parks to view the launch.

 

Stay well everyone!

Edited by cat shepard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning all and thanks Rich for the update. 
Tonight is going to be leftover pot roast and mashed potatoes, not sure about another veggie. 
Have a good day everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning; thanks for the Daily!  Money can't buy happiness, especially when there's no place to go.  Your meal suggestion doesn't work for us - I think I'll see if DH can cremate something on the barbecue tonight.  And wine.

@Seasick Sailor I'm with you when it comes to goodbyes . . . I bawl like a baby.  Can't help it, always have.

 

Smooth Sailing!

Gerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the "Daily."  I so want the cruises to start up soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the updates.  We too shall pass on the dinner suggestion.  As for seniors health day, we are following the latest protocols and trying to stay fit by being outside and working in the garden.  Right now, money can't even buy us a last minute cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gigianne said:

Right now, money can't even buy us a last minute cruise

Oh, so true.  I'll pass on the dinner suggestion but will enjoy my cherry pie tonight.  Looks like Captain Jeroen Schuchmann is taking the Amsterdam out for a little spin.

 

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily report.

 

National Senior Health and Fitness Day -- great -- we all need to stay home.

 

I'll pass on today's dinner suggestion -- too much spice for me.

 

After our quarantine menu the last two months, we're up to trying pretty much anything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming in late! Still morning well brunch time!! In car heading over to our daughters! Delivering a wine bar Crate and Barrel so we need to let them in!!

I have a crock pot going with Thai chicken thighs with cilantro salsa mixed with peanut butter lime juice curry And soy! Serve with coconut milk jasmine rice👍
🌺Rich I am all for the quote of the day! LOL. I will be down at Shelter Island to do a walk with David and will see if any ships in port. Getting anxious want to cruise again! 3 cruises on the books but not soon enough.

🌺Cat your dinner sound delicious!! 
Moroccan Salmon and cauliflower rice 👍

Yummy! Can I have another recipe from you again? Have a great day!

🌺 Joy, I know how you feel about leaving 

dear friends😞 You have an amazing life and will make new friends!

To everyone! To a new day, keep positive and let’s dream of cruises in our futures!

Denise😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Coming in late! Still morning well brunch time!! In car heading over to our daughters! Delivering a wine bar Crate and Barrel so we need to let them in!!

I have a crock pot going with Thai chicken thighs with cilantro salsa mixed with peanut butter lime juice curry And soy! Serve with coconut milk jasmine rice👍
🌺Rich I am all for the quote of the day! LOL. I will be down at Shelter Island to do a walk with David and will see if any ships in port. Getting anxious want to cruise again! 3 cruises on the books but not soon enough.

🌺Cat your dinner sound delicious!! 
Moroccan Salmon and cauliflower rice 👍

Yummy! Can I have another recipe from you again? Have a great day!

🌺 Joy, I know how you feel about leaving 

dear friends😞 You have an amazing life and will make new friends!

To everyone! To a new day, keep positive and let’s dream of cruises in our futures!

Denise😊

 


Denise - do you have an Aldi near you? My supper comes from Aldi in a kit a la Blue Apron. For $9.99! And it is enough salmon for two meals. And enough of the cauliflower & sweet potato mixture for 3 - 4 meals.  
 

Warning: if you use the entire spice packet in the rice, it packs a decent kick. If you like heat, you will love this. If not, use half the packet.

 

And it is very easy to put together.
 

 

Edited by cat shepard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks, Rich. Ill pass on the egg curry because as much as I love curry, hubby doesn't like spicy anything, but thanks for the suggestion

Senior Health and Fitness? DH and I participate in Grow Young Fitness. At the moment, he is snoring on the couch. I'll try to get him up and moving shortly, although, to be fair, he did the trimming of the grass earlier today.

Have a happy day!

Edited by Dismomx5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, cat shepard said:


Denise - do you have an Aldi near you? My supper comes from Aldi in a kit a la Blue Apron. For $9.99! And it is enough salmon for two meals. And enough of the cauliflower & sweet potato mixture for 3 - 4 meals.  
 

Warning: if you use the entire spice packet in the rice, it packs a decent kick. If you like heat, you will love this. If not, use half the packet.

 

And it is very easy to put together.
 

 

Hi Cat!!! Yes I do have an Aldo. I have never been to the store yet. It opened when we were leaving in March in the cruise! BLUE APRON👍👍! Thanks Cat! 
hope Bindi is good and your day is great

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi Cat!!! Yes I do have an Aldo. I have never been to the store yet. It opened when we were leaving in March in the cruise! BLUE APRON👍👍! Thanks Cat! 
hope Bindi is good and your day is great

Denise😊

 Here is a pic of the kit.

 

 But the kit is in the frozen food island near the checkouts. It is Wild salmon - flash frozen. I have only seen it in my Aldi for the past three weeks - so may be a seasonal special.

 

Aldi’s produce beats all my other local grocery stores’, and sometimes even my local farmer’s  market.
 

 

53BDDBA5-04CD-4D47-945F-E2AE4A25738E.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

 Here is a pic of the kit.

 

 But the kit is in the frozen food island near the checkouts. It is Wild salmon - flash frozen. I have only seen it in my Aldi for the past three weeks - so may be a seasonal special.

 

Aldi’s produce beats all my other local grocery stores’, and sometimes even my local farmer’s  market.
 

 

53BDDBA5-04CD-4D47-945F-E2AE4A25738E.jpeg

Perfect👍 I will go tomorrow!

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Perfect👍 I will go tomorrow!

Denise😊

 Cat we went over on our way home! Great place! We got 2 to try. A lot of organic stuff. A very unique store! 
Thankyou!

Denise😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the daily report.

Here we have a lovely sunny autumn day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are peaking my interest in checking out Aldi. One opened in the next town over a while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

You are peaking my interest in checking out Aldi. One opened in the next town over a while ago.


I confess, I have not spent a great deal of time exploring the “inner aisles”. But their produce, dairy and frozen food areas offer great options.


The two things I have not succeeded in finding- a tasty low fat Greek yogurt & a coffee that I like. Not bad for a place that basically reduced my grocery bill by 50%.

 

Have fun exploring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...