Jump to content

Answers to FCC and Bonus FCC questions answers by NCL Chat


 Share

Recommended Posts

So my TA sent me a message saying I had to apply my FCC to my Dec cruise first and then use left over to pay for my March 21. It didn't make sense to me, and my TA didn't answer my call or email requesting clarification. I just did a chat with an NCL agent and this clears things up so much better:

 

(NCL AGENT) The only FCC that can be split between to reservations is the 100%. The 25% coupon can not be split between reservations. So maybe that is where the TA is coming from.

But yes, if you have money left from the 100% coupon you can apply that towards another sailing.

 

(ME paraphrasing INFO) The 100% FCC (the monies you actually paid for the cancelled cruise) can be applied towards Shore Excursions (call the number to make those reservations) and can pay for service charges- said to have my TA add it to my invoice to apply it.

 

(NCL) It comes off of the voyage fare price, it is more like a discount as it is not applied as a payment towards the total price.

 

(Me Paraphrase)  The question was could I use MY BONUS FCC to pay for the base fare on my Mar cruise and use the difference to pay towards my husband's fare and the answer is NO. The Bonus credit is applied to only that person's portion. 

 

I asked the agent if the system alerts you to the fact that you could be loosing some of your Bonus FCC and she apologized and said no. So I want everyone out there to know that. When you book with BONUS FCC your base fare has to be equal (or more) to maximize Bonus usage. You can not use partial  and receive partial credit back. So if your next cruise doesn't use all of your bonus towards the base fare, you can always upgrade your room....or book a longer, more expensive room.

 

Share. Share. Share!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, if anyone knows this answer, I would appreciate it. I had to bug the NCL agent again.

If your cruise with the Bonus FCC applied gets cancelled do they reinstate the bonus fare or do you loose it? Since according to the agent it is like a coupon that reduces the rate of your fare. We had planned to use it for our Dec Australia cruise.....but Dec cruises seem iffy. I don't want to loose that amount if we get cancelled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, I get impatient sometimes.

Just chatted with NCL again. The answer is if your cruise that has been booked with Bonus FCC gets cancelled by NCL or you under Peace of Mind, the Bonus gets reinstated.

 

Maybe all of this info is out there. But I wanted all of the info I have gotten from the Agent in one email for anyone else looking for the answers to the same questions I had. Searching for the answers to all the various details can be tedious!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I knew that was the deal, but what I didn't know until I did my chat with an agent is that if your base fare is LESS then you do not get any of that credit back. I also thought that I could apply my 25% bonus FCC towards the base fare of both fares, but it only gets applied to the bonus holder's fare. These are specifics that I had not previously seen discussed that I felt was important information to get out there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not know the answer to that question. I haven’t had a rebook get cancelled yet. I would suspect, that the 100% would be subject to the bonus 25% because it represents actual monies paid. Again, speculation that they would honor giving a 25% bonus on a rescheduled cruise that the have to cancel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2020 at 7:15 PM, Math teacher said:

Yes, I knew that was the deal, but what I didn't know until I did my chat with an agent is that if your base fare is LESS then you do not get any of that credit back.

I also thought that I could apply my 25% bonus FCC towards the base fare of both fares, but it only gets applied to the bonus holder's fare. These are specifics that I had not previously seen discussed that I felt was important information to get out there!

 

how do you define base fare?

does it includes port fees/taxes, tips on dining, and $15/day cabin tips?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

 

how do you define base fare?

does it includes port fees/taxes, tips on dining, and $15/day cabin tips?

Base fare is the fare you pay per person before all of the other fees of taxes, port charges and service fees.

Edited by Math teacher
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you had FCC's applied to dining and wifi packages?  I have heard yes and no from cruisers but only heard NO from NCL.  I'm not talking about free at sea items but packages for a third or forth party on your reservation.  The NCL link does not show that FCC's can be used for dining or wifi.  Some say yes, NCL says no.  Lots of conflicting information.

Anyone actually have the FCC applied to a dining or wifi package? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, UDKO said:

Have you had FCC's applied to dining and wifi packages?  I have heard yes and no from cruisers but only heard NO from NCL.  I'm not talking about free at sea items but packages for a third or forth party on your reservation.  The NCL link does not show that FCC's can be used for dining or wifi.  Some say yes, NCL says no.  Lots of conflicting information.

Anyone actually have the FCC applied to a dining or wifi package? 

Shoot, I have not used it for a package on a 3rd or 4th person. When I rebooked my cruise, my NCL rep told me to call to book anthing else for the cruise in order to use the FCC (can't be done online apparently). I don't see why they wouldn't let you use it for someone else in your cabin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 3rd and 4th person was just an example.  I was looking to hear from anyone who was able to apply FCC's to dining or wifi packages.  Basically, any package you would have to pay extra for.  There is a ton of conflicting information.  NCL is a hard NO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, UDKO said:

The 3rd and 4th person was just an example.  I was looking to hear from anyone who was able to apply FCC's to dining or wifi packages.  Basically, any package you would have to pay extra for.  There is a ton of conflicting information.  NCL is a hard NO.

 

We were also told No for a dining package for the 3rd person.  Each of the 3 of us had FCC (but not from the same cancelled cruise), but our PCC was able to move FCC around/apply it to someone else's costs, so that we were able to split the total cost 3 ways (so each of us paid an equal amount).  By cruising 3 to a room for one of our cruises, we were able to book 2 cruises in place of the one we had previously booked (with the 20% discount and the 25% bonus FCC).  After base fare, taxes, gratuities, etc were paid, one of us had FCC left, and asked if she could use FCC to purchase a dining package for the 3rd person (to "match" the free-at-see dining package for guest 1&2), but was told no - that had to be purchased with cash.

 

NCL's suspended sailings FAQ specifically states that they cannot be purchased with FCC, so that seems to be the correct answer.  I haven't see anyone post that they were actually able to do so, just that they were told they could (and those were way at the beginning of all of this, so they were probably given incorrect information). From https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings 

 

Is there anything the FCC cannot be used for?

The FCC cannot be applied or used for the following:

  • Amenities
  • Dining/beverage packages that are not part of the Free At Sea program
  • Internet packages that are not part of the Free At Sea program
  • Shore excursions booked while onboard
  • Onboard credit
  • Water/soda packages
  • Bottles of wine
  • Bon voyage gifts and celebration packages
  • Photo packages

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am wondering if and how it would work on an existing booking.  I used two cruise next certs and $$ for my deposit   Will they take an additional 25% off the fare anyway? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TSUmom said:

I am wondering if and how it would work on an existing booking.  I used two cruise next certs and $$ for my deposit   Will they take an additional 25% off the fare anyway? 

 

So you booked another trip without using the 25% they were giving you for a previous cancellation?  Assuming that is where the 25% is coming from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, UDKO said:

 

So you booked another trip without using the 25% they were giving you for a previous cancellation?  Assuming that is where the 25% is coming from.

Do you still have the 25% FCC sitting in your latitude account?  I do know that the extra 25% can be used on the fare only so you might be able to apply it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, UDKO said:

 

So you booked another trip without using the 25% they were giving you for a previous cancellation?  Assuming that is where the 25% is coming from.

No I have an April 2021 cruise booked (I booked spring 2019) and have made the deposit only, a cruise next cert and $$ because it is a suite.  I was wondering if when I apply my FCC from my canceled cruise to that will I still be able to have the 25% bonus taken off of the original booking fare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 25% of the 125% they gave you can be applied to the booking.  Not sure if time has expired on the additional percentage they give you by booking right away.  Usually you only have a couple of weeks after the cancellation to receive the additional discount.  All of the FCC and additional 25% should be sitting on your account.  All those funds can be applied.

 

 

Edited by UDKO
new content
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2020 at 7:06 AM, Math teacher said:

I do not know the answer to that question. I haven’t had a rebook get cancelled yet. I would suspect, that the 100% would be subject to the bonus 25% because it represents actual monies paid. Again, speculation that they would honor giving a 25% bonus on a rescheduled cruise that the have to cancel.

 

Nope. The extra 25% has already been given on the actual monies paid with the first cancellation.

The 100% FCC will be returned to your account, and any additional amounts paid will result in both 100% & 25% FCC's added to your account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...