Suggestion for Princess

ShibaInuMom

Suggestion - transfer the cancelled Princess reservation for 2020 that has been canceled to 2021 for the same ship and cruise - but don't stop there - transfer the same room type and onboard credit as well.  Other cruise lines are doing this, just not Princess.  Our cruise, B-B-B on the Island Princess to the Norwegian Fjords was a dream cruise.  We had a great cabin and onboard credit.  The 125% is not enough thank you.  

• Like 2

That would have been great! However the logistics of that could be a nightmare as cabins may already be booked for 2021, itineraries change, Ships change, people don’t want to cruise in 2021... the list goes on.

That said, I would have enjoyed your recommendation as an option.

• Like 2

The logistical nightmare is getting my refund and FCC. After I get what's due me and use my FCC Princess will not be my first go to site anymore.  I will explore other options and I know I like Azamara and Viking.

My TA said that RCCL is doing something similar. Her clients are thrilled with it. How many times have we heard on this board "I had such great perks or OBC or great price and next year is not the same". I am sure it doesn't work with some itineraries but it would for the majority of them.

• Like 1

I would have loved that. We got a Window Suite on the Enchanted for the November TA for less than the price of a balcony.  Plus more OBC than we could spend...It would have been wonderful.  

• Like 1

We had a window suite on the Grand booked for 3/29. No way to put us in the same cabin, same itinerary, same ship for 2021. The Grand left San Francisco and the ship that will be there (I think it's the Ruby) doesn't have window suites. I'd have been happy to take that if it were possible and offered.

4 hours ago, jennybenny said:

That would have been great! However the logistics of that could be a nightmare as cabins may already be booked for 2021, itineraries change, Ships change, people don’t want to cruise in 2021... the list goes on.

That said, I would have enjoyed your recommendation as an option.

It wouldn't have to be the same cabin - just the same category,  same month and same destination (I think).

Other cruise lines are doing this successfully. I think it is more fair than giving someone 25% credit when next year's cruise is significantly more then that. It doesn't work for every situation but many.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Coral said:

It wouldn't have to be the same cabin - just the same category,  same month and same destination (I think).

Other cruise lines are doing this successfully. I think it is more fair than giving someone 25% credit when next year's cruise is significantly more then that.

I agree. In fact, I was disappointed Princes didn’t do that to begin with. We rebooked for next year at a much higher rate. Waiting to get the credit from the cancelled booking to apply to that cruise for next year, but I was secretly hoping they would at some point do that for those of us who rebooked. We may not cruise next year if the fare stays as it is. We have two other cruises booked as well that we hope will happen but they are this year, so who knows

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ShibaInuMom said:

Suggestion - transfer the cancelled Princess reservation for 2020 that has been canceled to 2021 for the same ship and cruise - but don't stop there - transfer the same room type and onboard credit as well.  Other cruise lines are doing this, just not Princess.  Our cruise, B-B-B on the Island Princess to the Norwegian Fjords was a dream cruise.  We had a great cabin and onboard credit.  The 125% is not enough thank you.  

Not everyone can get the same holidays

• Like 2

I'd love the same cruise moved to next year. 33 days Australia/New Zealand. Caribe balcony cabin. Included Internet. Included Gratuities. Included Beverage Package. $1,700+AUD OBC.  No way will I get a deal like this again. At this point the only Australia/New Zealand cruises listed for late next year are a couple of 2 - 4 day "getaway" cruises. If they do actually offer these cruises again I would bet they will be a lot more expensive.

I can't imagine the logistics involved for Princess to actually do this.  They haven't been able to get the refunds done in a timely manner, much less anything more complex.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I can't imagine the logistics involved for Princess to actually do this.  They haven't been able to get the refunds done in a timely manner, much less anything more complex.  

Moving a booking to an identical cruise (if it exists) in the future is much simpler than going through options 1 and 2 with different FCC amounts to different FCC accounts plus refunds to possibly multiple credit cards, gift cards and FCDs.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Moving a booking to an identical cruise (if it exists) in the future is much simpler than going through options 1 and 2 with different FCC amounts to different FCC accounts plus refunds to possibly multiple credit cards, gift cards and FCDs.

One might think so ... but, my one sailing is so simple and they still can't get that one refunded.  I'm feeling like that might be asking for way too much.  

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Most of the Princess voyage catalog is repeated annually - just might be a different vessel.