All FCCs Issued Under The CWC Policy Are Valid Until April 31, 2022

Fouremco

The "use by" date of FCCs originally issued under the Cruise With Confidence policy was December 31, 2021. This has led to numerous posters wondering whether the revised April 30, 2022 date applied to those older FCCs too or only to new FCCs issued under the revised policy. As I have several thousand dollars in FCC issued at the outset of the CWC implementation but had shifted a cruise to March 2022, I too wanted clear direction. Consequently, I emailed the following to Celebrity One Touch on May 11:

On March 16, 2020, I was issued an FCC under the initial terms of the Cruise with Confidence policy, to be used on sailings on or before December 31, 2021. The policy has since been modified and FCCs can now be used for sailing up to April 30, 2022. Can you please verify whether this applies to all FCCs issued under the Cruise with Confidence policy, or only to those issued after the change in policy.

I received the following positive response today:

Dear Mr. Fouremco:

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The original FCC you received is in fact extended its book by date until April 30, 2022.

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to our Engagement Center Representatives at 844-418-6824.

So, good news, all FCCs issued under the CWC policy are valid until April 31, 2022. Thank you Celebrity!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

The "use by" date of FCCs originally issued under the Cruise With Confidence policy was December 31, 2021. This has led to numerous posters wondering whether the revised April 30, 2022 date applied to those older FCCs too or only to new FCCs issued under the revised policy. As I have several thousand dollars in FCC issued at the outset of the CWC implementation but had shifted a cruise to March 2022, I too wanted clear direction. Consequently, I emailed the following to Celebrity One Touch on May 11:

On March 16, 2020, I was issued an FCC under the initial terms of the Cruise with Confidence policy, to be used on sailings on or before December 31, 2021. The policy has since been modified and FCCs can now be used for sailing up to April 30, 2022. Can you please verify whether this applies to all FCCs issued under the Cruise with Confidence policy, or only to those issued after the change in policy.

Dear Mr. Fouremco:

The original FCC you received is in fact extended its book by date until April 30, 2022.

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to our Engagement Center Representatives at 844-418-6824.

So, good news, all FCCs issued under the CWC policy are valid until April 31, 2022. Thank you Celebrity!

Thank you for this! We too have booked a cruise March 2022 and also have thousands in FCC. I’m still awaiting a response from an email I sent May 24th . Hoping I’ll get the same response. If not, I’ll be coping this response! 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Dear Mr. Fouremco:

Curious, did you cancel? Or did you wait for the suspension from Celebrity. Not like it SHOULD matter, but I have a feeling it might. We cancelled hours before the announcement.  

• Like 1

No, it shouldn't make a difference. In my case, I cancelled an April Hawaiian cruise just outside the 30-day cancellation penalty period, so I was entitled to a 25% refund and 75% FCC. Had I known then that they would eventually suspend the cruise and that I would have been entitled to a 100% refund, I would have waited. Nevertheless, knowing now that I can use the FCC in 2022 is a relief. I thought that I might have to book another cruise, in 2021, so as not to lose the money tied up in the FCC.

Do let us know the outcome of your query. I'd be very surprised and displeased to see two contradictory written responses from Celebrity. It happens frequently over the phone, but usually are consistent in their emails.

• Like 1

This would be a game changer for us..We could do a lift and shift into  Jan 2022 from 2021.....same ship, itin etc,  BUT Connie might  be sold before 2022, so that would be another risk to consider.

We are  considering  looking at a shorter cruise later in 2021.....just to use up the Certificate and put X  and cruising behind us for awhile..  

We have a cruise booked that is sailing October 2021.. final payment is due July 2021, at which time we plan to apply our FCC which was issued in March of this year with a sail by date of December 31st 2021..so based on this new information if we decide to cancel our upcoming cruise prior to final payment date, will we be able to transfer this FCC toward another cruise as long as we sail by April 30th 2022?

Ours, received yesterday, states it must be redeemed by 12/31/21 for sailings completed by 4/30/22.

FWIW, it was 125% to the penny! (Solstice 4/25/20 transpacific)

Edited by sippican

Our certificate states FCC must be redeemed for sailing commencing on or before 12/ 31/21..

With the new announced Celebrity guidelines does that mean all sailings (including mine) can now be redeemed by April 30 2022?

Edited by edgekid

1 hour ago, edgekid said:

We have a cruise booked that is sailing October 2021.. final payment is due July 2021, at which time we plan to apply our FCC which was issued in March of this year with a sail by date of December 31st 2021..so based on this new information if we decide to cancel our upcoming cruise prior to final payment date, will we be able to transfer this FCC toward another cruise as long as we sail by April 30th 2022?

Yes, you can choose to apply it to any cruise sailing before April 30, 2022. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 11:09 AM, edgekid said:

Our certificate states FCC must be redeemed for sailing commencing on or before 12/ 31/21..

With the new announced Celebrity guidelines does that mean all sailings (including mine) can now be redeemed by April 30 2022?

We have the same issue...

16 minutes ago, hcat said:

I have copied your post  for my file, but will need to contact the Engagement Dept or  get a similar representation or writing...or ideally an amended FCC

I sent my request for clarification to Celebrity One Touch. It took three weeks for a reply, but I did get it. Given the positive response, I didn't ask for amended FCCs.

This is what I sent to them:

• Like 1