Tipping

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

True, and one group is bigger than the other.

One does not think those of a kind and generous disposition, give a jot if they in a group or not.  Therefore, the size of any fictitious group is of no consequence

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Simple clarification

It is usual for kind and generous cruisers to give additional tips, as a standard protocol.

For other cruisers, same being not kind or generous, it is a standard protocol not to give additional tips. 

So in essence both groups do have a "standard" protocol.

Good grief...🙄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Simple clarification

It is usual for kind and generous cruisers to give additional tips, as a standard protocol.

For other cruisers, same being not kind or generous, it is a standard protocol not to give additional tips. 

So in essence both groups do have a "standard" protocol.

Whatever gratuity the staff gets to deal with your arrogance is not enough. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, German Mermaid said:

Well, I´m new to cruises and from what I´ve read in this topic it seems to be a standard to give additional tips, and I really doubt that crew members will receive the automatic gratuities. 

This thread is one of thousands on this board. Don't feel pressured to tip extra if you don't want to. It is not expected at all. You paid your daily gratuities already with your cruise fare if you booked during the last couple of month. 

Edited by Kimba_83
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Take a guess.

You posted a statement, probably based on substantive facts.  A CC member politely  asks a legitimate question on the statement, and the answer the CC member received was an abrupt question.  One thinks it's impolite to answer a question with a question.

5 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

One thinks it's impolite to answer a question with a question.

Perhaps, but it wasn't a question - it was a statement.

Biker, who usually just enjoys the entertainment in tipping threads and does not participate.

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2020 at 4:35 PM, amurray88 said:

Apologies, really hard to learn English on here when people say phrases like "One doesn't needed to know what happened to it", trying to learn when others around me spoke such broken English makes it really hard 😜 I'm sure NCL are devastated at losing you as a customer.

The person that says "Removal of autograts should be banned. Autograts should be treated like port charges and taxes. If you go on the cruise, they are paid and no refunds. If you miss the cruise they are returned. No ifs, ands, or buts about it." And then a few pages later says he once reduced them....

Woopsies, once again looking like a silly sausage.

Screenshot_20200616-213102.png

I still fully believe that autograts should be treated like port charges and taxes.....unremoveable. BUT, since the cruise line refuses to go that route and I was, IMO, being double charged, yes, one time I corrected what was a true injustice, being double charged. 

Funny thing, I didn't ask for your blessing or opinion. Of course, you can give your opinion all day long if you wish but like an *****, everybody has one so there's nothing special about yours. If you can't grasp why I did what I did, one time out of 30 cruises, then I can't do anything else to help you understand so I just guess you'll have to be lost. Toodles.

7 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

I still fully believe that autograts should be treated like port charges and taxes.....unremoveable. BUT, since the cruise line refuses to go that route and I was, IMO, being double charged, yes, one time I corrected what was a true injustice, being double charged. 

Funny thing, I didn't ask for your blessing or opinion. Of course, you can give your opinion all day long if you wish but like an *****, everybody has one so there's nothing special about yours. If you can't grasp why I did what I did, one time out of 30 cruises, then I can't do anything else to help you understand so I just guess you'll have to be lost. Toodles.

I know but here's the thing...you're telling everyone else to pay it when you didn't so unfortunately that makes you look like a hypocrite. Doesn't really surprise me though ....you like to through your opinion about on here even though you don't follow it yourself.

It's a shame but one day you might (if fortunate) notice that.