Cruise Critic Community
TER777

Crystal Serenity 2023 itineraries announced

So  far it appears to be only the first 6 months on the web site.

Roy

Press Release From Crystal Cruises.

Keith

CRYSTAL UNVEILS A WORLD OF CHOICES FOR

CRYSTAL SERENITY’S 2023 VOYAGES

The award-winning luxury ship will sail 32 individual itineraries

of seven to 23 nights

MIAMI, May 27, 2020 – As global travelers look ahead to exploring the world again, Crystal Cruises has announced the complete 2023 deployment for the 980-guest Crystal Serenity. Across 32 distinct sailings ranging in length from seven to 23 nights – including the 140-night Wild Kingdoms & Exotic Discoveries World Cruise that was announced in April – Crystal Serenity will sail to the South Pacific islands, sun-drenched Africa and Egypt, the lush Americana and charm of New England & Canada, the romantic and legendary locales of the Mediterranean and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean. Every itinerary is crafted to offer travelers varied choices for exploration in each destination while showcasing a holistic experience of the regions. Foodies, adventure seekers, nature lovers, art and architecture aficionados, history buffs with a penchant for virtually any era – all will find themselves at home aboard Crystal Serenity voyages.

Crystal Serenity’s 2023 voyages will be available for booking on June 3, 2020, with Crystal’s new Easy Bookprogram offering reduced deposits and waived admin fees for all new bookings made through June 30, 2020.

“Many travelers are anticipating their next great journeys now more than ever, and we know that offering our guests an abundance of choices and time to plan only adds to the inspiration,” said Carmen Roig, Crystal’s senior vice president of marketing and sales. “The 2023 sailings aboard Crystal Serenity are a collection of the world’s most coveted destinations, featuring the places travelers love most, whether they’re just daydreaming of returning again after many cherished visits, or the place has always topped their must-see lists. Combined with the onboard experience of a ship that is a beloved destination unto itself, every itinerary is an enriching opportunity for travelers.”

Highlights of Crystal Serenity’s 2023 deployment include:

Wild Kingdoms & Exotic Discoveries World Cruise – 140 nights in total from Miami, with alternative disembarkation options in Venice and Athens for 128- and 119-night itineraries, respectively. The epic voyage visits 73 destinations in all, including five maiden ports and 19 overnights across 40 countries on six continents – with a focus on the world’s greatest wonders and UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Destinations range from the South Pacific and Papua New Guinea to Myanmar, the Seychelles, African safaris and Egypt’s ancient wonders.

A connoisseur’s collection of the Black Sea, Mediterranean and Western Europe – Layer upon layer of rich artistic and cultural heritage waiting to be explored in Italy, Greece, Spain and Portugal, plus sojourns through the Black Sea calling in Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia and Turkey; along the Dalmatian Coast to Croatia and Montenegro; the romantic ports of Iberia. Offered June through August.

Autumn beauty in New England & Canada – When the famed foliage of the region reaches peak brilliance, these sailings journey to the epicenters and bastions of American history like Newport and Bar Harbor, the majestic forests, trails and waterfalls that cloak the coastline, and the contrasting big city life found in Manhattan, Boston and Québec City. Offered September through October.

Caribbean island escapes – For the ultimate luxury warm winter retreats, sailing from one sun-kissed shore surrounded by turquoise waters to another, each with its own culture, character and warm hospitality. Boutique ports like St. John, St. Barts, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Maarten and others all offer travelers a balance of chic shops, quaint villages and opportunities to stay active outdoors, while the reefs of Honduras and Belize call to scuba lovers. Offered November through December, including a holiday voyage.

Guests seeking extended journeys throughout the year, outside the full World Cruise, can combine multiple voyages for up to 100 days of luxury exploration without repeating a port. Crystal Symphony’s 2023 deployment will be announced in July. 

With 30 years of cruising to the far reaches of the world, Crystal has a long tradition of implementing and maintaining the highest health and safety policies at sea. While our fleet is paused, the Crystal team is developing new procedures and policies that will support all public health and regulatory requirements and ensure that our guests’ vacations continue to be not only relaxing and pleasurable but safe and healthy. Details of these new measures and initiatives will be announced soon. 

Additionally, the inherent design of Crystal ships maximizes personal and public space, offering plenty of options for those who choose to keep a healthy distance during their voyage. All Crystal ships across the fleet including Ocean, River, Yacht and Expedition offer nearly double the space per person than ships of a similar size, which is among the highest space ratios in the industry and will be further augmented through the new measures we will be implementing. Further, Crystal Endeavor and Crystal’s River ships are all-suite, featuring all-balcony suites and most staterooms on our two Ocean ships feature private verandas for fresh airflow. 

Please know that our guests’ and crews’ safety is our number one priority and we will resume service only when our expert team as well as global health and government authorities indicate that it is safe to do so. 

About Crystal

Only the world-renowned Crystal Experience offers an unwavering, unparalleled standard of excellence and luxury across four distinct cruising options: Crystal Cruises, the World’s Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line; Crystal River Cruises, the World’s Most Luxurious River Cruise Line; Crystal Yacht Cruises, offering boutique luxury and bold adventure in the world’s most elite harbors; and Crystal Expedition Cruises, taking Crystal’s acclaimed elegance to the farthest reaches of the world. Crystal has been recognized with top honors in the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards for a record 26 years including, in 2019, for Best Medium-Ship Cruise Line for Crystal Cruises, Best Small-Ship Cruise Line for Crystal Yacht Cruises and Best River Cruise Line for Crystal River Cruises. Crystal was also voted “World’s Best” by the readers of Travel + Leisure for 23 years; and won “Cruise Line of the Year” and “Most Luxurious Guest Experience” by Virtuoso for 2018 & 2019. Crystal is proud to be a platinum partner of the advisors of ASTA. 

For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel advisor, call 888.799.2437, or visitwww.crystalcruises.comJoin the hundreds of thousands who subscribe to the Crystal Insider blog, follow Crystal Cruises’ Facebook page; @crystalcruises on Twitter and Instagram; @crystalrivercruises on Instagram; and engage in the conversation with #crystalcr

Posted (edited)

Can somebody explain to me why Crystal would open their booking for 2023.

Isn't it early by their normal scheduling. About three years to go and the world could change a lot.

With all the uncertainty around the virus thing and vaccine and if cruising is still available in 2023.

One or more destinations including SG could decide not to dock their ship and their schedule would be in a mess.

Edited by datolim

32 minutes ago, datolim said:

Of course they expect things to be mostly back to normal by 2023.  I'm sure some fresh money in the form of cash deposits would be very welcome.

1 hour ago, datolim said:

Isn't it early by their normal scheduling.

Always look on the bright side - you could spend your life worrying about things that may never happen 

4 hours ago, datolim said:

Isn't it early by their normal scheduling. About three years to go and the world could change a lot.

With all the uncertainty around the virus thing and vaccine and if cruising is still available in 2023.

One or more destinations including SG could decide not to dock their ship and their schedule would be in a mess.

Each year has been different.  Often by August they would have released it.

Certainly some will be putting off travel for awhile depending on their situation and are likely looking longer term to 2022 and 2023 and since Crystal had finalized the schedule why not start selling it.

I do hope we are not in the same situation in 2023 as we are today.  That would not be fun at all.  I am much more optimistic than you

Keith

I really want to do the cruise to Canada Québec once again however I am not looking forward to the transfer Québec  Montreal .

or reaching Quebec arriving from Europe in Montreal  

meanwhile I only hope i can reach Miami for the Caribbean cruise on serenity in November this year. 

I noticed that particular cruise is also offered shorter option  Miami  Barbados  as from today. 

7 hours ago, datolim said:

By 2023???  None of us have a crystal ball (that I’m aware of), and of course there may need to be itinerary change because of regions with outbreaks of this or any virus (or natural disasters, political issues, etc.), BUT even the most pessimistic timelines I’ve seen internally in the travel industry estimate cautious restarts in most segments of the travel industry in the second or third quarters of 2021 — and that would literally be an economic apocalypse for much of the US such as that is.  Cruising is definitely going to be later than other segments, because the issues are more complex, and some other crisis could come along to compound the situation, but 2023 is a LONG way off.

We’re already seeing people in the US losing patience with safety measures and saying “forget it.”  I’m sure there would be some compliance again if cases spiked, which at some point there probably will this year for a variety of reasons, but IMHO by mid-2021 if we still don’t have basic travel and gatherings back (with precautions), Americans are going to make riskier choices about living with the disease at the cost of controlling the spread.  My soul dies a little more with every hour-long Zoom/Teams/Skype/GoToMeeting conference — I’m going to completely lose my stuff if I’m still broadcasting from my living room continuously for another year.

This is a US-based response because Crystal is a US-based line, and obviously the itineraries rely on broader timelines than ours, but I don’t see publishing 2023 itineraries now as being any riskier than publishing them next spring.  I think passengers will appreciate and accept itineraries further out, so I think this is win-win.

Vince

4 hours ago, vistaman said:

I really want to do the cruise to Canada Québec once again however I am not looking forward to the transfer Québec  Montreal .

or reaching Quebec arriving from Europe in Montreal  

meanwhile I only hope i can reach Miami for the Caribbean cruise on serenity in November this year. 

I noticed that particular cruise is also offered shorter option  Miami  Barbados  as from today. 

We are due to be on board the Serenity this October for a cruise from Quebec to Montreal. Crystal are laying on a complimentary coach transfer from Montreal to Quebec, so the journey is presumably fairly straightforward. For our part, we are scheduled to fly from the UK to Montreal, with a connecting flight to Quebec, which is scheduled at less than an hour. I am sure you will able to overcome your reservations and hope this helps.

When are the remaining June - December, 2023 Serenity sailings being posted? The announcement says full year, not seeing that. 

1 hour ago, JVNYC said:

When are the remaining June - December, 2023 Serenity sailings being posted? The announcement says full year, not seeing that. 

I am thinking they should all be up by June 3 or earlier as the Press Release said they would be available for booking on June 3.

Keith

On 5/28/2020 at 3:27 PM, kool kruiser said:

We are due to be on board the Serenity this October for a cruise from Quebec to Montreal. Crystal are laying on a complimentary coach transfer from Montreal to Quebec, so the journey is presumably fairly straightforward. For our part, we are scheduled to fly from the UK to Montreal, with a connecting flight to Quebec, which is scheduled at less than an hour. I am sure you will able to overcome your reservations and hope this helps.

In that case I will go for  the coach transfer  - despite I am taking up to 20 and more flights a year - I try to avoid those small planes with propellers ...I did that cruise on the Crystal Symphony and she was able to reach Montréal.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:27 AM, kool kruiser said:

In case you have not seen the other thread, the Canadian port closure has been extended to Oct 31/20.

On 5/28/2020 at 6:29 AM, BWIVince said:

I don’t see publishing 2023 itineraries now as being any riskier than publishing them next spring.  I think passengers will appreciate and accept itineraries further out, so I think this is win-win.

Vince

Agreed.  If the planning has been baked, there's no point in keeping the itineraries hidden from view (and booking.)

Also remember the Easy Book promotion, with no admin fees/penalties for cancellation outside the 150-days-to-sail period (yeah, it's a sliding scale) runs thru June 30.  So Crystal is giving folks a few more items on the menu to tempt them into ordering something right now.  

And yes, there will be plenty more incentive programs from Crystal in the months to come.  The question, is this one good enough to get you to toss a 15% deposit into the kitty?  For us, it was, for an August 2022 cruise.  YMMV, as the kids would say. 

21 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

The question, is this one good enough to get you to toss a 15% deposit into the kitty?  For us, it was, for an August 2022 cruise.  YMMV, as the kids would say. 

Me too...  I'm trying to scrape together enough money for a 2022 deposit.  It's going to take even longer than usual because of pay cuts at work, but hopefully I'll get there in the next couple of months hopefully.

Vince

We have booked 2023 WC and my DD will be on one of the segments.

The easy cancellation terms were what attracted us.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:56 AM, JVNYC said:

Unfortunately when I Copy/Paste this from an agent mailing it comes out in the form below rather than table, but they are all there. Hopefully they will be on the website soon.

2023 CRYSTAL SERENITY CALENDAR DATE NIGHTS DESTINATION FROM/TO Jan 4 7 Caribbean Miami Roundtrip Jan 11 15 Panama Canal Miami to Lima Jan 26 16 South Pacific Lima to Papeete Feb 11 18 South Pacific Papeete to Brisbane Mar 2 23 South Pacific Brisbane to Singapore Mar 25 14 Asia Singapore to Colombo Apr 8 14 Asia Colombo to Mombasa Apr 22 18 Africa Mombasa to Athens May 10 9 Mediterranean Athens to Venice May 19 12 Mediterranean Venice to Barcelona Jun 19 8 Mediterranean Barcelona to Athens Jun 27 12 Black Sea Athens to Istanbul Jul 9 9 Mediterranean Istanbul to Venice Jul 18 7 Mediterranean Venice to Monte Carlo Jul 25 7 Mediterranean Monte Carlo to Barcelona Aug 1 7 Mediterranean Barcelona to Rome DATE NIGHTS DESTINATION FROM/TO Aug 8 9 Mediterranean Rome to Venice Aug 17 12 Mediterranean Venice to Barcelona Aug 29 7 Western Europe Barcelona to Lisbon Sep 5 11 Western Europe Lisbon to Le Havre Sep 16 11 Trans-Atlantic Le Havre to New York City Sep 27 7 New England & Canada New York City Roundtrip Oct 4 8 New England & Canada New York City to Québec City Oct 12 8 New England & Canada Québec City to New York City Oct 20 8 New England & Canada New York City to Québec City Oct 28 8 New England & Canada Québec City to New York City Nov 5 12 Caribbean New York City to Miami Nov 17 11 Caribbean Miami Roundtrip Nov 28 10 Caribbean Miami Roundtrip Dec 8 7 Caribbean Miami to San Juan Dec 15 7 Caribbean San Juan to Miami Dec 22 14 Caribbean Miami Roundtrip 2023 WORLD CRUISE

Thanks Larry.  Here's the rest of the year:

May 19 12 Mediterranean Venice to Barcelona
Jun 19 8 Mediterranean Barcelona to Athens
Jun 27 12 Black Sea Athens to Istanbul
 Jul 9 9 Mediterranean Istanbul to Venice
Jul 18 7 Mediterranean Venice to Monte Carlo
Jul 25 7 Mediterranean Monte Carlo to Barcelona
Aug 1 7 Mediterranean Barcelona to Rome
Aug 8 9 Mediterranean Rome to Venice
Aug 17 12 Mediterranean Venice to Barcelona
Aug 29 7 Western Europe Barcelona to Lisbon
Sep 5 11 Western Europe Lisbon to Le Havre
Sep 16 11 Trans-Atlantic Le Havre to New York City
Sep 27 7 New England & Canada New York City Roundtrip
Oct 4 8 New England & Canada New York City to Québec City
Oct 12 8 New England & Canada Québec City to New York City
Oct 20 8 New England & Canada New York City to Québec City
Oct 28 8 New England & Canada Québec City to New York City
Nov 5 12 Caribbean New York City to Miami
Nov 17 11 Caribbean Miami Roundtrip
Nov 28 10 Caribbean Miami Roundtrip
Dec 8 7 Caribbean Miami to San Juan
Dec 15 7 Caribbean San Juan to Miami
Dec 22 14 Caribbean Miami Roundtrip

Looks like a drydock in Europe after the World Cruise.

Roy

When will the full itineraries be posted online for June-December? 

30 minutes ago, JVNYC said:

When will the full itineraries be posted online for June-December? 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:35 PM, vistaman said:

In that case I will go for  the coach transfer  - despite I am taking up to 20 and more flights a year - I try to avoid those small planes with propellers ...I did that cruise on the Crystal Symphony and she was able to reach Montréal.

You could also try VIA Rail, the Canadian train system. We took the train from Montreal to Toronto after a cruise in 2018 and it was quite easy and enjoyable. Better than a flight or bus, in our opinion. 

Obviously, I can’t comment on a post-pandemic train ride, though. 

On 5/29/2020 at 9:35 AM, vistaman said:

You do know that there is jet service into YQB?  You don't HAVE to take a propeller powered aircraft.

YQB gets A320 and A321 service, along with CRJ and ERJ aircraft.  And as for "small", the Dash-8 aircraft with propellers are actually larger than the CRJ and ERJ.