Mobility At Sea - Cruising fromSouthampton

ToxM

Hi experts :)

My mum and I will be cruising Southampton - Southampton next May. After a couple of holidays in Turkey where she used a hire scooter and managed really well we are going to hire a scooter from Mobility at Sea.

Has anyone used them, what was their experience, and where was the pick up/drop off point? We are cruising with Oceania so it wont be a busy day at the port. Also any hints at prices would be welcome.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, we use Mobility at Sea to hire a hoist, every time we cruise. We have never had problems with Mobility at Sea. We have used them for 5 - 6 years twice a year. 

My Dad hired his first scooter from them in May 2019. We had no idea which scooter would be suitable or which would fit in his cabin, Dad was in a normal cabin. Mobility at Sea recommended which scooter, a folding scooter in our case, would be best for him and which would fit in his cabin.  

As my Dad had never used a scooter he was asked to meet a member of their team in the terminal on embarkation day, at a prearranged time. The gentleman spent about 10 minutes showing both my Son and Dad how to use the scooter. It was my idea that my son was shown how to use and fold the scooter, just in case my Dad forgot as he was feeling nervous about using a scooter for the first time. The gentleman was quite willing to spent as much time as we needed for my Dad to feel comfortable using and folding the scooter.

My dad hired a scooter from them again in October 2019. This time the scooter was waiting for him in his cabin.   

On both occasions my Dad had to leave the scooter in his cabin at the end of the cruise. Also on both occasions Mobility at Sea

rang my Dad up roughly a week before he was due to sail to confirm his sailing details; Ship; Cabin Number etc.

I would recommend Mobility at Sea but I'm sorry I can not help you with their prices, as I only know roughly how much it costs to hire a hoist (approximately £250 for 14 nights). 

Hi, we use Mobility at Sea to hire a hoist, every time we cruise. We have never had problems with Mobility at Sea. We have used them for 5 - 6 years twice a year. 

My Dad hired his first scooter from them in May 2019. We had no idea which scooter would be suitable or which would fit in his cabin, Dad was in a normal cabin. Mobility at Sea recommended which scooter, a folding scooter in our case, would be best for him and which would fit in his cabin.  
As my Dad had never used a scooter he was asked to meet a member of their team in the terminal on embarkation day, at a prearranged time. The gentleman spent about 10 minutes showing both my Son and Dad how to use the scooter. It was my idea that my son was shown how to use and fold the scooter, just in case my Dad forgot as he was feeling nervous about using a scooter for the first time. The gentleman was quite willing to spent as much time as we needed for my Dad to feel comfortable using and folding the scooter.

My dad hired a scooter from them again in October 2019. This time the scooter was waiting for him in his cabin.   

On both occasions my Dad had to leave the scooter in his cabin at the end of the cruise. Also on both occasions Mobility at Sea
rang my Dad up roughly a week before he was due to sail to confirm his sailing details; Ship; Cabin Number etc.

I would recommend Mobility at Sea but I'm sorry I can not help you with their prices, as I only know roughly how much it costs to hire a hoist (approximately £250 for 14 nights). 

Thanks for this, very useful. Also to add, I sent them a query regarding getting dimensions for a possible scooter as I need it for a form for the cruise line, and they called very promptly this morning and were really helpful.

Definitely going to use them for this upcoming cruise.