Which ship out of Galveston?

On 5/28/2020 at 1:07 PM, firefly333 said:

Jewel is smaller and beautiful but less to do. Jewel has a awesome sale for next feb, for some reason, but you want april.

Of course Libety is the nicer ship and will cost more. Hands down. There is a reason it costs more. 

I had libety booked this past april 26, cancelled, had a really good deal. Has the promenade which I love. 

If money didnt matter of course liberty. 

Old days Feb was one of the Cheapest months to Cruise, went 7 out of 8 yrs 1996-2003 for that reason. Plus got the extra Fed Holiday day off and my kids had Mid-Winter Break off school same week. Jewel and Brilliance has/had some really inexpensive Cruises Fall20-Fall21 though lot them have gone up last 3 weeks. Ended up with over $4000 in reductions last 2 months on Brilliance, Jewel, and 2 Vision Bookings for sailings Nov2020-Nov2021, Some the savings was Military/Veteran Discounts on multiple dates

14 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Old days Feb was one of the Cheapest months to Cruise, went 7 out of 8 yrs 1996-2003 for that reason. Plus got the extra Fed Holiday day off and my kids had Mid-Winter Break off school same week. Jewel and Brilliance has/had some really inexpensive Cruises Fall20-Fall21 though lot them have gone up last 3 weeks. Ended up with over $4000 in reductions last 2 months on Brilliance, Jewel, and 2 Vision Bookings for sailings Nov2020-Nov2021, Some the savings was Military/Veteran Discounts on multiple dates

I did notice some went up  though I made one more to lift and shift. Was worth it if I can lift and shift.

I dont know how much they went up before I got the cwc email that I could move to feb jewel which was still a bargain. .. within last 2 weeks. And solo cruise and I'm not military but still good rates.

I got jewel feb 7 and feb 14 b2b, with the perfect day in coco cay. Lol I'm not sure where I'm going to next week. Been there before, done that.

The only one I havent done is panama. The one I want is radiance which is scraped, next oct 2021. None of the others fit into what i already have booked. I havent seen the panama locks. Jewel dec 11 goes to colon panama, and in assume a $350 excursion. Carnival does a actual partial transit where you see the locks up close. 

My brain closed down right now, i cant even stand to look any more so many unknowns. 

I spent 2 1/2 hours today trying to reach loyalty to get emails addressed to me not my slow learning sister. The only person I spoke to said my sister has to call in. I explained she isnt capable of emailing or handling calling in. Rcl has us mixed up. I once tried to explain to my sister  even and odd numbers and ascending and descending numbers in case we got separated onboard. My mom made me stop and said I was pushing her too hard. ... and rcl insists she has to call in and say that is my email, she has no email, she doesnt know what it is, she cant call in and fix this.  She can hardly finish a sentence and not lose her train of thought due to epilepsy and rcl says she has to call in to say it's not her email. Makes me feel rcl doesnt care about me that i cant get sales emails and stuff addressed to me. I'm to the pt I dont want to think about rcl right now. I actually called back for another hour plus. They say only loyalty desk maybe can fix this. Customer service says it's a glitch they cant fix.

I'm just going to be happy with what I booked and try again some other day. Hours and hours on hold dont help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Yes, it is better not to stress over getting the best deal.  Get a good value and be happy!  So far I have not booked Galveston, but still considering....

I booked up all the good deals, none left for you sorry.

Though I will say the feb 7th 2021 seems to be popular among a group I'm in, perfect day at the beach cruise. Goor price imo. Jan same thing but a little higher, feb seems to have all the deals.

I found a couple of liberty solo sailings in oct 2021, about $100 off the full 200% for solos. I guess too late in 2021 to lift and shift. 

Jan 2022 has allure started at 1091 plus tax (601 pp), with over $100 off for solos  but too close to my other allure, but that jan 2022 is the best price I found on allure. I think I've clicked thru them all. You cant tell until you click, dumb system. The oct 2021 liberty for 801 plus tax starting is the best i found for fall 2021. I still got room for 1 or 2 more. 

Edited by firefly333

8 hours ago, bearette said:

FYI Jewel leaves Galveston March 22 of 2020 since I saw it was mentioned. 16 day transatlantic to Barcelona.

Jewel arrives Nov 2020 TA from Rome and leaves Mar 2021 TA to Barcelona 

On 5/31/2020 at 6:38 AM, ssb said:

Jewel arrives Nov 2020 TA from Rome and leaves Mar 2021 TA to Barcelona 

Oops March 22, 2021, in 2020 Jewel was in Dubai

I was just looking at these March dates because my daughter was all excited over the rocket launch, so I thought I would use my FCC out of Galveston or Cape Canaveral to give her a NASA visit. 

27 minutes ago, bearette said:

Oops March 22, 2021, in 2020 Jewel was in Dubai

I was just looking at these March dates because my daughter was all excited over the rocket launch, so I thought I would use my FCC out of Galveston or Cape Canaveral to give her a NASA visit. 

Jewel just arrived in Southampton... lol I think that's UK. 

20200601_125927107.jpeg

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Jewel just arrived in Southampton... lol I think that's UK. 

20200601_125927107.jpeg

March 2021 Jewel is in Galveston; I wasn't talking about now.

It was doing the Middle East out of Dubai when the pandemic shut down occurred ( I was on it), two cruises later it was transitioning to Europe. It was supposed to do Europe over the summer/fall and then return to the states in the fall to Galveston for Caribbean cruises, that is why it is in Southampton now.  Who knows what the ships will do once they start up again...I have nothing better to do now then look up all this stuff.

36 minutes ago, bearette said:

March 2021 Jewel is in Galveston; I wasn't talking about now.

It was doing the Middle East out of Dubai when the pandemic shut down occurred ( I was on it), two cruises later it was transitioning to Europe. It was supposed to do Europe over the summer/fall and then return to the states in the fall to Galveston for Caribbean cruises, that is why it is in Southampton now.  Who knows what the ships will do once they start up again...I have nothing better to do now then look up all this stuff.

I'm in a jewel group elsewhere and a lot got partial cruises out of exotic ports and I knew was in Dubai. Some are still trying to get refunds straightened out from last march. Some did packages to complicate things. 

So we too have been tracking jewel.

I'm also booked on a b2b on jewel next feb. A whole bunch of us seem to have the perfect day booked on jewel. 

Yes the new Royal Caribbean cruise terminal has been placed on hold for one year.  So as of right now the "scheduled" completion is for Sept 2022.  Since that will delay AllureOTS arrival (as the current terminal cannot hold an Oasis class ship), Galveston asked Royal Caribbean if a Quantum class ship (specifically AnthemOTS) could fit at the current terminal and there has been no mention of a response to that request. 

In response to the OP, we have been on LibertyOTS several times and LOVE that ship.  As mentioned before it is not too big and not too small.  Also mentioned before we like to stay towards the front elevators as the back elevators tend to get fill quite often!  

Hope this helps!

58 minutes ago, JToftheSeas said:

Yes the new Royal Caribbean cruise terminal has been placed on hold for one year.  So as of right now the "scheduled" completion is for Sept 2022.  Since that will delay AllureOTS arrival (as the current terminal cannot hold an Oasis class ship), Galveston asked Royal Caribbean if a Quantum class ship (specifically AnthemOTS) could fit at the current terminal and there has been no mention of a response to that request. 

In response to the OP, we have been on LibertyOTS several times and LOVE that ship.  As mentioned before it is not too big and not too small.  Also mentioned before we like to stay towards the front elevators as the back elevators tend to get fill quite often!  

Hope this helps!

Hahahahaha I just read another poster yesterday who told me no worries, terminal 2 can handle allure. Not knowing anyone personally, I'm just listening to some say yes, some say no. And both sure they are right. 

I would love allure but keeping my expectations lowered.