Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
mame42

Dumb FCC Question

What happens when an FCC is applied to a booking, but the passenger cancels the booking for whatever reason?

37 minutes ago, mame42 said:

What happens when an FCC is applied to a booking, but the passenger cancels the booking for whatever reason?

I don’t think that is a dumb question.  I’ve been wondering the same thing myself since things are in so much flux right now.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, kazu said:

I don’t think that is a dumb question.  I’ve been wondering the same thing myself since things are in so much flux right now.

It depends on when it was issued, before making my choice the T&C were

The deadline for making your selection online is June 1, 2020. If you do not respond by June 1st, you will be deemed to have elected the respective Option #1 above. Please note, guests who select option 1 may cancel the future cruise credit at any time and the value, less the 25% bonus amount and US$250 onboard credit per person, will be refunded. Most airlines and other travel-related services such as hotels, transportation, and tours are allowing refunds or waiving change fees due to the COVID-19 pandemic; please work directly with those operators regarding their charges.

Please note that due to the unprecedented volume of bookings impacted by cancellations, processing your election of Option 1 or 2 may take up to 60 days as our team works through each booking. Should you have any questions, please contact us at the

A-

Edited by AlanF65

2 hours ago, mame42 said:

We asked our PCC the same question because we put our FCC towards a January cruise (hoping it goes but who knows?)  He said the FCC would be put towards a later cruise of your choice.

11 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

We asked our PCC the same question because we put our FCC towards a January cruise (hoping it goes but who knows?)  He said the FCC would be put towards a later cruise of your choice.

Good to know.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you for the answer 🙂 

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

What happens when you apply a FCC to a cruise, and that cruise gets cancelled does the exploretion of the FCC get extended????

Another excellent question.

3 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

What happens when you apply a FCC to a cruise, and that cruise gets cancelled does the exploretion of the FCC get extended????

To be sure I would ask my TA or PCC, but this is taken from the terms and conditions of our FCC:  "While the credit is valid until December 31, 2021, please note that it needs only to be applied to the new booking by that time; the cruise does not need to depart within this timeframe."