Immune System for cruise ships?

BlerkOne

That interview is  a total nothing.  The Vikand rep does not say anything about the product except that it is wonderful but he really does not present any hard evidence or data that it actually works.  A pure puff piece of nothingness.  When I tried to open up the company WEB site to check them out, my Malware program told me that it was a dangerous and that I should not open it.

DON

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

That interview is  a total nothing.  The Vikand rep does not say anything about the product except that it is wonderful but he really does not present any hard evidence or data that it actually works.  A pure puff piece of nothingness.  When I tried to open up the company WEB site to check them out, my Malware program told me that it was a dangerous and that I should not open it.

DON

I think you googled the wrong site.

This is them:

https://vikand.com/

..." onward and upward ...."   I like this guy's attitude.  Wonder if vikand is able to install this technology on older cruise ships 

Edited by c-boy

6 hours ago, c-boy said:

..." onward and upward ...."   I like this guy's attitude.  Wonder if Vikand is able to install this technology on older cruise ships 

It would appear to be.  However, the site does not offer any links to actual data based studies of the proposed efficacy of the system.  What I would like to see is data showing the bacteria/virus load entering the Vikand unit, to see if there is actually a baseline amount of detectable bacteria/viruses being taken into the HVAC system.  I would also like to see what the "carry" distance of the proposed surface sanitizing is, in real life, finding the distance from the closest HVAC register to a surface, and the log10 reduction in pathogens over time both with and without the Vikand system in operation.  They really should, given that they are claiming public health solutions to link to peer reviewed case studies.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the tech has been evolving over the years and no doubt  covid 19 has spurred new and exciting developments 

http://www.hydroxylnews.com/hydroxyl-news/understanding-how-new-indoor-air-treatment-systems-optimize-indoor-environmental-quality-and-safety/

I might but one of these for my fall out shelter built in 1960

22 minutes ago, c-boy said:

the tech has been evolving over the years and no doubt  covid 19 has spurred new and exciting developments 

http://www.hydroxylnews.com/hydroxyl-news/understanding-how-new-indoor-air-treatment-systems-optimize-indoor-environmental-quality-and-safety/

I might but one of these for my fall out shelter built in 1960

The article is from 2015...hardly an example of COVID-19 spurring "new and exciting developments". It's not a peer-reviewed scientific paper, but rather a promotional piece for the manufacturer of a brand of equipment named Odorox.