MSC Ships returning to Europe?

dritan

Hi all

I wondered if anyone has any intel on whether MSC ships currently in the Caribbean are going to be heading Back to Europe any times soon.  I have a short Preziosa cruise booked at the end of Aug from Hamburg but she's been shored up in Ocean Cay for some time  

To be honest, I 'm not too concerned if the cruise is cancelled but I will need to re adjust leave plans with my work.

Any thoughts?  

Ta

Me and my friends were booked on the April Mini Preziosa Cruise from Hamburg to Southampton and now have the FCC from it being cancelled. Was thinking about applying it to the August sailing of the same itinerary too, but just can't be certain things will be sorted by then. So will sit tight for now.

We are interested in this as well.. Will -for example--The Meraviglia- sail empty to the EU for late summer cruises and a fall TA...

or will she stay in OC ? Will new Meraviglia sailings be posted? We really like her and would prefer her over Seaside

That little Preziosa cruise is tempting if it happens.  Based in the UK ( and if we are allowed in) we don't need to be reliant on flights to get to Hamburg - can get there via Eurostar and train if necessary.  Hope there will be movement soon. 

• Like 1

I think Grandiosa is moored in Civitavechia and Divina is headed there.

T.UI cruises have said their 3,000 passenger plus Mein Schiff operation are likely to have around 1,000 passengers per sailing initially, something to think about!

6 hours ago, goaliemn said:

I'm assuming many have cancelled so it maybe at a reduced passenger load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I doubt it has anything to do with cancellations and everything to do with social distancing, the Scientists will be the ones who decide when cruising begins again a fact not gone unnoticed by the head of Carnival.

I think Divinia arrived into the Med, yes? near Gibraltar?

Someone told me that the EU is going to block US folks from the EU "because of covid" (((which is laughable given per capita--given world-wide travel) like wth

Anyway-- 

does anyone have a gut check on when we sail (carib) or med/

On 5/31/2020 at 12:48 AM, sidari said:

I think Grandiosa is moored in Civitavechia and Divina is headed there.

T.UI cruises have said their 3,000 passenger plus Mein Schiff operation are likely to have around 1,000 passengers per sailing initially, something to think about!

On 6/1/2020 at 10:52 PM, Fogfog said:

I think Divinia arrived into the Med, yes? near Gibraltar?

Someone told me that the EU is going to block US folks from the EU "because of covid" (((which is laughable given per capita--given world-wide travel) like wth

Anyway-- 

does anyone have a gut check on when we sail (carib) or med/

Seabourn have a scheduled plan from late October through mid/late-November, for each ship, which I believe may answer the Caribbean question. My gut would guess the Caribbean winter season will be 'go' once the hurricane season is done, the last thing the cruiselines need is a hurricane in the mix with COVID-19.

Sadly, I think cruising will not be back early enough for the Med to have the beautiful late summer/autumn season this year. Although MSC sail there through winter season, that's not for us!

Edited by hamrag