Caribbean Princess Negative Comments

Tedferg

6 minutes ago, lynn2002 said:

am trying another Princess Cruise on the Sky Princess over this coming Christmas/New Year and hope we don't have the same problems as I had travelled with my teenage daughter and meal times (and off the ship) were the only times we spent together

so, did you choose early or late Traditional set dining time for your upcoming cruise ?

On 6/1/2020 at 12:28 PM, Neonch said:

I sailed on Caribbean Princess in April of 2019 for my kids spring break.  My wife and I are late thirties and we traveled with another couple and their children.   I only mention ages and time of year as I think that could change perspective.  I thought it was just OK.  Given other options, I would not pick that ship again.  We sailed on Regal and loved it.  We have also been on numerous Royal ships. 

We found it very difficult to get seats for a show without showing up over a half hour earlier.  The older folks on board didn't seem to mind lining up super early.  Showing up 15 minutes early was not enough to get in on numerous shows.  I also thought the buffet was not nearly as good as what we had experienced on Regal. We also had the same opinion of the dinning room.  Kids club was awesome though.  

Edited by tere247
Not meant to respond to this post

I sailed Caribbean Princess last year for 7 days and didn't notice any over  crowding. We always get to the shows early so no problem finding a seat. Have another Caribbean Princess cruise planned for December. Beautiful ship

Personally, I'd sail Caribbean again anytime.  We've sailed her 3 times.  British Isles and 2x TA's.  

However, there is no denying the additional passengers that come with Rivera deck create a burden especially in places like ATD and the Princess theater.  

We much prefer TD, late seating ideally or, cost permitting, Club Class.  Either of these solve the dining problem.  The theater challenge remains, but isn't much of an impact on us, we can take or leave most of the large shows.  If you LOVE ATD and big shows, this probably isn't the ship for you.

All in all we consider Caribbean one of our favorites, just below Grand and Coral.  Still a good distance ahead of Royal and her cousins.

• Like 1

We sailed on the Caribbean P three times for a total of 59 nights in 2016-17 and obviously like the ship.  As for eating upstairs in the evening:  the side that doesn't do Planks/Steamers has the usual cafeteria-type eating, which worked out well for us.  Especially since there's lots of room because either people aren't aware of it or don't want to eat dinner up there.  As we like to do the show and other night-time activities, we don't want to spend a lot of time eating.

Edited by BarbinMich