A LONGER LAYOVER TIME BETWEEN SAILINGS

Spif Barwunkel

On 5/31/2020 at 5:26 AM, BigAl94 said:

As corona virus can survive on surfaces for up to 72 hours, a three day gap between sailings seems a very sensible way to go initially.

Yes indeed.  You should also wear a mask at all times walking alone in the woods, there might be a stray particle of virus floating around out there.  And be sure to sanitize your hands if you touch a tree, someone else may have touched it in the last 72 hours..

Edited by bouhunter
  • Haha 2

On 5/31/2020 at 5:26 AM, BigAl94 said:

As corona virus can survive on surfaces for up to 72 hours, a three day gap between sailings seems a very sensible way to go initially.

There was an initial study reported by CDC and news outlets very early on (March, Diamond Princess) that picked up fragments of the virus RNA genome by the very sensitive PCR technique at 17 days on some surfaces.  But not actual viable whole virus.  Many studies and the CDC now confirm that surface transmission of the virus is not a primary mode.  In limited cases it could happen.  If somebody infected sneezed on a door handle right before you touched it and then you touched your face without washing your hands you might become infected.  But the viable infectious dose of virus on most surfaces goes down pretty rapidly.  Just wash your hands!  That door handle could have been deep cleaned by the crew right before the person sneezed on it.  You just never know.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Yes indeed.  You should also wear a mask at all times walking alone in the woods, there might be a stray particle of virus floating around out there.  And be sure to sanitize your hands if you touch a tree, someone else may have touched it in the last 72 hours..

That's a " Good One " !!!! 

Just yesterday  I hit a beautiful drive , must have been easily 410 ( ???? ) off the tee , and my ball hit a tree and dropped behind it , blocking a clear shot to the green. I declared a " potential virus on the ball rule ", picked up the ball , cleaned it, and all of a sudden , I had a clear shot directly at the green.  

Sure beats reading page 92 of " When will we cruise again " speculations .

• Like 1