FCC expire may 28, 2021??

5 minutes ago, JoJo1008 said:

That's what they're saying but nobody is sure yet. 

I tried to call earlier today around 1030 this morning and was told the wait time for that dept had a wait time over 2.5 hours.   Sounds like alot of other people got this may 2021 date too.  Will try another day.

Same.  Just got email 2 am EST on Sunday morning 5/31, FCC exp. 5/28.  

I cancelled 3/14 for our 6/20/20 prior to final payment. 

Its actually less than 12 months expiration date. Ridiculous.

Please post if anyone gets clarification. 

We cancelled on March 6 but because our sailing was on March 7 they said tough.  We got a doctors note and they gave us a 1 year FCC which expires next March.   I am nervous that next March will be safe for my wife with multiple risk factors.

9 hours ago, JoJo1008 said:

That's what they're saying but nobody is sure yet. 

I tried to call earlier today around 1030 this morning and was told the wait time for that dept had a wait time over 2.5 hours.   Sounds like alot of other people got this may 2021 date too.  Will try another day.

I just phoned guest experience management at 1.800.256.6649 and it was explained that the fccs I received for the August cruises I cancelled prior to final payment that all had NRDs were issued based on 12 months from date of issue but I can sail with them up thru april 2022 just have to have cruise booked by may 28 2021.  

I was told just make sure I save my original booking numbers for those cruises and to mention they were part of the exemption program.

I feel much better knowing I can use for sailings later than may 2021.

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just phoned guest experience management at 1.800.256.6649 and it was explained that the fccs I received for the August cruises I cancelled prior to final payment that all had NRDs were issued based on 12 months from date of issue but I can sail with them up thru april 2022 just have to have cruise booked by may 28 2021.  

I was told just make sure I save my original booking numbers for those cruises and to mention they were part of the exemption program.

I feel much better knowing I can use for sailings later than may 2021.

That still makes no sense as people who cancelled before May 28 have received the same FCC Expiry date.  

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That still makes no sense as people who cancelled before May 28 have received the same FCC Expiry date.  

I cancelled one baltic cruise on may 10th and my norway cruise on may 18th and received the first 2 fccs the afternoon of may 28th and the other 2 fccs the middle of the night  technically may 29th.  He said it was because we had a NRD and did not make our final payment that was due on the 10th and 18th for our b2b europe cruise.    Apparently the date of expiration is based on date the fcc was issued.   

Curious to see what others have to say when they call.  We know rcl reps all give out different reasons and some get different results.  

At least I can use for any sailing up thru april 2022 just have to book by may 28 2021.  That will work for me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JoJo1008 said:

Thank you! I emailed our TA on March 16th to cancel our reservation. If we can't use the $500 on a July 2021 cruise we're done with Royal. 

I cancelled our April 12th cruise, one day prior to the announcement and got 50% refund returned to our CC.  To our surprise, we got the other 50% less the $100 N/R deposit cancellation fee as an FCC with an expiration date of 12/31/2021.

16 hours ago, JoJo1008 said:

I got through in under 10 minutes but the customer service rep had to contact the Future Cruise Desk. That took 90 minutes on hold only to be told that when we cancelled in March for our July 15 cruise the Future Cruise Credit was only good for 12 months from issue (ours says May 28). I will let our TA sort this out but if they stick to the May 28 expiration date I will eat the $500 deposit and cruise with someone else in July 2021. 

That makes no sense.

We cancelled on March 10th for a cruise that was due to depart on March 15th (had we known they would suspend operations on March 13th we would have hung in for a full refund). 

We were issued our FCC's on March 26th. Here is the "small print" on that email: 

Just a heads up on some important information regarding FCCs:

• Please know, your credit is based on the penalty amount held on your cancelled reservation. If you see a lower value, you may have had a rate that lowered your cruise fare like our Kids Sail Free promotion or other BOGO offers.
  • Valid on bookings created on or after March 6, 2020 and existing bookings not yet paid to full.
  • Any booking made using the Cruise with Confidence FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before December 31, 2021.
  • If the Cruise With Confidence FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
  • Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation, including claiming through our travel protection. 
  • If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • The Cruise with Confidence FCC cannot be redeemed to repurchase the same sailing where the original booking cancelled.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

Judging by the responses so far from Royal, they seem to be making a distinction if the cancellation was before final payment was made. I do not believe the CWC program has that distinction. 

I would be interested in some people’s results of a cruise cancelled before FP that received their FCC weeks ago. What was their expiration date. 

I am getting  emotionally prepared to call today 😳.

mac_tlc

15 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Judging by the responses so far from Royal, they seem to be making a distinction if the cancellation was before final payment was made. I do not believe the CWC program has that distinction. 

I would be interested in some people’s results of a cruise cancelled before FP that received their FCC weeks ago. What was their expiration date. 

mac_tlc

Call this number 1.800.256.6649 as it goes direct to guest service management do not make any of the selection options just stay on call and I had someone answer immediately.  Make sure you have your cruise booking number not the certificate number.

Curious to see if you are told the same info.  Make sure to ask if you can book by may 2021 but sail after that date.  

Let us know how you do. Good luck!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

I know someone on the same exact cruise that did not make final payment and got the Dec 2021 date. I had the supervisor make this whack claim yesterday as well that NRD are treated differently under CWC I argued that you aren't even applying your made up policy consistently, it's a joke.

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I cancelled one baltic cruise on may 10th and my norway cruise on may 18th and received the first 2 fccs the afternoon of may 28th and the other 2 fccs the middle of the night  technically may 29th.  He said it was because we had a NRD and did not make our final payment that was due on the 10th and 18th for our b2b europe cruise.    Apparently the date of expiration is based on date the fcc was issued.   

Curious to see what others have to say when they call.  We know rcl reps all give out different reasons and some get different results.  

At least I can use for any sailing up thru april 2022 just have to book by may 28 2021.  That will work for me.

I would also never accept a verbal from them, the fine print clearly says must cruise by the expiration date not book by. These CSR will say anything to get you off the phone.

34 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Straight from their website FAQ

Q : How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by this policy update?
A : Non-Refundable Deposit bookings sailing on-or-before April 30th, 2022 are eligible for the Cruise with Confidence Policy and follow the same guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, guests with a Non-Refundable Deposit bookings that wish to change to a different ship or sail date can do so with no fee assessed prior to August 1, 2020 - the change fee will be waived.

4 hours ago, Esmerelda said:

I had cancelled my May 24 cruise on April 5.  I just checked my FCC, it expires on 12/31/21.  

You had already made a final payment for that cruise correct?

The problem we are having is due to having a NRD and we cancelled the day final payment was due on 2 cruises for our b2b.

They are saying this does not fall within the cwc program since we did not pay cruise fare we only paid a deposit.

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

The problem we are having is due to having a NRD and we cancelled the day final payment was due on 2 cruises for our b2b.

They are saying this does not fall within the cwc program since we did not pay cruise fare we only paid a deposit.

That's BS, I personally know of folks who cancelled the same cruise as me at the same time before final payment and got 12/31/2021 expiration dates. So they aren't even applying their made up policy consistently. It's an IT error and they don't know what to do, don't have the pwoer to, or are unwilling to to anything.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 4:56 PM, JoJo1008 said:

Can I ask what date you originally cancelled your 4 cruises?

March 10, and we received these FCC credits on the first two cruises on March 19.

FCC.JPG

Edited by orville99

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If it didn't fall under the CWC then you would have also paid a $100 pp fee which you didn't.  The agents are just making s*** up because they don't know the answer

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If it didn't fall under the CWC then you would have also paid a $100 pp fee which you didn't.  The agents are just making s*** up because they don't know the answer

You are one of the most helpful posters here and i mean that honestly! It sucks because we all know this is the real answer and it is heart wrenching feeling so helpless with literally no recourse. I am going to let it wait a week and pray that some kind of memo goes out to the call centers that they fix what is clearly an error. I get it and am trying to be understanding, we are in the middle of a pandemic and management doesn't even know if they have enough cashflow to be viable in 6 months, let alone care about my FCC error, hock it up to the we'll get to that sh*t if we do if not I can't be bothered right now.... sucks to be on the losing end of it.

4 minutes ago, lurkmaster said:

You are one of the most helpful posters here and i mean that honestly! It sucks because we all know this is the real answer and it is heart wrenching feeling so helpless with literally no recourse. I am going to let it wait a week and pray that some kind of memo goes out to the call centers that they fix what is clearly an error. I get it and am trying to be understanding, we are in the middle of a pandemic and management doesn't even know if they have enough cashflow to be viable in 6 months, let alone care about my FCC error, hock it up to the we'll get to that sh*t if we do if not I can't be bothered right now.... sucks to be on the losing end of it.

It's unfortunate that I can't even ask some of my contacts because the first thing that they will ask me for is a FCC number for one of my affected clients and I don't have any.

I will submit the question on tomorrows webinar for Vicki Freed