Apex / Edge Cabin 10188

Bruin Steve

So, we've finally been able to move our 2020 bookings to 2021...

...and the first moved cruise is on the Apex (I put Edge in the title here since no one, as of yet, has actually experienced the Apex)...

Anyway, our booking is currently for a Concierge 2 cabin--#10188...

The booking was completed early this morning by our TA...so we didn't really choose this cabin, they did--I assume because they know we prefer, generally, to be midship and not directly below the pool deck...

BUT, with the Apex, I have a specific new question:  Will there be a problem with this cabin being, apparently, very close to the "Magic Carpet"??

Or should we ask to move to one of the C2s further forward on 10 or 11?

I hate to bother my TA right now as she's so stressed and the hold times waiting to even talk to Celebrity are SO long...

The Celebrity Edge: A Tour of the New Pinnacle of Cruise Ship Design

Okay, found some photos...

We would be the fourth cabin to the left of the "bracket" on deck 10 (second deck up from that bottom left corner on this photo, but a couple of cabins off the left edge of the photo...

It looks like the Magic Carpet extends to where the left edge of the MC is right at that fourth column of cabins...

So, it seems that every time they raise or lower the MC, the end of it would pass in front of our balcony...Otherwise, the thing is always stationed up on Deck 14--so, three decks above--or Decks 5 or lower, 5-8 decks below.  I imagine those stationary positions won't have much effect on 10188 at all...and everyone aft of the MC can't look straight forward without the brackets a little in the way...and, with the design of these Edge ships, it seems like these cabins are almost more like OVs with windows that open rather than the feel of an old-fashioned balcony where you feel like your protruding from the side of the ship (Of course I don't know since I've yet to experience the new design).

So, it may just boil down to the number of times per day they move the MC...and when...and, if it causes any noise issues...

Otherwise, it may just be an interesting extra "show"...

Anyone out there who's actually cruised in one of these cabins?