Celebrity Silhouette -Cabin 8342?

FraserK

We were in #8340 Silhouette last December - adjoins to cabin #8342.   These 2 cabins are located behind a key entry hallway.  Quiet - no noise from any direction.  Aft cabins have a great view of wake.  You may find a little soot on chairs depending on wind direction - stewards will look after it during their daily clean-up.

I usually start here when shopping for a cabin.  Then I move on to youtube to see if there are any videos on my cabin of interest.  Often times, if the cabin you're seeking isn't shown on one ship, it will come up on a sister ship.

Here's a youtube of your cabin on the Eclipse (a sister ship).  Should give you some idea.

3 hours ago, FraserK said:

First time looking at Celebrity and wondered if anyone had any experience in cabin 8342 they would like to share with me please?

Thanks

Kat

Just for your info...not sure where you're travelling... I watched the you tube video...be careful re 'Kettle on the counter'.. not allowed on US, Canada, or Caribbean cruises.

3 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

We were in #8340 Silhouette last December - adjoins to cabin #8342.   These 2 cabins are located behind a key entry hallway.  Quiet - no noise from any direction.  Aft cabins have a great view of wake.  You may find a little soot on chairs depending on wind direction - stewards will look after it during their daily clean-up.

We're going to be in 8340 on Silhouette in January.  Where are the poles located in this corner aft?  And did you have any problems with the window cleaning equipment outside the side window? Any other information you could give me would be greatly appreciated!  TIA!

2 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We're going to be in 8340 on Silhouette in January.  Where are the poles located in this corner aft?  And did you have any problems with the window cleaning equipment outside the side window? Any other information you could give me would be greatly appreciated!  TIA!

No problem with poles, other than I never mastered the art of pole dancing...LOL...DH a little disappointed.  Seriously, one was to the right bottom side of the bed -  which I walked into first night in the dark...second was to the left of the sofa (walking in from the door).  No window washing equipment in front of our balcony...it was to the left beside the first cabin on the starboard side and didn't impede any view from #8340 or any aft cabins.  Balcony is longer and kind of arced, rather than wide...lots of room for table, 2 chairs and a lounge...never asked for another one but probably would fit.  No noise..never heard our neighbours in #8342...maybe on their honeymoon...whichever number.  Butler very attentive ...however, we never asked for much or anything maybe.  We're easy and like to do for ourselves.  Asked DH to fetch the coffee & pastrie(S) in the AM so he's my butler I guess.  First day our butler asked what we would like him to attend to.. we said coffee in the morning would be nice.  He said....sure...what time....we said, how about 5AM??  His face dropped but was willing to oblige....LOL.  We think he was relieved when we told him we were kidding!  Anyway, you'll love the location and the walk aft if you're fit.  I think the Silhouette might have been Edgified now...not sure, with Covid being an issue.  You'll also love the space in the closet(s)...shelves beside the hanging garment area...lots of room to indulge if you're fashionistas.  Enjoy...after all of us being 'isolated' it'll be a pleasure to sail again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Enjoy...after all of us being 'isolated' it'll be a pleasure to sail again.

Thank you so much for the helpful information!  I was a little worried about having a Sky Suite on Deck 12, because we've had Deck 12 Aft on Reflection and the noise from the OVC outdoor area was loud every morning around 6 am (we're not super early risers).  It sounded like scraping chairs as they probably rearranged everything from the day before.  Didn't want to deal with that again, so booked this corner aft on Deck 8.  Was the extra door to get to your cabin ever an issue?

2 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Thank you so much for the helpful information!  I was a little worried about having a Sky Suite on Deck 12, because we've had Deck 12 Aft on Reflection and the noise from the OVC outdoor area was loud every morning around 6 am (we're not super early risers).  It sounded like scraping chairs as they probably rearranged everything from the day before.  Didn't want to deal with that again, so booked this corner aft on Deck 8.  Was the extra door to get to your cabin ever an issue?

No infact it's nice being behind the second set of doors. Extremely quiet especially if you're on the end unit. Best balcony view on any X ship

3 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

No...it felt private....just 2 cabins have access...this one and #8342, which is why it's a adjoined...better for a family if that's what a cruiser is looking for;  otherwise, no problem at all...butler has an entry key so he may just pop around when least expected.  We've avoided the sky suites on 12 as well...too much opportunity for some noise from some where.  On 8 corner it's really peaceful.  No telling who will have a party though - up, down, or sideways - so can't vouch for the unpredictable...LOL.

• 10 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 9:36 PM, pumpkin 11 said:

No infact it's nice being behind the second set of doors. Extremely quiet especially if you're on the end unit. Best balcony view on any X ship

I've booked this cabin plus 8340 Sky Suite for my family (parents in Suite and kids 9 & 6 in 8342). (we have 8347 for ourselves.)

All the deck plans I have found only have generic schematics and various videos I have found do not show how the cabins connect. From your comment I think I understand that the two cabins are approached via an additional door creating a lobby for the two cabins. Is this the method of interconnection and, if so, can the inner doors be kept open at night to allow the kids to get to mum & dad?  Photographs would be wonderful - thanks. 

3 hours ago, Kernow Man said:

I've booked this cabin plus 8340 Sky Suite for my family (parents in Suite and kids 9 & 6 in 8342). (we have 8347 for ourselves.)

All the deck plans I have found only have generic schematics and various videos I have found do not show how the cabins connect. From your comment I think I understand that the two cabins are approached via an additional door creating a lobby for the two cabins. Is this the method of interconnection and, if so, can the inner doors be kept open at night to allow the kids to get to mum & dad?  Photographs would be wonderful - thanks. 

At the end of the corridor you turn to the left...that door opens to a small 'lobby' with a door to #8342 on the right and a door to #8340 directly ahead.  Once inside the lobby the door behind you closes and locks.  I suppose the two cabin doors could be propped open (they have auto type closures) so the little ones have access to both rooms.  My only concern would be the butler entering at will or early in the AM.  On the first day you could communicate your concern and the fact the cabin doors will be open.  He/she will help you from there.  Perhaps the butler has a way of closing off the balcony door on the kids' room so they don't have access when you're not with them?  No pics, sorry but maybe some on YouTube.