It's June 1st, 2 months until Carnival sail again on Aug 1st...

NavyCruiser

2 months to go....

Weather in Galveston & Miami close to 90 degrees & getting hotter.

We're on the downward side of the curve & States starting to re-open.

Retail stores & Restaurants reopens to 50% capacities.

Things getting better week by week.... so hopefully in 8 weeks, we'll be sailing again...

• Like 22

Arnold Donald has clarified that the Aug. 1st date isn't set in stone. He said there appeared to be some confusion and many people thought that was going to be THE date, but in reality it can still change. We're not booked until January, but I'm rooting for them to start up in Aug. as planned. He also said that when that August date was announced, bookings for August alone went through the roof, so people are definitely ready to get back to cruising. Here's to hoping it works out this time.

• Like 2

It would be great to see some cruises starting. I think we need some positive events to look forward to. We have thought about buying an RV to have a destination for vacation, however cruising is so much more appealing. Cruising is such a great escape. I hope we all realize it is going to take some time to totally understand the virus, so keeping fingers crossed that we can carefully return to more normal life. Our biggest problem with cruising is the rules are work has placed on cruising, seems excessive....

fingers crossed!

Will be watching what Carnival does in August with much interest.  Eight weeks isn't a long time when you think about how long it took to get the crew off and home.  Will the ships be ready by then?  DH says they will but I'm more of the wait and see mind set.

I think the limited startup with a few Carnival branded ships from Florida and Texas will be the testing plan for new working methods for the whole Carnival corporation, the guinea pigs. The dates may get pushed back or new temporary stops to operations put in place, but I think the basic plan is sound.

I am willing to be "tested" on in September on Elation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Where does P&O sail?  What is their guest demographic?  

They are the Brit version of Carnival, they sail the Caribbean and rest of the world.  I really have no idea on guest demographics other than mainly European. 

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Will be watching what Carnival does in August with much interest.  Eight weeks isn't a long time when you think about how long it took to get the crew off and home.  Will the ships be ready by then?  DH says they will but I'm more of the wait and see mind set.

The ships may be ready.....and "new protocols" may be ready.  But, I doubt that the product offered will be what I enjoy on a cruise.  

Reviews of early sailings will be very interesting.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The ships may be ready.....and "new protocols" may be ready.  But, I doubt that the product offered will be what I enjoy on a cruise.  

Remains to be seen if they get to cruise, but I agree that I am very interested to read reviews.  We will see. 

3 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I think the only deal breaker for me will be mandatory face masks.  Social distancing, buffets being converted to cafeteria style, more hand washing and th like is all ok with me.  Our cruise is scheduled for August 29th. There will be at least 5 cruises before us. I'm glad we wont be on the first couple. 

• Like 5

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Remains to be seen if they get to cruise, but I agree that I am very interested to read reviews.  We will see. 

I have a very strong feeling that the reviews may not reflect the reality.  If anyone is so determined to sail, despite all the warnings, he/she will rationalize "what a great trip" it was.

• Like 1

You will get a straight up review from me, no worries lol

4 DAY BAHAMAS CRUISE
CARNIVAL ELATION: September 10, 2020
Total: $937.28
Stateroom: Suite #G12

BTW plenty of these cabins available.

Edited by quattrohead
added details
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I couldn't agree more!  I will be actively following the reviews when the begin again!

28 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I have a very strong feeling that the reviews may not reflect the reality.  If anyone is so determined to sail, despite all the warnings, he/she will rationalize "what a great trip" it was.

I don't believe you're right, at least for all of us. I want to go as soon as possible, and I will give honest reviews. You can take it to the bank. But, I'm like ButterBean in that Face Mask Mandates is a deal killer for me too. 

I think that even the CDC has finally admitted that wearing masks is not a solution. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I just read a news feed and found that some EU leaders might extend the limitations up to October. I doubt anyone would like to travel, especially to Europe if the limitations will remain. Most importantly it concerns Germany and the UK and their major port hubs. I doubt we will have good time cruising anytime soon 

32 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

If it is their view, is that not reality?  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Roger88 said:

I just read a news feed and found that some EU leaders might extend the limitations up to October. I doubt anyone would like to travel, especially to Europe if the limitations will remain. Most importantly it concerns Germany and the UK and their major port hubs. I doubt we will have good time cruising anytime soon 

It appears that P&O agree with you.  That said, that brings us to October, if that is what you meant by anything soon (in Europe) I would agree.  If you meant something else, well.... we will see.   

35 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Fyi, If I make it on our cruise on August 2nd, you'll get a full and honest review, no need to water it down even though I'm one of those people you mention who are determined to sail.

• Like 5

I am sailing on the Horizon in August so I have my fingers crossed, however with 6 or 7 trips cancelled so far this year, I am skeptical. But I will defiantly be doing a review/vlog if the cruise happens.

We can speculate all we want, but at this time, the only one thing we know for sure is: that we don't know what will happen in August and beyond. 

I can picture my group flying to Florida, getting to the cruise terminal, and then them announcing that the cruise is cancelled right before we board. (Didn't that happen to folks when cruises paused in March?) So I have a billion back up plans and trip insurance to try to cover the unknown. The world is so uncertain right now. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

Edited by tybrkr17
  • Like 7

Being from Houston, an hour away from Galveston port, so no flights no hotels to deal with pre-cruise.  Getting on the Dream Aug 22, when it's 100 degrees & 1000% humidity, heading to even a hotter Cozumel should be fun.  So after 3 weeks of operations, hopefully Carnival will have the kinks worked out by then... ;)

Now you go back to the 29.5 minutes of doom & gloom 30 minute News Channel....

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Being from Houston, an hour away from Galveston port, so no flights no hotels to deal with pre-cruise.  Getting on the Dream Aug 22, when it's 100 degrees & 1000% humidity, heading to even a hotter Cozumel should be fun.  So after 3 weeks of operations, hopefully Carnival will have the kinks worked out by then... 😉

Now you go back to the 29.5 minutes of doom & gloom 30 minute News Channel....

That why I'm not booked until october, I dont think it's fun to cruise in summer. I'm a winter cruiser. 

I'd love to go, I'm really torn but I know how hot august can be around even labor day. I'd like to go just because of the doom and gloomers posts. They make me want to do the opposite. I may jump on a last minute yet. Idk if I can wait until oct 4th.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

People have different experiences all the time. That isn’t rationalizing, that is their reality. For example, several years ago we met several couples on a cruise on Vista that we spent a lot of time with, had a great time with and still keep in touch with them. One of these couples we have cruised with again multiple times on Carnival. Another one of these couples stated they will never go on another Carnival cruise again so we have to go on another cruise line (RCI) to cruise with them.  

• Like 3