It's June 1st, 2 months until Carnival sail again on Aug 1st...

NavyCruiser

On 6/6/2020 at 11:27 PM, BlerkOne said:

While you were sleeping....

Cruising has restarted...

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/first-cruise-ship-resumes-sailing/

Here's some more info on their (nikoVision/Scylla cruise) protocols onboard - JMO I don't have any problems with them but YMMV 😁😁

Guest embarkation

• Scylla requests its tour operators to investigate the whereabouts and physical health of guests before boarding the ship by means of a questionnaire.

• Scylla AG requires a pre-boarding statement from the tour operator confirming the validated health checks for all passengers participating in the journey, ensuring all passengers being fit to travel.

• Only registered guests and crew are allowed to enter the ship, after performing safety/health checks such as measurement of body temperature and hand disinfecting.

• In case elevated temperature is measured, the passenger will not be allowed on board until the potential risk of a passenger has been defined by the local health authorities.

• Embarkation is arranged with respect for social distance and adapted procedures minimize the interaction between guests and crew.

• Every step of the check-in procedure is being revised to have a contactless experience.

• The main safety rules will be communicated to guests (verbal and in writing) before entering the ship the first time.

• The use of plastic screens and other protective gear is used for embarkation steps that require interaction.

• Before embarkation, the entire ship, including cabins is being cleaned/disinfected and ventilated.

Guest interaction on board

• The use of mouth masks is mandatory onboard when walking around.

• Respect for 1,5-meter social distance or compliance with local guidelines with regards to social distancing is guaranteed and clearly communicated onboard.

• General safety measures such as coughing hygiene are requested and clearly communicated on board.

• When needed, meals and activities are being arranged in time slots to lower the used capacity of communal areas.

• When spaces do not allow social distancing, one-way movements are being installed and clear routing is defined onboard to exclude crossings without a safe interpersonal distance.

• All meals are being served and no buffet services are offered.

Onboard services and facilities

• A doctor accompanies journeys to preform health checks with crew and guests, for onboard consultations and to assess the potential risks on a frequent basis.

• Quick tests for COVID-19 are available onboard. These can be used by the accompanying doctor in case of suspected risk.

• The temperature of every guest is being measured on a daily basis.

• Clear signage is provided onboard to make guests and crew comply with the defined routing plans.

• Services such as massage, hairdresser for which social distancing is impossible are not available.

• Services with a medium risk of spreading bacteria such as luggage handling are being minimized and performed with adapted procedures to limit risks.

• Facilities with limited space or elevated infection risks such as elevators and public toilets are out of order.

• Our cleaning staff will be taking additional measures in disinfecting surfaces to minimize the spread of bacteria by cleaning handles, staircases, toilets, armrests, guardrails … with cleaning solutions adapted to COVID-19 on an even more frequent basis than is usually done.

• Room service is being stimulated as one of the measures to limit the number of people in the restaurant.

• Non-essential items that would be touched by multiple people are not made available (newspapers/umbrellas/ …)

• No orders can be placed at the bar, all services are based on table services at all times.

• All food and beverages will be served as individual portions with a minimal need for contact between the person serving and the food/drink item.

• Each cabin is being disinfected twice a day, without the presence of the guest. Cabins are cleaned by the same member of the housekeeping staff every time and all members of the housekeeping staff are obliged to wear a face mask and gloves during their activities.

• Al cabins will be provided with a bottle of hand sanitizer.

• Payments can be made by credit card only, except for tips which will be deposited in a tip box.

Crew for hotel and nautical operations

• Every crew member will be officially tested on COVID-19 before boarding.

• The crew arrives onboard days before guests to guarantee a quarantine period, after being questioned about their past whereabouts and current and past health situation.

• Procedures are being put in place to ensure social distance between crew members in sleeping, recreational and mutual areas for the crew.

• All crew is being clearly instructed and trained to ensure compliance with the COVID-19 protocols.

• The onboard crew is obliged to wear protective gear during working hours and when interacting with guests.

• If it is determined by the onboard doctor that there is a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 disease on board, an outbreak management plan will be activated. The suspected case will be immediately instructed to wear a medical mask, follow cough etiquette, and practice hand hygiene; the suspected case will be isolated in a predefined isolation cabin with the door closed. Infection control measures will be applied in accordance with WHO guidance (2, 6). The disembarkation and transfer of the suspected case to an onshore healthcare facility for further assessment and laboratory testing will be arranged as soon as possible in cooperation with the health authorities at the port

https://scylla.ch/uploads/files/200519_scylla_protocol_overview.pdf

Edited by SeaHunt
clarity
  • Like 1

That's a tough list.  No elevators, public restrooms, and must wear a mask when walking around.   That list is tough and does not sound like a fun vacation to me.  Hopefully, by September Carnival will not have a list like that.  I am fine taking the stairs, but if we need to go up 6 flights, my husband really needs to use the elevator.

• Like 2

I was thinking cruises out of Galveston in august temperature checks. Gotta park, walk to or into terminal, maybe check luggage in maybe 100 degree heat. Lol I'm a little worried about my temperature check. Often texas is hotter than blazes until at least the end of sept. 

Idk about medical stuff but seems to me texas heat your temperature might be higher? 

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

That's a tough list.  No elevators, public restrooms, and must wear a mask when walking around.   That list is tough and does not sound like a fun vacation to me.  Hopefully, by September Carnival will not have a list like that.  I am fine taking the stairs, but if we need to go up 6 flights, my husband really needs to use the elevator.

I hope things will be different by then too. 😁

I actually didn't think this list was too bad for the first one out - they left on June 1 for a cruise from Straubing along the Danube and Rhine rivers to Dusseldorf, and will end on June 13 in Dusseldorf, so a longer cruise for the first one.

I hope people returning will provide some trip reports as to how it all worked. I'm sure most of the lines will be watching too!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Here's some more info on their (nikoVision/Scylla cruise) protocols onboard - JMO I don't have any problems with them but YMMV 😁😁

Guest embarkation

• Scylla requests its tour operators to investigate the whereabouts and physical health of guests before boarding the ship by means of a questionnaire.

• Scylla AG requires a pre-boarding statement from the tour operator confirming the validated health checks for all passengers participating in the journey, ensuring all passengers being fit to travel.

• Only registered guests and crew are allowed to enter the ship, after performing safety/health checks such as measurement of body temperature and hand disinfecting.

• In case elevated temperature is measured, the passenger will not be allowed on board until the potential risk of a passenger has been defined by the local health authorities.

• Embarkation is arranged with respect for social distance and adapted procedures minimize the interaction between guests and crew.

• Every step of the check-in procedure is being revised to have a contactless experience.

• The main safety rules will be communicated to guests (verbal and in writing) before entering the ship the first time.

• The use of plastic screens and other protective gear is used for embarkation steps that require interaction.

• Before embarkation, the entire ship, including cabins is being cleaned/disinfected and ventilated.

Guest interaction on board

• The use of mouth masks is mandatory onboard when walking around.

• Respect for 1,5-meter social distance or compliance with local guidelines with regards to social distancing is guaranteed and clearly communicated onboard.

• General safety measures such as coughing hygiene are requested and clearly communicated on board.

• When needed, meals and activities are being arranged in time slots to lower the used capacity of communal areas.

• When spaces do not allow social distancing, one-way movements are being installed and clear routing is defined onboard to exclude crossings without a safe interpersonal distance.

• All meals are being served and no buffet services are offered.

Onboard services and facilities

• A doctor accompanies journeys to preform health checks with crew and guests, for onboard consultations and to assess the potential risks on a frequent basis.

• Quick tests for COVID-19 are available onboard. These can be used by the accompanying doctor in case of suspected risk.

• The temperature of every guest is being measured on a daily basis.

• Clear signage is provided onboard to make guests and crew comply with the defined routing plans.

• Services such as massage, hairdresser for which social distancing is impossible are not available.

• Services with a medium risk of spreading bacteria such as luggage handling are being minimized and performed with adapted procedures to limit risks.

• Facilities with limited space or elevated infection risks such as elevators and public toilets are out of order.

• Our cleaning staff will be taking additional measures in disinfecting surfaces to minimize the spread of bacteria by cleaning handles, staircases, toilets, armrests, guardrails … with cleaning solutions adapted to COVID-19 on an even more frequent basis than is usually done.

• Room service is being stimulated as one of the measures to limit the number of people in the restaurant.

• Non-essential items that would be touched by multiple people are not made available (newspapers/umbrellas/ …)

• No orders can be placed at the bar, all services are based on table services at all times.

• All food and beverages will be served as individual portions with a minimal need for contact between the person serving and the food/drink item.

• Each cabin is being disinfected twice a day, without the presence of the guest. Cabins are cleaned by the same member of the housekeeping staff every time and all members of the housekeeping staff are obliged to wear a face mask and gloves during their activities.

• Al cabins will be provided with a bottle of hand sanitizer.

• Payments can be made by credit card only, except for tips which will be deposited in a tip box.

Crew for hotel and nautical operations

• Every crew member will be officially tested on COVID-19 before boarding.

• The crew arrives onboard days before guests to guarantee a quarantine period, after being questioned about their past whereabouts and current and past health situation.

• Procedures are being put in place to ensure social distance between crew members in sleeping, recreational and mutual areas for the crew.

• All crew is being clearly instructed and trained to ensure compliance with the COVID-19 protocols.

• The onboard crew is obliged to wear protective gear during working hours and when interacting with guests.

• If it is determined by the onboard doctor that there is a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 disease on board, an outbreak management plan will be activated. The suspected case will be immediately instructed to wear a medical mask, follow cough etiquette, and practice hand hygiene; the suspected case will be isolated in a predefined isolation cabin with the door closed. Infection control measures will be applied in accordance with WHO guidance (2, 6). The disembarkation and transfer of the suspected case to an onshore healthcare facility for further assessment and laboratory testing will be arranged as soon as possible in cooperation with the health authorities at the port

https://scylla.ch/uploads/files/200519_scylla_protocol_overview.pdf

This list would be impossible on a big ship.  It would be manageable on a river cruise, just miserable in my opinion.

I was listening to stock news and disney cruises cancelled cruises until october 1st.

Idk if carnival will follow suit, but I'd say august cruises will be gone. Depends how far into the future carnival cancels next round imo. 

Good day. I have allure booked b2b in march 2022 and just found out being replaced by liberty. Or I can pay to fly to florida ... happy days are here again. Well with terminal 3 postponed not surprised just hoped for a newer ship.

Now I just gotta hear about radiance ... who goes to panama fall of 2021, the only carnival panama that fit into my other booked cruises. Will it get refit or partially, replaced? One more shoe left to drop.

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Optimism reigns supreme......

I booked August hoping you were right ... I wanted carnival august cancelled to have obc for expensive panama cruise fall of next year. Bad enough prices started at 2200 for a 1A. .. at least if you are right, tips are taken care of.  Well almost? How much are tips on a 14 day cruise?

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I booked August hoping you were right ... I wanted carnival august cancelled to have obc for expensive panama cruise fall of next year. Bad enough prices started at 2200 for a 1A. .. at least if you are right, tips are taken care of.  Well almost? How much are tips on a 14 day cruise?

Hope I am as well.  The unknown of course is the CDC.  

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I was listening to stock news and disney cruises cancelled cruises until october 1st.

Idk if carnival will follow suit, but I'd say august cruises will be gone. Depends how far into the future carnival cancels next round imo. 

Good day. I have allure booked b2b in march 2022 and just found out being replaced by liberty. Or I can pay to fly to florida ... happy days are here again. Well with terminal 3 postponed not surprised just hoped for a newer ship.

Now I just gotta hear about radiance ... who goes to panama fall of 2021, the only carnival panama that fit into my other booked cruises. Will it get refit or partially, replaced? One more shoe left to drop.

FYI, though, the Disney website says: "Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of Departures from Europe through October 2, 2020, Departures from Canada through September 14, 2020, and Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy Departures through July 27, 2020"

I think they are still planning for some late summer/early fall cruises out of the SE United States.  

Time will tell, but it's not over yet. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Hope I am as well.  The unknown of course is the CDC.  

Well you were so sure august would be cancelled I paid a extra $150 a week or so ago, for august. Sept and oct were quite a bit cheaper.

I do have oct 4th booked I hope it goes. 

I think disney is the 2nd line to cancel thru oct 1st. I dont think ports are even open to go in august tbh.

I booked August just hoping to get cancelled, guilty. Those panama cruises pricey.

I got 4 on rcl booked 2021 and 2022 so I'm good. Just panama left. I hate paying double on carnival. I got some good deals on rcl, 2 lift and shifts. .. to allure hahahahaha. 

5 minutes ago, Moonstruck705 said:

FYI, though, the Disney website says: "Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of Departures from Europe through October 2, 2020, Departures from Canada through September 14, 2020, and Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy Departures through July 27, 2020"

I think they are still planning for some late summer/early fall cruises out of the SE United States.  

Time will tell, but it's not over yet. 

Fox business news said just now cruises cancelled thru october, but they could be wrong about which cruises. They do stocks not cruises.

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well you were so sure august would be cancelled I paid a extra $150 a week or so ago, for august. Sept and oct were quite a bit cheaper.

I do have oct 4th booked I hope it goes. 

I think disney is the 2nd line to cancel thru oct 1st. I dont think ports are even open to go in august tbh.

I booked August just hoping to get cancelled, guilty. Those panama cruises pricey.

I got 4 on rcl booked 2021 and 2022 so I'm good. Just panama left. I hate paying double on carnival. I got some good deals on rcl, 2 lift and shifts. .. to allure hahahahaha. 

Cunard cancelled thru October.  Make no mistake about it, Carnival is ready to sail, 100%.  

Edited by jimbo5544

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Fox business news said just now cruises cancelled thru october, but they could be wrong about which cruises. They do stocks not cruises.

I can’t find the article please share

thanks

1 hour ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Good for you Jimbo.  Mind sharing a link instead of party line?  I STILL have my October CCL cruise booked & reading these boards is like CNN for a while & now Fox News today.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23066-cunard-extends-pause-in-operations-to-november.html

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Starting to like your boss already.  There are many people at Carnival working towards the goal of starting with the voyages they have published.  They feel they are ready now, if the CDC changed a requirement or start date then all bets are off.  They are committed to making all this happen, heard this from employees at different levels, all singing out of the same hymnal.  THEY WANT TO SAIL. You can interpret that any way you want (and Cunard is still not sailing till November😉).   

They can be as ready and committed as they want, but they won't sail until the CDC says so.   If they are so committed, where is their published health and safety protocol plan?  You know as well as I that that is a first step and near as I can tell, nary a peep from Carnival (or any of the Carnival Corp lines) as to what the plans are.  I believe that August 1 is a no-go and Carnival's CEO has intimated so much.  I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

They can be as ready and committed as they want, but they won't sail until the CDC says so.   If they are so committed, where is their published health and safety protocol plan?  You know as well as I that that is a first step and near as I can tell, nary a peep from Carnival (or any of the Carnival Corp lines) as to what the plans are.  I believe that August 1 is a no-go and Carnival's CEO has intimated so much.  I guess we'll see.

Do you know that for a fact (that they do not have a detailed plan)?  Did I not say that CDC had the last say?   Is that what Arnold said, or did he just say he did not know when?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Do you know that for a fact (that they do not have a detailed plan)?  Did I not say that CDC had the last say?   Is that what Arnold said, or did he just say he did not know when?  

Well, if they do have a detailed plan, where is it?  Do you know for a fact that there is one?  And, yes, Donald did say as much.  He certainly didn't affirm that August 1 was the date as you seem to be implying.  In fact, he went out of his way to pour cold water on any implication that it was in fact the absolute start date.  Hey, but if you want to hang on to that rainbow have at it.  You certainly aren't the only one.  Just don't come down on people that are rightfully skeptical.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Well, if they do have a detailed plan, where is it?  Do you know for a fact that there is one?  And, yes, Donald did say as much.  He certainly didn't affirm that August 1 was the date as you seem to be implying.  In fact, he went out of his way to pour cold water on any implication that it was in fact the absolute start date.  Hey, but if you want to hang on to that rainbow have at it.  You certainly aren't the only one.  Just don't come down on people that are rightfully skeptical.

According to Donald the announcement was more meant to note that additional voyages had been canceled. “It wasn’t a pronouncement that we were going to come back August 1,” he said.

As the scientific world is gathering more and more information about COVID-19, Donald is reluctant to put a specific date on when the cruise lines will resume operations. When asked about the official return date Donald said: “The world is going to tell us.” He continued: “Destinations are going to open when they decide to open. It’s not going to be us telling them. The things that are going to drive that is the citizens’ relative appetite for risk and the extent to which they’ve experience COVID-19. … We’ll just have to see where it goes, but the destinations are going to rule the day.”

According to Donald there should be more clarity in the next six to eight weeks, until then “I don’t know when we’ll sail again,” he said.

http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2020/06/01/carnival-corp-ceo-arnold-donald-calls-august-1-return-announcement-insightful-mistake/

Edited by harkinmr