P&O Cruises Extends Suspension of Global Cruise Operations Until October 15

Adam Coulter

49 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Already commented on in the "more cancellation imminent "thread.

It is quite significant news so probably worthy of it's own thread given some users of the forum won't read every thread available.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ozzysdad said:

It is quite significant news so probably worthy of it's own thread given some users of the forum won't read every thread available.

I agree with this, it is a significant move.

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

True, but there are already numerous posts on the subject . Do we have to post our comments in both threads? 

You can obviously choose to post comments where ever you want, but with the chatter which is ongoing on other threads, this is very useful for people like me who pop in from time to time and find any info can be well buried in a thread.

Not that I have any objection the the chatter.  I find a lot very amusing/interesting and contribute myself at times.  Just good to be able to get important info like this easily though and CC forums are very good for that. 

• Like 2

Understood. I was thinking that as there are already over 30 posts about this issue on the other thread, there would be too much duplication. 

Seems we are all posting on the other thread anyway!

• Like 1

Husband came home from work an hour ago so we’re discussing our options. Allowed myself to be sad for a while but glad the decision has been taking out of my hands, it’s been going round and round my head for weeks now.

• Like 2

Bizarre to think i was reading the other thread this morning where someone referenced the ill informed page on CC which cited P&O as returning 01 August, which of course was referred to as rubbish...oh how prophetic that remark was!!

Carnival Cruises  might still think they can sail some of their ships on 01 August from select US ports but I think the cold hand of reality is going to slap them as it should especially given the current climate in the US with the burning, looting, rioting, etc. all in spite of a highly contagious virus with no effective treatment or vaccine...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Husband came home from work an hour ago so we’re discussing our options. Allowed myself to be sad for a while but glad the decision has been taking out of my hands, it’s been going round and round my head for weeks now.

I know how you have been feeling.  We have 4 weeks in Spain booked for November and really not at all sure we want to go, given we would have to fly and are in the older age group.  Will be a while before we know about that, but does not stop it becoming something that leaves me with underlying concern.  Having certainty over what will happen will help, even if the news is not what we want.

Good luck with whatever you decide about your P&O booking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

True, but there are already numerous posts on the subject . Do we have to post our comments in both threads? 

I read every post on every thread, apart from the odd one that I have blocked 😁

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I read every post on every thread, apart from the odd one that I have blocked 😁

Yup, so do I. How sad are we?

But, if there are two threads on the same topic and you want to make a comment, which one do you use? 

I'm sticking with the existing thread,  as that is where the ongoing discussions are taking place. See you there! 

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yup, so do I. How sad are we?

But, if there are two threads on the same topic and you want to make a comment, which one do you use? 

I'm sticking with the existing thread,  as that is where the ongoing discussions are taking place. See you there! 

I normally post on the wrong thread anyway. I try not to do that on the Celebrity posts as our American cousins don't seem to appreciate flippant posts and don't know where Durham is.😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, tring said:

I know how you have been feeling.  We have 4 weeks in Spain booked for November and really not at all sure we want to go, given we would have to fly and are in the older age group.  Will be a while before we know about that, but does not stop it becoming something that leaves me with underlying concern.  Having certainty over what will happen will help, even if the news is not what we want.

Good luck with whatever you decide about your P&O booking.

Thank you, and to you too. 
The mad thing is on the news last night they were saying places like Portugal wanted to open up to us Brits but we don’t like flying so looks like it will be a shorter UK break for us instead of the cruise or just some day trips from home!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

I normally post on the wrong thread anyway. I try not to do that on the Celebrity posts as our American cousins don't seem to appreciate flippant posts and don't know where Durham is.😂

Don't be silly,everyone knows it's in North Carolina.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you, and to you too. 
The mad thing is on the news last night they were saying places like Portugal wanted to open up to us Brits but we don’t like flying so looks like it will be a shorter UK break for us instead of the cruise or just some day trips from home!

Not going to help cruise companies though, from Portugal Tourism site

793D90EF-51B7-4537-9198-3B436F12329B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

That’s what I mean, fly only but we cruise for many reasons and one is that we don’t like flying!

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

I remember working in Raleigh NC with someone who originated from Durham NC who insisted that the UK had stolen the name of his town.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I remember working in Raleigh NC with someone who originated from Durham NC who insisted that the UK had stolen the name of his town.

Should have asked them where the name Washington came from 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, brian1 said:

Or Ontario Canada. There's one in Queens land Australia  as well.  Long way to go for an eye test though 👓😆

Avril 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Unbelievable 😂. He can't have attended many American  history classes.

Avril 

6 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

When they take delivery of Iona, they will probably want to do a couple of shakedown cruises. She should be able to get into Lisbon, but perhaps Porto may be a bit tight. We will volunteer to go as long as the entertainment looks good 😁.