RCCL plans when cruising starts ?

None of those plans have been approved by the CDC.  They are not a done deal.

I would imagine that RCCL is negotiating with the CDC to have an approved plan.  Until that happens no ships will be leaving or visiting US shores unless the CDC simply lets the "no sail" directive expire, which I doubt.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 3

I, for one, am more than willing to let this play out to see how things will be going forward.

What will the health requirements/testings be?  What will life be like onboard?  Masks or not?  How will shore excursions be handled (the idea of tendering gives me the willies)?. How will dining be handled? So many unanswered questions.

Having sailed on an "affected" (the experience, not the virus) in March not interested at all in returning to cruising too soon.  Not willing to relive the experience of being banned from port after port (7 in total including disembarkation port), scrambling to redo travel plans (air, hotel, car) over dodgy internet and phone.  Too much uncertainty for me.

Cruising can wait.

• Like 1

The major flaw in NCL's released plan is that it lacks any info. on what happens if someone gets infected.  Guess all the lines are working to answer that question.

That is the question we want to know before cruising again. If one person tests positive and they still quarantine the entire ship, then we will not cruise until that no longer happens. If they quarantine anyone who tests positive and everyone else can continue the cruise as normal, then we will consider cruising at that point.

55 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

That is the question we want to know before cruising again. If one person tests positive and they still quarantine the entire ship, then we will not cruise until that no longer happens. If they quarantine anyone who tests positive and everyone else can continue the cruise as normal, then we will consider cruising at that point.

I fairly confident that will be dictated by the CDC and not left to the cruise lines to decide

• Like 2

One thing that bothers me about the NCL list is having a temperature taken when returning to the ship.   I don't know about anyone else but when I return from some ship shore excursions I'm overheated (especially rushing down the dock to make a late return) so I worry about it reading high just from that.  Maybe I worry too much so I'll wait and see.

1 hour ago, cruiserhal said:

One thing that bothers me about the NCL list is having a temperature taken when returning to the ship.   I don't know about anyone else but when I return from some ship shore excursions I'm overheated (especially rushing down the dock to make a late return) so I worry about it reading high just from that.  Maybe I worry too much so I'll wait and see.

I went to my dermatologist yesterday and drove there with the top down on my convertible and it was very warm outside.  They took my temp and it was 99.2. the previous day it was 98.0 at my dentist, so things like that do happen.  

Edited by mek

10 minutes ago, jndsilver31 said:

they think it is their job. keeping us in a prison like lockdown

The CDC does not issue lockdown orders.  That is done by local and state officials.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

The major flaw in NCL's released plan is that it lacks any info. on what happens if someone gets infected.  Guess all the lines are working to answer that question.

Everyone, every government, and every business would kill to know the answer to that question.

jc

• Like 2

4 hours ago, time4u2go said:

The CDC does not issue lockdown orders.  That is done by local and state officials.

you can believe thst if you want. they tell the governors what to do, they tell business to close, then we have 40 million out of a job.

8 hours ago, jndsilver31 said:

you can believe thst if you want. they tell the governors what to do, they tell business to close, then we have 40 million out of a job.

Lol you need to take off that tin foil hat!  I'm pretty sure governors and business owners are not required to listen to the CDC.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I'm pretty sure Gov DeSantis can't override the CDC no sail order. 

The person I responded to was talking about jobs overall, not specifically cruising (unless there's 40 million people in the cruise industry without jobs 😯).

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

The person I responded to was talking about jobs overall, not specifically cruising (unless there's 40 million people in the cruise industry without jobs 😯).

it was me. why do you thinks are keeping their states lockdown, because the CDC says to

20 hours ago, jndsilver31 said:

the CDC needs to stick to research vaccines and leave economy to the experts, not doctors

What?  CDC would be working on guidelines to keep people safe onboard.  What does that have to do with the "economy?"

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, jndsilver31 said:

it was me. why do you thinks are keeping their states lockdown, because the CDC says to

Governors are not required to listen to the CDC.  Do you have something to show us proving that they do have to listen to the CDC, or is this just your opinion?

Edited by time4u2go

On 6/3/2020 at 3:53 PM, mek said:

I went to my dermatologist yesterday and drove there with the top down on my convertible and it was very warm outside.  They took my temp and it was 99.2. the previous day it was 98.0 at my dentist, so things like that do happen.  

From some of the sunburns I've seen on people during cruises I'm sure that would wreak havoc on the temperature checks as well.

• Haha 1