Celebrity Millennium

Autumnz

I was under the impression that the room we booked has 2 twins that can be pushed together with 2 uppers.  But, when I logged in to my reservation with Celebrity Online (I booked directly), I can't change the configuration to 2 twins/together.  I know we booked Celebrity over Princess because Princess seemed to only offer (and I could be mistaken) 2 bunk styles, with no sofa couch, or the ability the push 2 twins together- it is set up as 2 bunks.  I am still happy to be sailing on Celebrity, but will we be able to push the twins together for a queen/king size bed with her in an upper berth?

We are in room 2136 for an Alaskan Cruise in 2021 and any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated as we've never cruised before!

We do have pre-paid gratuities and $300 OBC.  I am thinking to use the OBC as our drinks/specialty dining fund.  I would love do the Premium Bev.Package, but don't think it's worth it unless we book it on sale (which I'll continue to see if they offer).

Also, if you have any general tips for Alaska- we'd love hear all of your knowledge/tips/tricks!  🙂

With one exception, the beds have always been pushed together, which is our preference. On the one occasion where they were apart, we simply asked the steward to push them together. When we returned from dinner, the beds were together and remade.

• Like 1

Usually, a room that says it sleeps four on an M class ship (like Millennium) will have the main bed that can either be one queen, or two twins; and then a fold-out sofa bed, and one bunk that drops down from the ceiling. 

Whether you have the main bed together or separate is up to you, and wouldn't affect the other beds.

You should select "Together/Both Together" on your cruise planner, if you want the main bed as a queen.  The other two cannot be one bed.  The reference to "both" is due to the fact that some suites have more than one true bed. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

Thank you.... I am not sure why the Cruise Planner online won't allow me to select the 2 twin/together arrangement.  I was hoping the room would have a pullout couch, but our room does not have the indicator symbol on it.  

IF you get on board and the beds are not as you'd like, just ask your room steward and they will (should!) be happy to meet your request.

However, as stated, I've never in 19 cruises so  far, seen the beds apart by default.

7 hours ago, Autumnz said:

Also, if you have any general tips for Alaska- we'd love hear all of your knowledge/tips/tricks!  🙂

One of the most efficient uses of your research time is to go to the Alaska Cruise Critic forum (located under "Ports of Call").  At the top of the Alaska forum page are threads containing trip reports.  The trip reports are organized by year and start in 2015.  Folks can read these reports very quickly (you really don't need to read what someone thought of their cabin steward in 2015).  Many of them contain detailed descriptions of their shore excursions whether they booked independently or through their particular cruise line.  And there will also be a number of photos.  Skimming through these reports will help you quickly prioritize your specific interests.

• Like 1