What are your Tahiti/South Pacific plans?

Petoonya

Started a topic over a month ago about "attempting" to go back to Tahiti again. Those of us who have rebooked cancelled So Pacific cruises, are mostly aware we're still "attempting" to go back. And some of us are charging ahead with the belief that WE ARE GOING.

Still so many obstacles but I can't help but be an optimist. Besides with COVID it keeps me from going crazy not being able to see my kids and grandkids.

I'm doing a 17 day Wind Spirit May 24, 2021, and have Nov 22, 2021 17 day as a backup. I'm so optimistic about going I have almost all my (mostly independent) excursions booked for next May!

What do you have planned? Or what are you considering?

We are doing a 14 day from Tahiti to Honolulu on NCL Jewel . We are planning to spend 4 days pre cruise in Papeete . We haven't purchased our air as of yet but have booked our hotels. Fingers crossed as we are really looking forward to this trip . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, delaware32 said:

We are doing a 14 day from Tahiti to Honolulu on NCL Jewel . We are planning to spend 4 days pre cruise in Papeete . We haven't purchased our air as of yet but have booked our hotels. Fingers crossed as we are really looking forward to this trip . 

Delaware,

You may have already been to Tahiti, Papeete particularly, but just in case not, offering a suggestion. Papeete is kind of a run down city- there are some historical things to see and a wonderful open air market. But aside from a circle ride around the island you might be happier spending a couple days of your time in beautiful Moorea. It's an easy 30-40 min ferry ride and right next to the ship's dock. Some one I met on Cruise Critic just sent me the listing for an Airbnb she's reserved in Moorea for $125/night. It dropped my socks off.  Maybe 2 days Papeete, 2 days Moorea?

• Thank you . We have never been . Currently we have cancellable reservations at the Tahiti L'Ora Beach Resort so we won't be staying directly in Papeete . Of course, we are flexible and always appreciate help from folks like you that are familiar with the Society Islands .

1 hour ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Two trips planned for 2021 on the small ship M/S Paul Gauguin 🙂

I think the chances of big ships like NCL or Princess getting to French Polynesia (or any other island group) any time soon are less than zilch.  Big ships are plague ships.  Smaller ships like the PG, which is based in Tahiti, and also the wider Ponant fleet (which owns PG) stand a very good chance of operating soon.  

My personal preference would be aboard Silversea's Silver Explorer starting in Santiago, ending in Osaka and stopping off at most places in between!

29 minutes ago, cayman09 said:

We're still on the 18 day Oceania Regatta from Papeete to San Francisco next April. Also booked 3 day pre-cruise in Moorea at the Hilton. 

😞  Sigh, I'm still booked on the 18 day Oceania Regatta PPT-SF for April but haven't had the heart to cancel. Can't do May Wind Spirit and that cruise though, but know yours is going to be fantastic. Will be missing a lot.