Ponant Posts France-Only Itineraries for Summer 2020

AussieBoyTX

Ponant has posted several France-only itineraries on their France site: https://www.ponant.com/naviguez-en-toute-serenite If you view from an English-language site, I think you'll have to change your country to France using the "Country" dropdown at the bottom of the page.

The cruises leave from Bordeaux, Saint-Malo, Le Havre, Marseille and Nice, appear to be seven nights and prices start at EUR 2,990

Video on COVID-19 Safety Features (in French): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6WNMvH1gc8#action=share

[Autotranslation from that page]

After this downtime, necessary for everyone's safety, PONANT offers you travel experiences that meet your expectations and a transformed world. This summer will be one of reunion with family, friends, but also time for oneself, to reconnect with the essentials .

PONANT returns to the sources of its fabulous adventure and puts France in the spotlight, such a beautiful view of the sea. Head for the treasures of our wild coasts and our emblematic islands! From the Ponant Islands to the Isle of Beauty, explore its natural gems and its prestigious terroirs from Bordeaux, Saint-Malo, Le Havre, Marseille or even Nice. Experience the sea as on our expedition cruises and sail off the beaten track , in the exclusive and intimate setting of our discreet luxury ships, ambassadors of the French art of living.

Navigating with confidence

The exceptional health crisis that we have just faced has been managed with exemplarity by our shore teams and our crews, no case of covid-19 has been detected on board. The speed and efficiency of our protocols, our advanced medical equipment, and the small size of our vessels have ensured everyone's safety. Today we are implementing enhanced sanitary measures and a maximum level of safety to guarantee you safe navigation.

Unprecedented cruises from your home

Head for the magnificent natural spaces and the picturesque and authentic landscapes of our coasts and wild islands ! From the cliffs of Etretat to the coves of our sumptuous "island of beauty", passing through the Ponant Islands, the Atlantic coast and the golden shores of the Mediterranean, rediscover all the richness of our natural heritage and get away for a while. a parenthesis of sweetness at the heart of one of the most beautiful and inspiring destinations in the world, departing from 5 major French cities : Bordeaux, Saint-Malo, Le Havre, Marseille and Nice.

Quality enrichment on board

Between contemplation and exploration, cultural heritage and well-being, Zodiac © outings and kayak trips, magical moments on the outside decks and moments of exchange with our experts and our guests of honor, landings on desert islets and flavors of our terroirs: we invite you to experience exceptional moments and to share together the passion for the sea that drives us.

Luxurious and intimate ships

Faithful to our desire to offer you exceptional journeys in luxury settings, we have designed small capacity ships , which provide access to original stopovers with little traffic. They assure everyone to live privileged moments, with the scent of exclusivity, and to feel like on a private yacht . Equipped with advanced technologies, they guarantee the safety of our passengers and limit our impact on the environment.

image.thumb.png.f0767b75666fdd72fe79770cb9010364.pngimage.thumb.png.95eefbdd7fbb85463795bcd1672f9b5a.pngimage.thumb.png.ab94796e08c3ad8316d2d9f887de5e65.pngimage.thumb.png.598590f6e4f25b3bb9910810ada51bfe.pngimage.thumb.png.94abe78d84c6d2978ca35ee4d3ffc880.pngimage.thumb.png.3fc79c74233a1d833978c18456a9e36d.pngimage.thumb.png.a119b6bfbc03d48b38b44a662f7e6715.pngimage.thumb.png.3951ee3541c00bd596df9360fa99ba3b.png

Also, here's a brochure (in French) with extensive details on Ponant's COVID-19 procedures:

A sample from life on board:

- Crew will wear masks / visors, as appropriate

- All spaces limited to 50% capacity

- Two seatings in the Gastronomic Restaurant, if necessary

- Table service, no buffet

- Six passengers per zodiac

https://en.calameo.com/read/000132423941cdc33a717?authid=Mb1483iuwBmQ

I’m assuming this means more cancellations are coming. For example Le Jacques Cartier was scheduled to be in Iceland July and August. But now according to this is in the Brittany at the time. Seems unusual that you can buy a trip on the same boat at the same time in two different countries.

• Like 1

The Le Bellot's 7-day itinerary ending in Reykjavik on July 20, 2020 has disappeared from the Ponant site. 

Meanwhile our July 20 sailing out of Reykjavik is still on the board,  Had really hoped to avoid the thrill of being  "shakedown" passengers.  Been there, done that, and didn't really enjoy it.  

• Like 1

Usually a ship carries out a shakedown without passengers in order to identify any problems. However, if the schedule is tight It could mean that they have to do the shakedown during the ship's first sailing with passengers onboard.

For example while engines and other mechanical equipment is usually tested extensively prior to sailing, cabin features are often forgotten.

In our case, air conditioning did not work, TV did not work and there was no remote control, elevators were out of order, loudspeakers blared all night in several different languages, strong smell of stale cigarette smoke (from the shipyard workers who had lodged in the cabin). Main exit had chronic problems and we had to enter and exit the ship via the meat cooler.  All that being said, the crew were amazing.  It was with another Norwegian company, not Ponant. 

1 hour ago, Lukec said:

I’m assuming this means more cancellations are coming. For example Le Jacques Cartier was scheduled to be in Iceland July and August. But now according to this is in the Brittany at the time. Seems unusual that you can buy a trip on the same boat at the same time in two different countries.

That's easy! The english speaking part of the boat is in Iceland and the french speaking part of the boat is in France! 😀🙃😀

And each one is used only 50%! What a perfect solution! 💥

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lukec said:

But what if the french speaking half is the crew and English speaking half is the passengers 😉

That would mean you don't need to buy the drinks package to get 'top shelf' booze [as long as you're tall enough to reach]!

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:08 AM, Lukec said:

I don't believe any more cancellations should be coming, at least in regards to Le Jacques Cartier. She's still in Iceland in August through early September, then back to Europe on these new itineraries that were just published. 

41 minutes ago, garykool81 said:

I don't believe any more cancellations should be coming, at least in regards to Le Jacques Cartier. She's still in Iceland in August through early September, then back to Europe on these new itineraries that were just published. 

The new announced Brittany cruises with Le Jacques Cartier start in July at the same time Iceland cruises were previously planned. I saw that Ponant is waiting for final approval from authorities for France itineraries. I assume they will wait for that approval to cancel Iceland cruises. And try to operate Iceland cruises if they do not get approval. But I also suspect ponant has strong reason to believe they will get approval to start advertising 5 new itineraries 

15 minutes ago, Lukec said:

The new announced Brittany cruises with Le Jacques Cartier start in July at the same time Iceland cruises were previously planned. I saw that Ponant is waiting for final approval from authorities for France itineraries. I assume they will wait for that approval to cancel Iceland cruises. And try to operate Iceland cruises if they do not get approval. But I also suspect ponant has strong reason to believe they will get approval to start advertising 5 new itineraries 

Ah! Yes, you're correct. The earliest cruises available to book on the Ponant site for Le Jacques Cartier currently are the Iceland itineraries in mid-August. Everything prior to that is no longer online, so I am sure those are going to be canceled in exchange for these new France-only itineraries. 

Edited by garykool81

• 2 weeks later...

I just talked to Ponant Germany they are still waiting for the final approval for the France itineraries and they are also hoping that it will be possible to do some Iceland cruises. On the german internet page now they are offering the France cruises with "S20" added to the ships name.

I hope the finally figure it all out, just imagine somebody planning going to Iceland ends up in Marseille or vice versa!