I have been trying to get an idea of what is factual and what is not. It seems that RCL is even a little off in what they require in the form of shoes. From their site, they state "Don’t forget proper shoes if you’re planning to ride the Zip Line at Perfect Day at CocoCay. Your shoes must have a closed toe area and be secured around the back of your foot as well. Sneakers or enclosed water shoes are great options." I have read posts that the Aleader water shoes are not acceptable and contrary to what RCL states on their page. I have read people being turned away at CocoCay and on ship with those shoe types. That leads me to the question if hiking water sandals are acceptable? This would be hiking sandals by Keen, Merrell, Chaco, and others that are close toed, laced up with bungee, and secure around the back of the heel. 

I have not been to CocoCay yet, but I have done the zipline on Labadee. 
Personally, I wouldn't chance it if it is something you want to do. I didn't bring closed toed shoes on our last cruise and I regretted it. I wasn't able to do the behind the scenes tour. 

Thanks for the information. I will bring both. I guess I am not one that cares about over packing. Since I won't have to lug them around, having 4 rolling duffels is not a problem for me. 

We used our beach shoes twice.  Others have used tennis shoes for the zip line on Labadee.

For the all access tour we wore sneakers.

The actually sent a lady away that had on sandals that were open toe.

She came back with Sperrys on and they let her participate.

Safe travels.

We had sneakers for Labadee and to be on the safe side I would take a pair along.  I know even for the small zip line on Oasis tennis shoes were required.  Granddaughter loved the Labadee zip line, she was 10 at the time.

I had Chuck Taylors on the zip lines and they were fine. BUT I had to wear my ones that tied, the slip on type that don't tie (even though they cover your entire foot and fit just like the regular tie ones do) aren't going to fly. They made me go back and get shoes that tied. 

7 hours ago, bigrednole said:

I have been trying to get an idea of what is factual and what is not. It seems that RCL is even a little off in what they require in the form of shoes. From their site, they state "Don’t forget proper shoes if you’re planning to ride the Zip Line at Perfect Day at CocoCay. Your shoes must have a closed toe area and be secured around the back of your foot as well. Sneakers or enclosed water shoes are great options." I have read posts that the Aleader water shoes are not acceptable and contrary to what RCL states on their page. I have read people being turned away at CocoCay and on ship with those shoe types. That leads me to the question if hiking water sandals are acceptable? This would be hiking sandals by Keen, Merrell, Chaco, and others that are close toed, laced up with bungee, and secure around the back of the heel. 

The  Aleader  water shoes ( or any brand)  are definitely  OK at Coco Cay as well as around the ship.  I wear  athletic type water shoes as a  water shoe for Coco Cay as well as for my morning walk around the ship decks. 

No one it turned away from Coco Cay because of an any particular type of shoe.  If fact, shoes are not even required, even in the eating  areas. 

I am not sure about the shoes for the zip line on Coco Cay.  And, while I've done the zip line on Oasis class ship, I can't recall if I wore my shoes or RCCL shoes. 

enjoy

M

Thanks everyone. My specific question is if shoes like Keen Newport H2 are ok for ziplining. They are bungee laced hiking sandals that are closed toed, good for water and sand, and used for hiking. Very comfortable and much better than sneakers on a cruise/cruise island.

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I am not sure about the shoes for the zip line on Coco Cay.  And, while I've done the zip line on Oasis class ship, I can't recall if I wore my shoes or RCCL shoes. 

Must have Been yours as Royal only offers shoes for the Rockwall, not the zip line. 

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Must have Been yours as Royal only offers shoes for the Rockwall, not the zip line. 

Thanks-I remembered that they offered  shoes for the Rockwall, but I simply couldn’t remember about the zip line.  And it is somewhat funny, as I’ve never done the Rockwall but I did the zip line several times. 

m