England 14 Day Quarantine - No QM2 TA Aug 21/20?

ABoatNerd

Good morning everyone:

What is the possibility of my eastbound TA on QM2 departing Aug 21?

The final deposit date is coming up.

What is Cunard likely to do?

Your assistance would be appreciated, thank you.

I'm not sure anyone here can answer that definitively. I'll take an educated guess and say it's unlikely (but not impossible).

Quarantine is being introduced on June 8th and will be reviewed every 3 weeks so things may change again before August.

Unless things change in the UK with regards to quarantine then it wont happen. Even if it does I dont expect Cunard to be cruising with any of their ships until October, P&O sister company in UK has recently cancelled all cruises until 15th October and I expect an announcement from Cunard soon.

Edited by majortom10

We cancelled that crossing several weeks ago, assuming it would not take place. We had booked that as a continuation of the 14-day e/b crossing of 31 July. We cancelled that one first, prior to the payment due date. Cunard susbsequently cancelled it.

In Sep. and Oct. there are two scheduled voyages of Southampton-NY-Québec-NY-Southampton. With the ban of cruise ships carrying over 100 passengers in Canadian ports having been extended to the end of Oct. these voyages cannot take place. Of course, Cunard could re-schedule their voyages for late summer/autumn. But my guess is they will simply cancel everything until at least the end of Oct.

I noticed that this voyage is still for sale this morning and the fare for our cancelled stateroom has increased by about 50%.  There have been many cancellations of various categories since I last checked the fares.

Edited by david,Mississauga
Forgot to mention something

We were due to be on this sailing as part of a longer trip involving 2 other cruise lines - Azamara and Oceania.  For us to have gone, we had to be reasonably comfortable that all 3 would go.   After Canada closed ports thru October, we were pretty sure that this QM2 sailing would be cancelled because the ship was going to be starting its New England-Canada sailings the following month.  We figured why bring back crew for a few TA trips if you were going to have to cancel the Fall season in North America. On Tuesday, I called Cunard (USA) and chatted with an agent about cancellation policies.  She, along with her supervisor, told me that another pause is expected to be announced June 8-June 10 and that the August 21 sailing would likely be cancelled.  

We are going to cancel before final sailing but are holding out to see if we get any additional FCC if Cunard blinks first.

OP here, thanks so much for your responses and sharing information.

The Aug 21 QM2 TA was to facilitate us doing a Globus tour of France Sept 6.  Globus has suspended everything to Aug 31 - so it seems that my trip will not be a go.

Desert Cruisers - the info from your discussion is super important, I will watch the Cunard site this week.

Happy sailings to everyone, some time.

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...

My sense is that the quarantine will soon shortly be lifted for the whole of Europe, but left in place for the Americans for considerably longer (indeed a cynic might suggest that the Americas was always its target and the way it is being handled is simply politics to avoid offending).

But the bigger issue is when cruising will be able to resume.  Despite the recent leap in Carnival share price, I can’t see this happening by August.

8 hours ago, Morgans said:

Unfortunately all Cunard voyages cancelled until at least November I believe........announced a few days ago.

On June 9th and being discussed here

I'll close this thread as the question has been answered.