20% off a future cruise but too bad so sad since your FCC is not posted??

Heather1972

So what has been people's experience in this situation...  where you are supposed to get the 20% off a future cruise as a promo due to your cruise being canceled by NCL (not talking about the Bonus FCC), yet you can't get the 20% off because your FCC has not posted to your account yet. We booked 2 cruises with the expectation that my husband would also get 20% off of the cruises when his FCC posted (via a phone call). Now I see the promo is over. The NCL agent is basically telling me too bad so sad, the promo is over?!? So it was a sale that he couldn't actually use?? 

My FCC was posted to my account, along with my returned CruiseNext certificate, within 72 hours after cruise cancellation.  Did you work through a travel agent?  

Edited by FLAHAM

58 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

So what has been people's experience in this situation...  where you are supposed to get the 20% off a future cruise as a promo due to your cruise being canceled by NCL (not talking about the Bonus FCC), yet you can't get the 20% off because your FCC has not posted to your account yet. We booked 2 cruises with the expectation that my husband would also get 20% off of the cruises when his FCC posted (via a phone call). Now I see the promo is over. The NCL agent is basically telling me too bad so sad, the promo is over?!? So it was a sale that he couldn't actually use?? 

We were in the second round of cancellations and were able to book with 20% off for a limited time and then the offer expired.  When they did the third round of cancellations, we were again able to book with the 20% off, even though our FCC was from the second round.  I think as long as we had FCC in our account, they didn't look to see when it was issued.  Maybe when the next round of cancellations comes,  you will be able to get the 20% off again.  Keep a watch on it.  We just have enough FCC taken to cover the deposit and hold on to the rest until final payment date and will make up the difference with credit card.

1 minute ago, FLAHAM said:

My FCC was posted to my account, along with my returned CruiseNext certificate, within 72 hours after cruise cancellation.  Did you work through a travel agent?  

Ours was also posted within 72 hours.  We did work with a TA.

I was really upset about this and called multiple times until my credit was posted (I had a different kind of credit that had to be manually added). I think they got sick of hearing from me and finally made sure someone put the credit in the day before the promo ended. But they had told me the trip just had to be booked to lock in the 20%. The credit could be used anytime up to final payment. I didn’t want to chance that since their customer service has told me some other things that turned out not to be true related to my credit. Calling and complaining a lot has been my strategy through this since I’m pretty upset with how they are handling credits that were issued pre-Coronavirus. As someone else above mentioned, I have heard that others have been able to use the 20% when it was offered with new cancellations. I’m sure there will be August cancellations, so keep an eye on that too if you don’t have success with getting it applied now. 

We had booked a contingency cruise before ours was cancelled.  Our contingency cruise showed the 20% discount before our cruise was officially cancelled.  The discount was only on my fare until I entered my husband's Lattitude number. The dates were clearly stated in the email we received along with the dates to submit the form for a refund. 

When NCL cancelled our June cruise we opted for the FCC. We also have other FCCs, FCDs as well as the bonus 20% offered to us by this cancelled cruise if we booked future cruises within the 2 weeks period. 

So we went ahead and booked 2 new cruises at 20% off and paid the deposits using the CNs. 

Then we have until next Feb/Mar/Apr (depending on the expiry of the FCCs and FCDs) to apply which FCCs and FCDs to which cruises.