Cancelled cruises

huskypup

1 minute ago, bmwman said:

Agreed but staying at home we are, as we are quarantined getting back in !! As is anyone arriving in the UK. As I say the crowds were not as bad in Bournemouth as the papers made out. They were cleared VERY quickly those that arose. As I say we have not hotels open no restaurants

that video of bournemouth looks about as busy as the beach i got back from in North carolina.  except hotels and resturants were fully open in NC. 

as i said not trying to be rude to you or others, but it seems some are resisting that people are gathering to these places.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmwman said:

There you go again twisting stories. This is nothing to do with the area in your earlier post. 

This does.

And the only one I see being rude here is you.

This was posted on the official Bournemouth Instagram on June 1st.

image.thumb.png.24008727cc76e7c618e72a24177c6f54.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

This does.

And the only one I see being rude here is you.

This was posted on the official Bournemouth Instagram on June 1st.

image.thumb.png.24008727cc76e7c618e72a24177c6f54.png

Its an old  picture its not live Where do you live. Bourenmouth or USA

Edited by bmwman

6 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Er not as crowded as the pictures and look at the distance. Many were family groups of LOCALS where are all the parasols from the earlier pictures????

come on bmw, give it up , i agree it may not be exactly like the pictures, because we know the media over hypes things, but certainly a good crowd of ppl during covid no less. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

there is that negative crowd that want people to think the stories are not true.   , ppl are out, and as many that refuse to be in public, there are just as many willing to be out unmasked. 

Now on masks we agree!! However we now have all public transport compulsory masks and we expect it to be extended to shops. If you get on without one you will are subject to being removed and  fined

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

ok but that isnt the point exact location is semantics. , not being rude at all.  the point is ppl are tired of staying home, be it US or UK   , they want to be free of these restrictions. 

The point is that YOU are willing to cruise under any conditions.   

Its an old  picture its not live Where do you live. Bourenmouth or USA

Sure it is. That's why the videos of the same beaches show the same crowds and the official Bournemouth Instagram posted it while begging people to stay away. 😉 

The fact is that there are ignorant people everywhere, the world over.

Not sure why you're so insistent on claiming there aren't.

Except that you clearly want to stick with your negative position on Americans while ignoring the rudeness and ignorance in your own yard. 🙄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

come on bmw, give it up , i agree it may not be exactly like the pictures, because we know the media over hypes things, but certainly a good crowd of ppl during covid no less. 

Yes but its all over now - No hotels or restaurants  and parking restrictions around the town  with beaches closed mean that this will not happen again. The lockdown here is still working as nothing s open yet and public transport hopeless! and quarantine 

1 minute ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Sure it is. That's why the videos of the same beaches show the same crowds and the official Bournemouth Instagram posted it while begging people to stay away. 😉 

The fact is that there are ignorant people everywhere, the world over.

Not sure why you're so insistent on claiming there aren't.

Except that you clearly want to stick with your negative position on Americans while ignoring the rudeness and ignorance in your own yard. 🙄

Because I live here  and you don't.    Where is my negative opinion on Americans. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Yes but its all over now - No hotels or restaurants  and parking restrictions around the town  with beaches closed mean that this will not happen again. The lockdown here is still working as nothing s open yet and public transport hopeless! and quarantine 

did they give a date for reopening things? 

2 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

The point is that YOU are willing to cruise under any conditions.   

As am I. 🤷‍♀️

I, just like millions of others, have no underlying conditions that make me high risk.

And last I checked, I was a full grown adult capable of making, and taking responsibility for, my own decisions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Because I live here  and you don't.    Where is my negative opinion on Americans. 

Wow.

Right here.

Is it really so ingrained that you don't even recognize it?

image.png

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

The air quarantine is indefinite so no date. This means even with our long vacations no one will

travel as you are quarantined on return for two weeks. this includes brits. We know that  no cruises il be allowed into UK ports as no one can get on or off. Gyms closed Indefinably and only guesses for Restaurants and hotels. Best guess is  July but then only 10% occupancy.

Offices are not open 

Driving tests supended indefiantly 

Holiday flights pushed back again

HMRC - no enquiry work at all - just starting but hit and miss

Ferries -masks compulsory 

Trains pre book only 

Any thing I have missed let me know?

3 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

As am I. 🤷‍♀️

I, just like millions of others, have no underlying conditions that make me high risk.

And last I checked, I was a full grown adult capable of making, and taking responsibility for, my own decisions. 

we all know our own risks and conditions , i totally agree .  many of us followed the guidelines and weighed the risks . june is more than enough time in our southern states imo.   now its time to slowly come back to normal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Wow.

Right here.

Is it really so ingrained that you don't even recognize it?

image.png

Sadly you have mis read it. Notice the full stop, or did you miss it. The "you live in the USA" relates to nor knowing what its like here or that Southend is not Bournemouth.  Nothing to do  with being rude. I accept your apology.

Wow? 

Edited by bmwman
  • Haha 1

The air quarantine is indefinite so no date. This means even with our long vacations no one will

travel as you are quarantined on return for two weeks. this includes brits. We know that  no cruises il be allowed into UK ports as no one can get on or off. Gyms closed Indefinably and only guesses for Restaurants and hotels. Best guess is  July but then only 10% occupancy.

Offices are not open 

Driving tests supended indefiantly 

Holiday flights pushed back again

HMRC - no enquiry work at all - just starting but hit and miss

Ferries -masks compulsory 

Trains pre book only 

Any thing I have missed let me know?

we have had many of these same restrictions , dmv closed restaurants so on , but within the last few weeks they have been slowly lifting in the southern region of the usa. i wonder why so late acting in the uk? 

2 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Sadly you have mis read it. Notice the full stop, or did you miss it. The "you live in the USA" relates to nor knowing what its like here or that Southend is not Bournemouth.  Nothing to do  with being rude. I accept your apology.

Wow?

Oh give it up.

You know that you said exactly what you meant: "You can not help yourself being rude. You live in USA"

Not only will there be no apology, you have lost ALL respect too.

Disgusting.

5 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

we have had many of these same restrictions , dmv closed restaurants so on , but within the last few weeks they have been slowly lifting in the southern region of the usa. i wonder why so late acting in the uk? 

Political I suspect - there has been a lot of bad press about letting in people without testing. 

As to restaurants and the Great British Pub its the crowds and awe do not  have a pavement culture so most restaurants inside. Also the government propping up works and business meant they simply keep this going longer.

We are also a very crowded Island and easing of the lockdown has in some areas already seen our R rate increase. 

Also we have had fear here with the way the death toll is reported - We may well have staff who REFUSE to travel ro come back even after the lockdown eases 

So even if the cruise industry does open Brits will not be travelling this summer. I may well travel but on return two weeks at HOME with spot checks from Border Force.!!

Look whatever our difference of opinion is on the start date I hope you get you August 2020 cruise but do you really  still feel its going to happen? 

Political I suspect - there has been a lot of bad press about letting in people without testing. 

As to restaurants and the Great British Pub its the crowds and awe do not  have a pavement culture so most restaurants inside. Also the government propping up works and business meant they simply keep this going longer.

We are also a very crowded Island and easing of the lockdown has in some areas already seen our R rate increase. 

Also we have had fear here with the way the death toll is reported - We may well have staff who REFUSE to travel ro come back even after the lockdown eases 

So even if the cruise industry does open Brits will not be travelling this summer. I may well travel but on return two weeks at HOME with spot checks from Border Force.!!

Look whatever our difference of opinion is on the start date I hope you get you August 2020 cruise but do you really  still feel its going to happen? 

thx for the info on the uk.  as for limited US aug cruises im hopeful. 2 more months. lets see what the cdc said today , if the no sail is extended or not . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

thx for the info on the uk.  as for limited US aug cruises im hopeful. 2 more months. lets see what the cdc said today , if the no sail is extended or not . 

A pleasure on the  UK. You know we actually agree on a lot especially NCL throwing in the towel.

You know once  you said its got to end sometime - here we feel its gone on too long and we simply need to get going but we can not.

If I want to get on a train to say Manchester (250 miles) I have to book in advance and wear a mask for 5 hours even on an empty 1st class car. Trains are 10% max capacity. No way 

I may have to convert to Europen river cruise  - ANYTHING!! 🙂

"The rain has to stop sometime"

Edited by bmwman
  • Like 1

Just now, bmwman said:

A pleasure on the  UK. You know we actually agree on a lot especially NCL throwing in the towel.

You know once  you said its got to end sometime - here we feel its gone on too log and we simply need to get going but we can not. If I want to get on a train to say Manchester (250 miles) I have to book in advance and wear a mask for 5 hours even n a n empty 1st class car. Trains are 10% max capacity.

I may have to convert to European river cruise  - ANYTHING!! 🙂

"The rain has to stop sometime"

Be safe - keep our fingers crossed for CDC!