Noodle Bar in World Cafe

wabamun

On the Jupiter in the World Cafe, we loved the new station facing the Aquavit bar. Noodles, dumplings stir frys etc.

Any idea which Viking ships have this new addition and which don't?

Thanks.

Not Star, Sea or Sky -- unless they are converting those ships now while they are waiting for operations to resume.

I don't know which ship was the first build to have the Noodle Bar and since Venus hasn't been launched we don't know if she will have a Noodle Bar of not.

We will have to wait to hear from folks who have been on the Sun and the Orion.

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Not Star, Sea or Sky -- unless they are converting those ships now while they are waiting for operations to resume.

I don't know which ship was the first build to have the Noodle Bar and since Venus hasn't been launched we don't know if she will have a Noodle Bar of not.

We will have to wait to hear from folks who have been on the Sun and the Orion.

Yes on Orion .. they served freshly made pasta (with a choice of toppings / sauces etc) which was an excellent choice for lunch.

I think Orion was the first but I am looking forward to trying it again on Jupiter in November in South America (I think I read somewhere the area is also on Jupiter ?) ... although I am not confident, very sadly, that the November cruise will go ahead.

I had an excellent scallop dish prepared at this area on Orion. Can't recall it being referred to as a "noodle bar" but it was, apparently, a new feature. I believe it was also an eggs to order in the morning. What was this area on earlier ships?

3 hours ago, duquephart said:

I had an excellent scallop dish prepared at this area on Orion. Can't recall it being referred to as a "noodle bar" but it was, apparently, a new feature. I believe it was also an eggs to order in the morning. What was this area on earlier ships?

Not sure what they call it, but it was one of our favourite spots on Jupiter. Loved the dumplings and dan dan noodles.

Thanks for all the replies.

I hope we're all cruising soon.

2 minutes ago, wabamun said:

Not sure what they call it, but it was one of our favourite spots on Jupiter. Loved the dumplings and dan dan noodles.

Thanks for all the replies.

I hope we're all cruising soon.

We were on 2 Jupiter cruises in 2019.  It was definitely one of our favorite places.

Specialty omelettes in the morning, often pasta at lunch, and made to order Udon, Noodles, or other Chinese dishes at dinner.  And very few lines!   

Do a search - there have been several posts on this noodle bar.  I know that I posted pictures of it on one of those posts.

On the Sun we had the Pool Grill convert to a Noodle Bar in the evening. It wasn't every night, but not sure how often, as we rarely ate dinner in World Cafe. Many evenings they set up specials on Aquavit Terrace and opposite the bar.

However, this was the World Cruise, so may not be consistent with shorter cruises.

No Andy, they appear to be using the pool grill more and more for evening meals On all the ships. On our first cruises on Sky and then Star, it was rarely used other than for lunch. But on Sky this past March, the grill had much more use. Either as part of a larger special dinner held in the pool area (Asian Street Food night when they used it for noodles for example) or stand alone-they did an American BBQ (or at least what an Indonesian chef’s vision of one was). 

Like others, we enjoyed the new serving station on Orion.  I had sorta figured it would replace the outdoor setup for Mexican or Greek night on Aquavit Terrace so was surprised when they still set up outside on many evenings. 

53 minutes ago, deec said:

It sounds like they put the Noodle BAr in my favorite place for breakfast when it was too chilly to be outside

Hi Dee -

Actually there were two sides which were good places for breakfast when chilly outside.  The noodle bar takes up the port side, but the starboard side area is still available for that!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Dee

I agree with CC, I think you’ll be ok.  The noodle bar is the little opening you can see at the far right of this picture. 

44F6E43B-7463-4D47-BD82-F161CCA89E4C.jpeg

Right about now, I would settle for cruising on any one of the Viking ships, in any configuration! 

• Like 4

I am delighted to see Viking making creative use of its serving and dining space on Deck 7 -- New Year's Morning Brunch around the pool/Wintergarden, Pool Grill at dinner with an additional hot serving station on the Pool stage (I suppose as winter weather cruise alternative to Aquavit Terrace).  It relieves the tedium of the same choices every night and it gives returning/frequent/long-haul cruisers something to look forward to.

• Like 1