5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If the virus is still such a prevalent issue that such measures like a mask are needed for protection do you feel that we should be on the ships in the first place? I ask that in all seriousness and not to be argumentative. I get that we need to go to grocery stores and I do my part when I go. I also do my best to not get all that close too other people when I'm out. But there is nothing necessary about taking a cruise which is an environment that is about as 180 degrees away from what would be considered proper for controlling a pandemic infection.

The way I see it, if a mask is needed to provide safety on the ship, effective or not, then there is still enough risk that my one week vacation is going to be prolonged. That is a risk that I am neither willing nor can I afford to take. So if a mask is a requirement to cruise then I won't be going. If it is not a requirement and my assessment at the time is that it is not safe then I still won't be going.

This I totally agree with, which seems to have gotten lost in the whole discussion.

If the cruise lines feel that masks are a necessity, then it indicates that they (or the attorneys) think that it remains an issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Actually Mr. Bayley has discussed the topic publicly, travel gent sites have also been informed of future mask policies, and Royal filing for a trademark name  (SeaMask) is much more than a subtle hint.

How the mask policy is eventually rolled out and enforced is still in flight, but thee are folks in Miami's HQ who already know the answers. It's still a process and policy in flight until cruises go back live...making this an active topic for discussion.

It's always interesting to see certain posters advocating closing a thread whenever their views are met with agreement.

Richard Fain was quoted just a couple

days ago that they had zero plans to do anything with the “Sea Mask” trademark. 

NCL has publicized their “return to cruise” policies and there is NO mention of masks. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If the virus is still such a prevalent issue that such measures like a mask are needed for protection do you feel that we should be on the ships in the first place? I ask that in all seriousness and not to be argumentative. I get that we need to go to grocery stores and I do my part when I go. I also do my best to not get all that close too other people when I'm out. But there is nothing necessary about taking a cruise which is an environment that is about as 180 degrees away from what would be considered proper for controlling a pandemic infection.

The way I see it, if a mask is needed to provide safety on the ship, effective or not, then there is still enough risk that my one week vacation is going to be prolonged. That is a risk that I am neither willing nor can I afford to take. So if a mask is a requirement to cruise then I won't be going. If it is not a requirement and my assessment at the time is that it is not safe then I still won't be going.

Your first posting stated:

'i really hope they come up with someother way to keep an outbreak fromhappening other than wearing masks. '

Now you clarified your concern, that if masks are required you would not cruise. I agree with you. 

My question which we cannot answer, as the only answer is a vaccine, there is no other way to stop an outbreak on the ship.

Example, Noro virus can always pop up on any cruise. 

Happy Cruising!

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If you do not drive a car, it potentially will help to ease the risk of an accident. It impacts no one else, doesn't step on any toes, and doesn't impact any one else's activities. Put simply, there's no harm but there is potential to help the situation we're in together. Put even more simply...you care.

If you do choose to drive...

Don’t wear a mask on my motorcycle or car. Go to Publix, SAMS, Drug Store, we wear a mask. Our choice. Don’t wear one eating out. Haven’t figured how to wear a mask in that situation. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who is expecting the mods to close this one soon like all the other mask threads. 🐎🤺

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Maybe the mods should throw in the towel or make the mask tread a sticky. They just keep coming back like the dress code and tipping threads.  

Mentioning the civil lawsuit the parents of the girl who was dropped from the Freedom brought against Royal used to be a sure fire way to get a thread deleted.

Side note: I wonder what ever happened with that lawsuit?

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

When was there ever such a thing as a simple question on C.C.?

Yes, although this particular question might be the lone exception. 😁

Just now, HBE4 said:

I would search it and report back but no doubt someone will flame me for quoting the wrong news paper, the wrong news station or the wrong reporter no matter  who or what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

In my view the important point you made is passengers should have a choice to cruise or not based on whatever requirements cruise lines decide to implement when they resume operations. At some point, hopefully sooner than later, the CDC lifts the no sail order so at least people have the ability to make a choice to cruise or not to cruise. 

Personally I would go on a cruise tomorrow even if wearing a mask was required. The dozen or so people we are friends with who we cruise with frequently (not all at the same time) have all said the same thing, they would cruise even if a mask was required. However, this is coming from a group of people who cruise at a minimum 5-6 cruises a year and most usually more than that. Our views are probably not reflective of people who cruise far less often and aren’t addicted to cruising like us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Mentioning the civil lawsuit the parents of the girl who was dropped from the Freedom brought against Royal used to be a sure fire way to get a thread deleted.

Yes, although this particular question might be the lone exception. 😁

https://www.businessinsider.com/grandfather-of-child-died-on-royal-caribbean-ship-pleading-guilty-2020-2

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

In my view the important point you made is passengers should have a choice to cruise or not based on whatever requirements cruise lines decide to implement when they resume operations. At some point, hopefully sooner than later, the CDC lifts the no sail order so at least people have the ability to make a choice to cruise or not to cruise. 

Personally I would go on a cruise tomorrow even if wearing a mask was required. The dozen or so people we are friends with who we cruise with frequently (not all at the same time) have all said the same thing, they would cruise even if a mask was required. However, this is coming from a group of people who cruise at a minimum 5-6 cruises a year and most usually more than that. Our views are probably not reflective of people who cruise far less often and aren’t addicted to cruising like us. 

People who are cruising much more than 5-6 times a year are probably not all that concerned with getting back to work on time. Maybe I am wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t wear a mask on my motorcycle or car. Go to Publix, SAMS, Drug Store, we wear a mask. Our choice. Don’t wear one eating out. Haven’t figured how to wear a mask in that situation. 

Easy Peasy...

Like always....somebody solved the problem...

http://blob:https://www.facebook.com/847a04bd-f488-412b-9359-146cb1876e97

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

100% agree, and took the words right out of my mouth.  And your point about not cruising is my main worry.  And i know the response is going to be dont cruise if you are worried, but based on the polls that have been taken on this board, 60+% of us are worried which is going to bode well trying to fill those ships at least not with a significant discount which will make it difficult for the cruise lines to recover from.

People who are cruising much more than 5-6 times a year are probably not all that concerned with getting back to work on time. Maybe I am wrong.

Nah...not worried at all indeed.  "Unemployed by choice".  😉 

Ahem, excuse me but I believe using four letter words i.e. work is against CC guidelines. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, davekathy said:

I shutter! Now I need a glass or however many of wine. 🍷

Me too...that four letter word still strikes terror in my heart..and even have nightmares about that word still being a reality!!  😵

Pouring my glass...or two 😉 ...in 1 hour, 38 minutes!!  Tick...tick...tick.  🍷

• Like 1